JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a sweet looking ride!

I'm only a few years younger than you and I took my son over to Hart Mountain in November. He possessed a bow tag for mule deer. We took my extra cab 1998 Dodge Ram with a 6 1/2 foot bed and canopy. We barely had room for his buck with all of the stuff we had packed in the pickup. I don't think we would have had any chance of making the trip with your Jeep, even eliminating nonessentials. Of course, it was below freezing and snowing much of the time.
We are going Rabbit hunting you can get 20 of them in a medium cooler! My next project once I have the hard top completed this spring is a small compact off road travel trailer that will be large enough for a Queen sized bed And should either 1 or two hunters get lucky room for a couple of dressed out deer. The trailer will fold down to slightly less then the silhouette of the Willys with the Hard top on it. When open will have almost the interior space of a 7ft cab over camper.

I have been planning on how to go on 10 day long adventures in this Willys and the little Trailer for close to a decade If a person can hike the Pacific trail for 10 days with what can be carried in a lg backpack I am sure we will be fine.

I have been planning on how to go on 10 day long adventures in this Willys and the little Trailer for close to a decade If a person can hike the Pacific trail for 10 days with what can be carried in a lg backpack I am sure we will be fine.
For sure. Been there done that. It helps if the fishing is good. :s0071:

Last year, a younger buddy of mine wanted me to help him find a buck when he drew that same Hart Mountain tag. He has a four door newer model Toyota Tundra with heated seats and pulled a good-sized travel trailer with two slide-outs over there. It was ridiculously comfortable. We had microwave popcorn at night and Haagen dazs ice cream bars for dessert. The heater kept the place warm and cozy. So, it was a bit of a step down this year when my son and I had to "rough it" in a Kodiak canvas tent, with our sleeping bags on monster cots and an 18,000 BTU Big Buddy propane heater. 🤣

In the end, both trips were a hoot. The important thing is getting out for the adventures and making memories. I notice as I age, I am less resistant when someone suggests more comfortable options. I even sometimes camp in a tent trailer these days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top