JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The long range people there think they own the place. I am happy I left the club. Tryi shooting on Memorial or Labor day weekend. Probably can't because they have long range matches.

The long range people there think they own the place. I am happy I left the club. Tryi shooting on Memorial or Labor day weekend. Probably can't because they have long range matches.

You know more about it than I do, but I thought the way it worked was unless there is a 200/300/600 yard match then long range shooting was only on Thursdays ("long range Thursdays"). I don't mind making room/time for other shooters to "do their thing" for a big match or practice even if it's not my thing. As long as it's on the calendar so I know it's fine by me.
Fortunately my weekends are Friday-Saturday, so one of those days I'm thinking I'll get to have the place open and not so crowded. Like Disneyland on a weekday...with guns.

My biggest problem is that weekends are when I could shoot. They have many long range matches, guess when. Having Fridays off might work.

They probably still have the trap range closed. It is my opinion that it was closed to reduce the competition for long range shooting even though they claimed it was the EPA. Just my opinion

Some days you have the entire range to yourself. No pattern.

I live in Damascus, only 11 minutes to the club
The Executive Officer lives in Vancouver
The Treasurer lives in Hillsboro

CMP-Service Rifle director is national competitor Barry Mogus
Even though he's the new director, he was the director some years ago, and he, like me, is old
First clinic and match March 24, 25 (Fri, Sat)
Then May 19, 20 (Fri, Sat)
Then July 7, 8 (Fri, Sat)
August 11, 12 (Fri, Sat)
October 28, 29 (Sat, Sun) Oregon State Service Rifle Championships

Trap is up and running
5-Stand and Clays starts in March

Now we know who got all the Christmas and New Year's brass...

Some days you have the entire range to yourself. No pattern.

I live in Damascus, only 11 minutes to the club
The Executive Officer lives in Vancouver
The Treasurer lives in Hillsboro

CMP-Service Rifle director is national competitor Barry Mogus
Even though he's the new director, he was the director some years ago, and he, like me, is old
First clinic and match March 24, 25 (Fri, Sat)
Then May 19, 20 (Fri, Sat)
Then July 7, 8 (Fri, Sat)
August 11, 12 (Fri, Sat)
October 28, 29 (Sat, Sun) Oregon State Service Rifle Championships

Trap is up and running
5-Stand and Clays starts in March

Now we know who got all the Christmas and New Year's brass...

I already signed up for the March 24/25 CMP clinic & match.
I opted to ask to use one of the club Garands. I have a M1A, but how can I pass up a chance to hold and use the Original?

:s0042:

I live in Gresham and shoot at DRRC for USPSA, but I was considering joining TCGC because of their awesome action bays.

At DRRC, what are my options if I wanted to, say, set out some targets and run some drills with movement? I don't like just standing and shooting down a lane.

My biggest problem is that weekends are when I could shoot. They have many long range matches, guess when. Having Fridays off might work.

They probably still have the trap range closed. It is my opinion that it was closed to reduce the competition for long range shooting even though they claimed it was the EPA. Just my opinion

Trap is open. They have an online calendar that shows when there's a long range match or day, not that hard to figure out.

I live in Gresham and shoot at DRRC for USPSA, but I was considering joining TCGC because of their awesome action bays.

At DRRC, what are my options if I wanted to, say, set out some targets and run some drills with movement? I don't like just standing and shooting down a lane.

There is an area for that.

I went last Wednesday morning, a bit chilly but we were the only people there until about 11:00 AM. I've met a lot of nice people there, sometimes I spend more time talking than shooting.
I've had that happen before. Go to shoot, but spend more time talking.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you get your shooting in! :)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The truth is however, the majority of weekends, the 100/200 yd range is open to the members. Every Thursday is long range day, where the lower ranges are shut down, obviously for safety reasons.

Yes there are occasional long range matches on weekends, but those are the exception rather than the rule.

And yes, the shotgun trap range has been shut down for a few years in order to get the range in compliance with the EPA. It has been a long, arduous expensive journey, but the trap range is now back up and operating.

DRRC is one of the few clubs in the entire state where you are able to shoot out to 1,000 yds. It's only natural people will use it for long range as well as other disciplines.

Thanks Dizzy, excellent post!
Short answer
Tactical Shotgun Bay (trees)
Dynamic range
Longer answer
Bullets shall hit the berm
Paper or angled steel targets only (no clay birds)
You have one hour to relenquish, If another shooter wants to share the range

New member orientation is a good time to learn about DRRC
You can attend before joining.
Sunday Jan 8 noon-4p
Saturday Feb 4 10a-2p

The dynamic range is for that very thing. You will have to work with and around other people though who may also be wanting to use it for other types of shooting (static).

All in all, it's a great place to have for your different shooting needs.

I too compete in the USPSA and three gun matches at Drrc.

I've been a member for many years. It's a great place to shoot, very safe and family friendly. As others wrote, check the club's calendar online before heading out there.

The dynamic range is for that very thing. You will have to work with s d around other people though who may also be wanting to use it for other types of shooting (static).

All in all, it's a great place to have for your different shooting needs.

I too compete in the USPSA and three gun matches at Drrc.

@DizzyJ can I ask about 3-gun at DRRC?
Is there a Heavy Metal division for us .308./.45acp/pump guys, or does everyone shoot 5.56/9mm/auto shotguns?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top