JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I think I'm going to focus more on what I can buy now as opposed to what I cannot. I would like to start getting more serious about optics.
I'm interested in going the lpvo route. Anyone got any good suggestions for a quality optic and mount that can withstand hard use? I've done some reading but all I get are Vortex and Geissele in almost every search response and I am not a follow the pack kind of person.

Last Edited:
Euro Optic has a closeout on Trijicon Credo optics. At that price point, I'd probably go with the Trijicon Accupower or Accupoint.

Great now I need to revoke my boycott petition and nasty letter campaign for BRS.

Edit: this reminds me of the time when I mistakenly disparaged Biden instead of Obama back in 2008. Oh well the effort wasn't wasted.
LOL. Just yesterday I took along some cheap Blazer 9mm ammo for some plinking and told my buddy I wanted to see if there was a problem with the pistol or the Sellier &Bellot ammo I was using the last time I had that particular gun out. The cheap Blazer ammo worked flawlessly, so I was bad mouthing the S&B product something fierce. When I got home, I was going to isolate the leftover S&B ammo to make sure it was only used for plinking and not when I might actually need it to go off. Funny thing, I could only find 50 round boxes of S&B in my cabinet. I specifically remembered the offending ammo being in a 100 round box. Hmmm... Then I located a partial 100 round box of Herter's. Ooops.

I had to send my buddy an email to tell him it was Herter's that gave me a bunch of FTF's NOT Sellier & Bellot. :s0092:

Euro Optic has a closeout on Trijicon Credo optics. At that price point, I'd probably go with the Trijicon Accupower or Accupoint.
Does the acupoint have the light window on them? If so how well do those work in regards to daylight brightness on the reticle?

Does the acupoint have the light window on them? If so how well do those work in regards to daylight brightness on the reticle?
I haven't used one yet, but that's what I'd get if I were in the LPVO market. I picked up a Zeiss Conquest V4 few years back on uber clearance from Euro Optic.

I did pick up the Tenmile FFP recently, it's also in closeout, and I'm really happy.

I think I'm gonna focus more on what I can buy now as opposed to what I cannot. I think I'm going to start getting more serious about optics.
I started doing that when SB941 passed, I've only bought a few guns since.

I'm interested in going the lpvo route. Anyone got any good suggestions for a quality optic and mount that can withstand hard use? I've done some reading but all I get are Vortex and Geissele in almost every search response and I am not a follow the pack kind of person.
It really boils down to your budget. I love my Kahles K16i.
I'd buy a Badger Ordnance C1 mount over a Geissele. A Spuhr will probably be my next LPVO mount.

I have yet to badmouth any supplier of anything on the web.
Instead, I have given the supplier every opportunity to make it right.
I will admit to particular and direct verbiage in order to make my position known.
The last any forum knew that I had issues with any supplier was the comment,
"Make up your own mind about _____."
There are a select few suppliers that I will never do business with.
You can ask....

I've never shy'd away from saving up for the stuff that I actually want. I was thinking about putting this on a home defense unit. Some would argue that it's better to use an RDS with that, any opinions either way?

I have yet to badmouth any supplier of anything on the web.
Instead, I have given the supplier every opportunity to make it right.
I will admit to particular and direct verbiage in order to make my position known.
The last any forum knew that I had issues with any supplier was the comment,
"Make up your own mind about _____."
There are a select few suppliers that I will never do business with.
You can ask....
They didn't lie to me about stock or take my money and not send the product or anything of that critical nature, I'm just venting about how they did not make an effort to get a hold of me before they canceled the stuff that I can no longer get, that of course it is until this nonsense gets an injunction (hopefully).

I've never shy'd away from saving up for the stuff that I actually want. I was thinking about putting this on a home defense unit. Some would argue that it's better to use an RDS with that, any opinions either way?
I keep an Aimpoint Micro on my HD gun, a LPVO on my GP gun and an EoTech on my dedicated NV gun.

I started doing that when SB941 passed, I've only bought a few guns since.

It really boils down to your budget. I love my Kahles K16i.
I'd buy a Badger Ordnance C1 mount over a Geissele. A Spuhr will probably be my next LPVO mount.
The badger looks an awful lot like the Geissele, what does it have for rail mounting lugs?

All fmj only needs to go off at the range so.. ?
And it will... after you pick it up and put it back in the pistol. I had 100% success on the second try! :s0140: From what I've gleaned from other peoples' posting on various forums, the Herter's ammo has hard primers and FTF is a common occurrence.

I'll use it for bouncing one of those reactive targets across a gravel pit. Nothing mission critical. I don't actually belong to a range. If I was competing, I'd sell or trade this stuff, even if I had to offer 2 for 1.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads