JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was in Hawaii right before one of the hurricanes. It was after work, and most people had done their hurricane shopping. I run into my buddy, and we both have a case of beer in our carts; only the essentials.
It wasn't Iniki was it? I was there for my wedding anniversary on OH-AH-HOO. Spent the night at the Red Cross shelter on a mat on the floor.

The RC sandwiches were not bad tho'.

As I remember. :)

I'm gonna change my job description to balloon pay load rigger and my name to Won Hung Lo...
Maybe only old guys will get this, but . . . .
DoorGunner.jpg

Also to the OP's question, tin foil, lots and lots of tin foil because those hats aren't going make themselves!!

Plan for economic disaster.

WW3 will not make it to our shores, but the war and the resulting potential loss will economically devastate us... exponential price increases, hyperinflation, increased political repression, mass censorship, loss of rights, etc.

prediction?
We foolishly jump into conflict in eastern europe with Russia, quickly overextend ourselves thinking its going to be like Afghanistan... begin taking heavy casualties as happens in peer/near peer combat... public back home greatly divided, political chaos ensues... China rolls on Taiwan... we are caught up in a two front war with unsustainable supply lines... transgender/diversity hires at the pentagon and poor civilian leadership blunder us into a loss on both fronts...
Come back home tail-tucked. No longer world leader/superpower... no longer reserve currency. economy in shambles, massive war debts, possible sanctions/reparations imposed on us... both sides point blame at eachother. both sides claim 'misinformation' etc & dismantle free speech protections, etc. People revolt over poor quality of life, high cost of living, trashed economy, high inflation... (think somewhere between Russia 1991-1992 and Venezuela 2018) People and politicians separate even more than we are now... every side is taken to the extreme. Secession and civil war are coming... eventually the country breaks up like India/Pakistan or probably more likely Yugoslavia. The violence will eventually subside... but your kids and grandkids will never truly know peace and prosperity like you and your parents did. America as we know it will cease to exist and life will never be the same

Put down the Turner Diaries and stop watching Red Dawn.... read about life in the Great Depression, learn how people survived in the fall of Yugoslavia and how people survived in urban environments during the siege of Sarajevo. Read about life in London after the blitz or how people in Berlin survived the war.
Learn real, physical skills now... your office gig wont exist anymore.

Get in shape. Make amends with family, get right with God. THAT is what will get you through whatever is coming.

There is no piece of gear or particular caliber to stock up on thats going to ensure your survival.

Some things will get real expensive, anything with copper, lead, tungsten, steel, aluminum plus the rare earth metals. Electronics or anything with chips or flash memory. We can live without toys for a while and a lot of the other junk they make but in the long run cutting off ties with China will be better for our economy.

Capitalism is involved, but not the entire picture. China has capitalism in their free market - but that is as far as it goes.
Capitalism is the engine, the prime mover, behind globalization. Capitalism is the reason we are engaged with China at all. You are free to disagree, but you will be wrong.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews