JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
for 4-5 days at a time? The area where I want to leave the trailer parked rarely has traffic--which would be camping or hunter traffic. I would not leave valuables in the trailer.
The trailer has a dead bolt lock. Should I leave the door locked or not. I would not leave food in the trailer. Any thoughts? Post a sign for ongoing trail camera in operation???? Thanks for you thoughts on this problem.
4 or 5 days???? Let me tell you a story that happened to me while bow hunting some years ago not more than a half hour after I left my vehicle at the end of a fairly long gravel road East of Cascade Locks, Ore. I grabbed my bow and took off up hill next to where I had parked. Before I could get to the top I heard another car coming up that gravel road which caused me to turn back to check it out. Just in time I caught these two miscretes walking up to my car with jack handle in hand but they didn't see me standing just up hill about 20ft. I knocked one of my target arrows (didn't want to waste a good hunting arrow) knowing they intended to break my window so I shot the front tire of his car. It exploded with a big bang right after which those two probably lost their water as they ran back to their car, and peeled out of there. I thought about going on with the hunt but with all that noise it probably would not have been productive anyway so I ran down to my car, tossed the bow in, started it, and tore after them. I soon caught up with them (they could barely keep their car going straight) and followed them limping back into town. I stayed within one car length of their rear bumper the whole time hoping a cop would take notice but no luck. I could see them nervously talking to each other about what they should do with this evil person following so close, probably scared poop-less! (monitor changed my word to bubblegumless! WTH??) I gave them two teenagers a "deliverance" experience they will probably never forget! True story!

Last Edited:
Just park it on Lombard between 15th and 33rd.
Vehicle has to be there for 72 hours before folks can report it.

Isn't that the gawd-awful truth! Though you have it wrong....The residents don't have to wait 72 hours to report. It used to be the city would tag an abandoned car, when they got to it, with a 72 hour notice. But people living in various dilapidated trailers and motor homes can't be towed while they are living in them. I currently have THREE motor homes, with accompanying cars, parked with in a block and a half of my home. The fruitcake in the news story a few weeks ago building his dream "Tiny House", that eventually had his butchered trailer towed off private property? He started his project within that block and a half from my home! He was there close to a month and a half.

As far as leaving a trailer in the boonies? My neighbor used to do that for years for deer and elk season. But I'm afeared, as mention above, you'd be safer parking along Lombard for 5 days, hell, for a month even!

I went riding up above Jones creek. Unloaded the bike, locked the trailer to the rig, cabled the gas can to the trailer, and went for a quick ride. Came back about 45 minutes later. Trailer and gas can gone...

I went riding up above Jones creek. Unloaded the bike, locked the trailer tonthr rig, cabled the gas can to the trailer, and went for a quick ride. Came back about 45 minutes later. Trailer and gas can gone...
Lucky the rig wasn't too... Mayberry where you didn't need to lock your doors at night sadly exists only in the history books now.

Biohazard transport stickers and a couple of bloody handprints on the door.
upload_2017-8-26_10-27-43.jpeg upload_2017-8-26_10-31-19.jpeg

The last two years during archery season, theres been a trailer parked across the road from our camp (Umatilla unit). Ive never noticed anyone messing with it. The owner lived in Hermiston and would come a go through the season.

My brother and his hunting partner used to leave their trailer up in the Rogue all through deer and elk seasons (rifle) and they'd come and go They never had an issue with it.

As always, ymmv......

Generally, yes.

Unless there is someone regularly in the area to prevent people from messing with it.

It depends on how many people pass thru the area - more people, more chance of one of them being an anal orifice who messes with other people's property.

for 4-5 days at a time? The area where I want to leave the trailer parked rarely has traffic--which would be camping or hunter traffic. I would not leave valuables in the trailer.
The trailer has a dead bolt lock. Should I leave the door locked or not. I would not leave food in the trailer. Any thoughts? Post a sign for ongoing trail camera in operation???? Thanks for you thoughts on this problem.

:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

............. yes, HORRIBLE idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top