JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eastern OR... maybe, maybe not... a matter of luck of the draw. IMO, the more people around the better. Friends used to have a cabin out in the woods... people often got into it but rarely did damage. Years later it was nothing but damage every time, so they sold it.

I've left canopy and chairs in the woods to reserve my spot... one year it was fine, the next year somebody stole my canopies and shot up or burned all the chairs.

My worthless grandson inherited a nice Scout that had been in the family for three generations. One weekend he took it out mudding... it was not made for that and he hadn't done any maintenance such as replacing old belts and hoses. He hit a rut, blew a steering hose and started the engine compartment on fire, ruining the battery etc. Instead of calling me or his other family members for a tow, he abandoned the rig. I got a call from the sheriff dept and by the time I went up there to check it out the vehicle had all the glass broken out of it, tires, hard top, and body with holes every few inches. His uncle and I went back and towed it to his house but he moved out a few months later and abandoned it yet again.

I don't leave jack in the woods anymore.

Eastern OR... maybe, maybe not... a matter of luck of the draw. IMO, the more people around the better. Friends used to have a cabin out in the woods... people often got into it but rarely did damage. Years later it was nothing but damage every time, so they sold it.

I've left canopy and chairs in the woods to reserve my spot... one year it was fine, the next year somebody stole my canopies and shot up or burned all the chairs.

My worthless grandson inherited a nice Scout that had been in the family for three generations. One weekend he took it out mudding... it was not made for that and he hadn't done any maintenance such as replacing old belts and hoses. He hit a rut, blew a steering hose and started the engine compartment on fire, ruining the battery etc. Instead of calling me or his other family members for a tow, he abandoned the rig. I got a call from the sheriff dept and by the time I went up there to check it out the vehicle had all the glass broken out of it, tires, hard top, and body with holes every few inches. His uncle and I went back and towed it to his house but he moved out a few months later and abandoned it yet again.

I don't leave jack in the woods anymore.

Well that sucks. That is the reason my son won't get things like that until he can prove he respects it. I have a muzzle loader that was passed down from my great, great grandfather. It should go to my son but I'm having a hard time with it because I know he is not into things like that. :confused:

Well that sucks. That is the reason my son won't get things like that until he can prove he respects it. I have a muzzle loader that was passed down from my great, great grandfather. It should go to my son but I'm having a hard time with it because I know he is not into things like that. :confused:

I gave my former stepson a thing that I treasured most: my Coast Guard leather flight jacket with my name on it. It didn't stay around long. :(:(:(

The discussion is about someone messing with your trailer. That is a crime. Cops investigate crimes and prosecutors try the defendants. I thought this was common knowledge but apparently not...

Hmmm, I took it as the same thing you do with cougars. SSS.

I'm sure if you left it for a day or two in an area less frequented it should be fine.

Keep in mind that there is a low-life "element" that cruises campsites etc in Central Oregon and will raid an unattended camp.
Happened to me once at Crane Prairie.

If you can park a vehicle along with your trailer you'll be better off.

The discussion is about someone messing with your trailer. That is a crime. Cops investigate crimes and prosecutors try the defendants. I thought this was common knowledge but apparently not...
My point was, sometimes it's better to just take care of it yourself! Do you realise how low on the totem a property crime out in the woods is to most law enforcement? They got plenty of bigger fish to fry! About the only reason I can think of to involve them is as a record for insurance!

In my part of Northeastern Oregon it's likely no one would bother your trailer BUT . . . I can guarantee if you leave a stack of wood it won't be there when you get back?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

My neighbor left a nice 5th wheel unattended up the road from my place. It was across the creek and on private timberland. A few weeks after he parked it, it was a complete wreck. Axles stolen and everything broken and trashed.

In my part of Northeastern Oregon it's likely no one would bother your trailer BUT . . . I can guarantee if you leave a stack of wood it won't be there when you get back?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

Next step is your wheels and tires, about 5 minutes work for a couple of practiced guys, I'm talking a tandem axel rig.
Josephine County is stretched so tight that it can take around an hour just to respond to an assault call, forget about property damage. Maybe they will get there for a grand theft call. They got a few extra bucks this year and are trying to improve on it but they are still short handed.
I wouldn't leave anything unattended out in the woods, it's got a hitch on it and presumably on your vehicle, you towed it in there when you arrived it isn't all that hard to pull it back out when you leave. Not convenient? Good luck Pilgrim! :rolleyes:
Gabby

My point was, sometimes it's better to just take care of it yourself! Do you realise how low on the totem a property crime out in the woods is to most law enforcement? They got plenty of bigger fish to fry! About the only reason I can think of to involve them is as a record for insurance!

My truck had been broken into multiple times, plates, cat converter stolen, windows smashed. Not much they can do to investigate that when no cameras around in city.

But a trail cam will likely catch a license plate and faces of the thieves. They are not taking a bus to the boondocks...

Big difference between low on totem pole car prowls with no evidence and grand theft felony with picture evidence of license plates...it is their Job to make an arrest in that case.

My truck had been broken into multiple times, plates, cat converter stolen, windows smashed. Not much they can do to investigate that when no cameras around in city.

But a trail cam will likely catch a license plate and faces of the thieves. They are not taking a bus to the boondocks...

Big difference between low on totem pole car prowls with no evidence and grand theft felony with picture evidence of license plates...it is their Job to make an arrest in that case.
Seems like a good way to give away a trail cam...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top