JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm planning on joining Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, but had some questions for folks who may be members there. I run a few pistol builds (AR pistols, PCC, etc..) with braces and thinking of putting an angled foregrip on one of them. I've heard stories of guys getting hassled at ranges by RSO's and members about shouldering their braces. I know what the ATF says on the issue, of course, regarding pistol braces and angeled foregrips. I've shot there before as a guest and never seen an RSO, but I assume they are around at times. I also know some local LEO's use the place as well. I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get hassled for shouldering my brace and having an angeled foregrip on my AR pistol by some fans of the ATF while I'm there. I'll join regardless as I like the club, but just wanna be on my toes if I decide to shoot an AR pistol while I'm there.

I've shot at Douglas Ridge for years. I have never seen or heard of RSO's acting like "range nazis." Their only concern is safety and keeping the club open. When police practice at Douglas Ridge, they rent one of the ranges and keep to themselves. What do you mean by "fans of the ATF?" If you intend to shoot a gun you've already published you know is an illegal configuration, I don't want to be around when you do it.

I've shot at Douglas Ridge for years. I have never seen or heard of RSO's acting like "range nazis." Their only concern is safety and keeping the club open. When police practice at Douglas Ridge, they rent one of the ranges and keep to themselves. What do you mean by "fans of the ATF?" If you intend to shoot a gun you've already published you know is an illegal configuration, I don't want to be around when you do it.

Except its not an illegal configuration, but some people don't seem to think so. A man in Ohio had to go to court over an AR pistol. He was acquitted but that would be a nightmare. I've heard people get hassled over their braces and how they use them, despite what the ATF says.

I'm planning on joining Douglas Ridge Rifle Club, but had some questions for folks who may be members there. I run a few pistol builds (AR pistols, PCC, etc..) with braces and thinking of putting an angled foregrip on one of them. I've heard stories of guys getting hassled at ranges by RSO's and members about shouldering their braces. I know what the ATF says on the issue, of course, regarding pistol braces and angeled foregrips. I've shot there before as a guest and never seen an RSO, but I assume they are around at times. I also know some local LEO's use the place as well. I'm just wondering if I'm gonna get hassled for shouldering my brace and having an angeled foregrip on my AR pistol by some fans of the ATF while I'm there. I'll join regardless as I like the club, but just wanna be on my toes if I decide to shoot an AR pistol while I'm there.
I doubt you will run into range nazis at DRRC

I'm a member at TCGC. We very much appreciate that all guests that come out to our club, have a good grasp on the rules before coming out. It makes for a pleasant time shooting for you, your member host as well as the RSO's.

Kudos to you for being proactive in looking for clarification to your questions to prevent possible issues later on. Whether you are a member or not. :s0155:

Yeah, DRRC makes more sense for you location wise. I recently joined ARPC as TCGC does not have a suitable range for me to shoot my braced .300 Blackout AR pistol in it's intended roll. It's a 90 mile drive one way to ARPC, but sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do....

Yeah, DRRC makes more sense for you location wise. I recently joined ARPC as TCGC does not have a suitable range for me to shoot my braced .300 Blackout AR pistol in it's intended roll. It's a 90 mile drive one way to ARPC, but sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do....

My current build was going to be my first firearm chambered in .300 BO, but I couldnt find ammo less than $0.86/rd and decided to just stick to 5.56. I need to get into reloading.

My current build was going to be my first firearm chambered in .300 BO, but I couldnt find ammo less than $0.86/rd and decided to just stick to 5.56. I need to get into reloading.

Yes, .300 BO ammo spendy. I don't plan on putting a ton of rounds through mine. I'm currently waiting for some of my recently ordered parts to come in the mail so I can put together a 7.62x39 upper that closely mirrors my 300 BO configuration so I can shoot on the cheap. I have read that 7.62x39 can be finicky in an AR. We shall see....fingers crossed.

When you go to your orientation meeting just ask whoever is conducting it. If he's not sure I'm sure there will be someone near by that would have that information. I've been a member there about a year and I'm a rso and will repeat what's been said above. We just want to keep it safe and fun. Welcome.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top