JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Joe: Why do you think the next president will be as or more anti-gun than the current? Don't we tend to swing back and forth between conservative and "liberal" ones? Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama ... Or do you think that the mindset of the American people has shifted to an anti-gun stance and that we won't ever go back? Or, do you just want an excuse to go shopping? ;)

Since you can't eat guns (except for that cool Glock cakes someone's daughter made a while back) I would put it toward your emergency fund (you have one of those, right?!) in case of job loss, medical bills, etc. Anything left over can be for your shopping.

Joe: Why do you think the next president will be as or more anti-gun than the current? Don't we tend to swing back and forth between conservative and "liberal" ones? Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama ... Or do you think that the mindset of the American people has shifted to an anti-gun stance and that we won't ever go back? Or, do you just want an excuse to go shopping? ;)

Since you can't eat guns (except for that cool Glock cakes someone's daughter made a while back) I would put it toward your emergency fund (you have one of those, right?!) in case of job loss, medical bills, etc. Anything left over can be for your shopping.

Joe started this thread in 2008, so we knew who the next president would be...

We have a good chance of seeing a ticket in the next election that includes some combination of Biden, Clinton, and Kerry. I don't know if the R's will dig themselves far enough out the hole to be able to win in 2016. I don't see a lot of change coming...

I see a lot of change coming. Each payday thats all I expect will be left of my pay check will be change.
Now you truly understand what "hope and change" was all about. Example: "I was hoping for better jobs or maybe just less unemployment, now I'm just hoping for change"

You can't throw those rifles, better set aside at least $300 of that cash for ammo!

Exactly! When they realize they can't get your guns, they'll limit/tax/restrict/require backgound checks, and do everything they can to dry up ammo supplies (wait, they are already drying up ammo supply to the tune of >2 billion rounds). There are a lot of new gun owner out there with only 50 rounds or less of ammo. Get it while you can.

I seriously don't mean to be a PIA, just trying to understand.

1. Are you all stocking up on firearms you think will be banned because you actually have a use for them or because you want to have one in case you want to use one (but it has been banned)? (Yes, yes, I know you can never have too many, but come on now.)

IMHO ...

I think it would be better for all of us to actively educate the public on the wonders of firearms, instead of buying everything in sight and hiding in our enclaves and waiting for the *** to hit the fan. That is what I am going to focus on. Ok, proceed with your original thread.

1. M4A3 AR15, probably a Bushmaster. I think the cheapest I've found them was around $799.

2. AK Variant (Saiga, SAR1, WASR10). I've been tempted to buy a Saiga and convert it myself. It'd probably be around $450 when it's all said and done, or I might be able to find a WASR10 for $350-$375.

3. Saiga-12. I've wanted one of these since they first came out and the price just keeps climbing. I could still get one now for around $600.

How long before we can expect to pay these prices again?

Question of OP was.
If you had $1100 to spend before the next president takes office, what would you buy?

Well lets see with the president we have now,
hmmmm $1100 would buy me, another 10/22 and 4 boxes of 525 ammo. :s0114:
the balance due I would have to put on a credit card .

ThreadNecroCArd.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top