JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
for 4-5 days at a time? The area where I want to leave the trailer parked rarely has traffic--which would be camping or hunter traffic. I would not leave valuables in the trailer.
The trailer has a dead bolt lock. Should I leave the door locked or not. I would not leave food in the trailer. Any thoughts? Post a sign for ongoing trail camera in operation???? Thanks for you thoughts on this problem.

No worries. It'll be fine.

upload_2017-8-24_19-8-28.jpeg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "don't leave anything in the woods (and really, it's fast heading for more like 'outside your home, even on your own fenced property') that you wouldn't have a problem with it not being there when you come back."

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "don't leave anything in the woods (and really, it's fast heading for more like 'outside your home, even on your own fenced property') that you wouldn't have a problem with it not being there when you come back."
+1
I've known dirtbags who boasted about "finding" utility trailers (no license required) on public land, hooking them up and taking them away.

I would leave a big note taped to the door saying something like,
"Roger, I'll be right back, I'm sighting in my new Barret's .50 caliber sniper rifle not too far away".

Loaded question. And unanswerable. I left a 27' on MY property in Cle Elum, WA and it was towed because the neighboring property owner claimed an easement where it was parked. I had all of the property records and no easement was ever filed but I still had to pay the $300 towing bill. :rolleyes:

I sold the property about a year later as I HATED the neighbors and the only flat area to park an RV was on their so-called easement. Plus I was getting ready to move to Idaho and made a little money on the deal. ;)

yes,

tweakers drove a couch out to salmonberry, an hour outside of Portland, just so they could get high in the woods.

that trailer would be filled with squatters and a whole meth operation if you left it for 4 days.

Loaded question. And unanswerable. I left a 27' on MY property in Cle Elum, WA and it was towed because the neighboring property owner claimed an easement where it was parked. I had all of the property records and no easement was ever filed but I still had to pay the $300 towing bill. :rolleyes:

I sold the property about a year later as I HATED the neighbors and the only flat area to park an RV was on their so-called easement. Plus I was getting ready to move to Idaho and made a little money on the deal. ;)
Shoulda had your property fenced, bro... a fence is a pretty clear indication of "Keep Out, No Easement/Entry Authorized Here."

Me, I won't even consider a property that doesn't have a nice, securing fence unless the seller agrees to put one up as condition of sale and roll the cost into the mortgage.

Shoulda had your property fenced, bro... a fence is a pretty clear indication of "Keep Out, No Easement/Entry Authorized Here."

Me, I won't even consider a property that doesn't have a nice, securing fence unless the seller agrees to put one up as condition of sale and roll the cost into the mortgage.

It was, with 4x4 posts and 1/2" steel braided cable. This was a piece of raw property in a snow park. I tried to confront the neighbor but they wouldn't answer the door. :rolleyes:

I was close to moving to Idaho so I threw it up for sale and moved on with life.

in this era, the odds are a push, whether it would get heavily vandalized or someone would put it on Craigslist.

I used to share an elk camp stared by my buddy's dad & WW2 crew around 1948. They returned yearly for 40+ years, going so far as to finally build a decent open-walled crapper with a real nice wooden seat, steps/a few planks to make a little floor while you were there with 3 sides open to the wind & the sun.
A few basics such as a couple downed logs for use with the tent, a nice set up for hanging the elk while processing, etc.

I had used that camp with him for about 5 years in the late 80s. The next year it was all shot up & shat upon by cretinous polywankers. Same year my pick up was deliberately rammed in the far edge of the parking lot.

Not to make a Big Issue of it....yet times really are a-changing....

Last Edited:
If you remove the wheels, cut off the hitch and lower it by helicopter into a road-less location that you can reach only by canoeing and then hiking in through densely forested, fly infested, terrain... maybe you could leave it for...uhh...err...ahhh... maybe for.....never mind!

I hear there's some real nice pack tents available.

Yeah some azzhat will bust out the window, cut the tires, shoot it full of holes, and most likely break in to rummage through all your stuff.
Probably leave you a steaming present on the couch/bed/floor and leave the door open for all the critters to use as a home, and bathroom.

Thats if they don't just steal it and turn it into a meth lab

There's one piece of wisdom from a fellow wearer of black suits that I've considered profound enough to have literally built my entire life around it...

"You can't keep what you can't [added by me: or won't] protect."
--Agent K, of the Men in Black

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class