JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've read the Washington law several time and find it very ambiguous
since I retired, some one is out here on the property at all times
our front and back door are locked until one of us is outside
if someone breaks into my home to steal a firearm while I'm here, ether they or I will be dead

and then there is this clause:
(4) If a death or serious injury occurs as a result of an alleged violation of subsection (1)(a) of this section, the prosecuting attorney may decline to prosecute, even though technically sufficient evidence to prosecute exists, in situations where prosecution would serve no public purpose or would defeat the purpose of the law in question.

what public purpose would prosecuting a disabled 72 year old man or 68 year old 100% disabled woman who live in rural Clark Co, Wa., if someone manages to steal one of our firearms

It's a clearly unconstitutional law that the left has pushed as another incremental "win" for their agenda. Someone steals my car and then commits a crime with it, would I be liable, no - their attempt to make it such with guns is no different.

if someone breaks into my home to steal a firearm while I'm here, ether they or I will be dead

(4) If a death or serious injury occurs as a result of an alleged violation of subsection (1)(a) of this section, the prosecuting attorney may decline to prosecute, even though technically sufficient evidence to prosecute exists, in situations where prosecution would serve no public purpose or would defeat the purpose of the law in question.

what public purpose would prosecuting a disabled 72 year old man or 68 year old 100% disabled woman who live in rural Clark Co, Wa., if someone manages to steal one of our firearms
As with many "gun laws" it has NOTHING to do with safety. Its not meant to "fix" anything. Bottom line if someone does manage to steal a gun from you? Be VERY careful what information you volunteer to Police when you report it.

As with many "gun laws" it has NOTHING to do with safety. Its not meant to "fix" anything. Bottom line if someone does manage to steal a gun from you? Be VERY careful what information you volunteer to Police when you report it.
I know your message is for the whole forum, but IF someone manages to find my place, down our dead end gravel road and decide that a place with dead pickups in the side yard may have a worthwhile firearm to steal, they will run into a very angry Texas Farm Wife with white hair and a Smith 686 on the coffee table.
God Have Mercy On Their Sole!!!

Firearm stolen, make, model, identifying marks/colors, attachments, etc, serial number if applicable, the end. No other information needs to be supplied - police are really good at implying people should continue to give them information, just stop talking, it can't help you - ever.

It isn't always about public purpose...or justice. Kyle Rittenhouse never should have been arrested, charged, or tried. But he was. There are evil forces at work in our country. And if you run afoul of those evil forces, the law...and public purpose...may very well not matter.

I know your message is for the whole forum, but IF someone manages to find my place, down our dead end gravel road and decide that a place with dead pickups in the side yard may have a worthwhile firearm to steal, they will run into a very angry Texas Farm Wife with white hair and a Smith 686 on the coffee table.
God Have Mercy On Their Sole!!!
Is she gonna shoot 'em in the feet? :s0112:

Disk or drum brake? :s0108:

Uuhhhh….. no. I'm an equal opportunity chop buster.

Besides, that was funny right thar!

:s0140:

;) :D
That's like me reading people not knowing the difference between loose and lose…

Or the people who type "prolly" which has seemingly become synonymous with "probably" for those who don't enunciate.

(3)(d) The prohibited person's access to the firearm was obtained as a result of an unlawful entry, provided that the unauthorized access or theft of the firearm is reported to a local law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction in which the unauthorized access or theft occurred within five days of the time the victim of the unlawful entry knew or reasonably should have known that the firearm had been taken.

(3)(d) The prohibited person's access to the firearm was obtained as a result of an unlawful entry, provided that the unauthorized access or theft of the firearm is reported to a local law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction in which the unauthorized access or theft occurred within five days of the time the victim of the unlawful entry knew or reasonably should have known that the firearm had been taken.
"reasonably should have known"

I do not take regular inventory of my guns and I doubt many firearm owners do. I can just imagine what an unsympathetic judge or jury might want to consider "reasonable".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top