JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah I never heard of it, but in 2005 I was employed shall we say elsewhere lolololol, but I see Matty Damon still cant do a real accent lololol.
I know that building... Judging by your avatar...

1690177218443.png

...I would say we were in the exact, or nearly the exact, same place, albeit at different times (2012 - 2014 for me)...

Last Edited:
I know that building... Judging by your avatar...

View attachment 1458446

...I would say we were in the exact, or nearly the exact, same place, albeit at different times (2012 - 2014 for me)...
HAHAHA, Yeah the old KAF MP offices, my CHU was only a few hundred feet away, we were still tripping over old Russian ammo cans almost everywhere we needed to dig lololol, fun times with gunz. The last time I was there in KAF was 2012, then went to FOB Shank West and ended up at Camp Supreme in Kabul, it feels pretty weird, but I almost miss it in some way, Im not sure what, not the rocket attacks or snipers or ied`s or the foul stink or the Afghanies, but something.

HAHAHA, Yeah the old KAF MP offices, my CHU was only a few hundred feet away, we were still tripping over old Russian ammo cans almost everywhere we needed to dig lololol, fun times with gunz. The last time I was there in KAF was 2012, then went to FOB Shank West and ended up at Camp Supreme in Kabul, it feels pretty weird, but I almost miss it in some way, Im not sure what, not the rocket attacks or snipers or ied`s or the foul stink or the Afghanies, but something.
I actually miss it, too! I lived for a short bit in the CH2M/DynCorp compound, southwest of the Poo Pond. My CHU was only about 300 yards from that hideousness, so when the evening wind would shift from westerly to easterly, we got the stench-blast something fierce, and fresh from the Pond. Every day...

But after 2 weeks in KAF, I shipped out to FOB Walton on the opposite side of that big mountain ridge to the north of the flightline, about 9 or 10 miles from KAF as the crow flies. I was there for 6 months - like a frik'n Club Med by comparison to KAF! Then I went to FOB Spin Boldak out in the far southeast at the Pakistan border for a bit, and then FOB Pasab/Wilson for another 6 months - that one really sucked. Lots and lots of rocket attacks and insider attacks. We even had a couple of truck bombs blow a hole through the Hescoes at the drone airfield and a buncha ragheads got in and killed a few guys before they all got snuffed. That one was bad...

Then I went to FOB Aziz Ula and FOB Sarkari Karez/Ramrod for a while. COP Terra Nova, way out in Indian Country, was a blast. Really exciting there - only a 1/4 mile from Jelawar, billed as the "birthplace" of the Taliban. I almost got hit there. I really enjoyed those places far away from KAF, the higher-ups, and that stench of the Poo Pond! But for my final final 6 months I was back at KAF and back in that same smelly compound. But by then the WWTP down in Deep South had finally come on line and the Poo Pond was practically dry. So, the smell was markedly reduced for my last few months in country! :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews