JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The timing of this made me laugh 🤣

They were undergunned from the get go. I love my 10mm, but you would be foolish to think it adequate for a grizzly and the .45acp is laughable as a bear gun.

Screenshot_20221031_201943.jpg

I don't understand people and their desire to fight bears with pistols here in the US. It's plain stupid. You don't see professional hunters in Africa recommending a pistol to stop a buffalo, lion, elephant, or anything that will kill you. No, they use rifles that penetrate. But not here in America where we seem to try and use the smallest thing possible for everything.

That is why I carry a Starbucks drinking, blue and green haired wokester in my go bag. Stops a grizzly instantly while I make my leisurely escape. Go big or go home! :s0140:

The timing of this made me laugh 🤣

They were undergunned from the get go. I love my 10mm, but you would be foolish to think it adequate for a grizzly and the .45acp is laughable as a bear gun.

View attachment 1302647
And yet, 10mm is what I often hear recommended and it is not that much more powerful than a +P+ .45 ACP load, or a .45 Super load.

The mistake the .45 ACP owner made was carrying JHP loads, instead of bear loads.

And yet, 10mm is what I often hear recommended and it is not that much more powerful than a +P+ .45 ACP load...
Well, there is a minimum of 80 million idiots, just in this country, and very few of them are willing to do any sort of research. They are usually basing that recommendation off of the ramblings of uneducated masses. 10mm is by far my favorite caliber, but it's definitely not a magnum, nor is it anywhere close to being as powerful as a rifle. The only argument against that(and one I see often) is that when you add up the total energy available with the standard 15 round capacity, it is the most powerful semi-auto handgun available.

And yet, 10mm is what I often hear recommended and it is not that much more powerful than a +P+ .45 ACP load, or a .45 Super load.

The mistake the .45 ACP owner made was carrying JHP loads, instead of bear loads.
Yeah that was stupid, this ain't Chitcago guys.

Personally, I'll stick with my .44 mag, I use to have a G20 for my woods gun but decided I wanted more juice and when back to the 44.

Hell of a guide that allows himself and clients to follow up on an elk they had shot without rifles in hand.
Yeah... should have his license pulled. Being aware of the area, that grizzly's are conditioned to not fear humans, attacks have been on the rise and there's been a population explosion... why he would ever allow himself... or... his clients to go tramping around looking for a bear buffet is beyond stupidity. I would call that professional negligence.

I don't understand people and their desire to fight bears with pistols here in the US. It's plain stupid. You don't see professional hunters in Africa recommending a pistol to stop a buffalo, lion, elephant, or anything that will kill you. No, they use rifles that penetrate. But not here in America where we seem to try and use the smallest thing possible for everything.
Reminds me of the same logic path used by those who pick up the meth pipe…..

:rolleyes:

Dude, it's hereditary....
Sorry bruh, GIRTH matters.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads