JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All the zombie movies I see I can't figure out why the people ain't out hunting the zombies and clearing a safe area. Big crowd of zombies would be short work for a high track Dozier and no way they could stop it or slow it down. A little heavy equipment on the job and there wouldn't be a zombie left.:D

Multiple integrally suppressed .22 LR rifle and handguns with reliable high cap mags and self-defense or hunting ammo. The rifle would have a scout scope 1-4x or 1-6x scope.

As mentioned, only head shots count. The classic zombie moves slowly and is generally easy to evade, but often comes in groups and responds to sound and/or movement.

Body shots don't count, but one or two shots to the head usually does the trick.

A rimfire is quiet, especially when suppressed. Integrally suppressed rimfires typically cause most standard and standard high velocity ammo to be subsonic or close to it, so even quieter. Low recoil so quick recovery of shots. Most shots will be below 100 yards anyway, but even if you take shots beyond that you are unlikely to attract attention as the classic zombie does not seem to react to pain or simple distractions and doesn't seem to have much intelligence.

Ammo is relatively inexpensive, light and not bulky.

The only thing I worry about is .22RF not having enough throwing power. I don't know if you ever read World War Z, but a suppressed .22 pistol was one of the things suggested for certain circumstances.

But mostly I would stay home. Unlikely that zombies would make it to where I live. Despite the movies, zombies would be fairly easy to kill with conventional machinery. You could run them over with heavy equipment which would crush them sufficiently that they could not move, and most would have their skulls crushed. Enough people armed with firearms and ammo could take out hundreds per day for each armed person. Setting up traps such as rock crushers or steel shredders should be effective. Zombies would freeze in the winter and probably not survive that.

Combine... a harvester of gore. Back it up with a few skiploaders, and you're probably talking some real business getting done.

Those of you that enjoy the genre would probably like The Remaining. It's a book series by D J Molles. It has a pretty practical approach and is well written. I read World War Z and liked it but these books are better IMHO.

The only thing I worry about is .22RF not having enough throwing power. I don't know if you ever read World War Z, but a suppressed .22 pistol was one of the things suggested for certain circumstances.
The only power you need with a zombie is the ability to penetrate the skull and do moderate damage to the brain. Because zombies are not smart, they won't be wearing helmets, they won't be evading, and they will be moving slowly.

Combine... a harvester of gore. Back it up with a few skiploaders, and you're probably talking some real business getting done.
Any kind of combine will stop with the first few bodies to go through it - they are not meant to handle bones and skulls. Take it from me - simple small rocks and pieces of wood stop them.

What you need is a large land clearing mulcher - a large hydraulic drive that can handle rocks. I've seen ones that are about the size of a D4 cat that would do the job. Most of the purpose built ones have so much armor on them to handle falling trees and branches that a zombie couldn't get inside.

That or lure them into a metal shredder or rock crusher.

If the ZOMBIE apocalypse happend what would you do???

Most large urban areas have gigantic stadiums and Zombies are attracted to noise...I'd simply play recordings of Hillary's campaign screeches until the stadiums get stuffed full of her "constituents", lock 'em in...
....then, BOOM.

It seems to me that the ultimate zombie weapon would be trip wire.
I never see zombies get up after falling down. They dont seem to have the strength to push them selves back up on their feet.
So, trip the first dozen, they go down, trip up the rest behind them, it forms a wall of writhing, immobile moaning dead heads.
The steam roller...

It seems to me that the ultimate zombie weapon would be trip wire.
I never see zombies get up after falling down. They dont seem to have the strength to push them selves back up on their feet.
So, trip the first dozen, they go down, trip up the rest behind them, it forms a wall of writhing, immobile moaning dead heads.
The steam roller...

I like the trip a zombie idea. Then from the garage, a weeding spade for poking each in the brain. Less than $10. Line up cement blocks to trip zombies. A cheap defense system.

HlnHhE.jpg

The only power you need with a zombie is the ability to penetrate the skull and do moderate damage to the brain. Because zombies are not smart, they won't be wearing helmets, they won't be evading, and they will be moving slowly.

Any kind of combine will stop with the first few bodies to go through it - they are not meant to handle bones and skulls. Take it from me - simple small rocks and pieces of wood stop them.

What you need is a large land clearing mulcher - a large hydraulic drive that can handle rocks. I've seen ones that are about the size of a D4 cat that would do the job. Most of the purpose built ones have so much armor on them to handle falling trees and branches that a zombie couldn't get inside.

After using a flail to clear a field full of zombies... better have that pressure washer handy because I'm not getting out until at least some of that gore is washed off.

As far as the .22LR convo goes, there seems to be some diversity of opinion on what exactly would be best, only reason I mentioned 9mm/raufoss is that it absolutely removes all question, because it will absolutely remove a head. Who knows what the fatal triangle on a zombie is going to be. Is it the brain stem, or some other pathway in the nervous system that needs to function. In the case of 28days later zombies (not actually undead) it would be the same for zombies as humans, but still, nuking the site from orbit is the only way to be sure.

th?id=JN.aOCPECohYvmTuI3kPveufQ&pid=15.1&P=0.jpg

th?id=JN.RWePdgZh2J2TM1Rm75uP4A&pid=15.1&P=0.jpg

th?id=JN.OxZEs5p%2fp5hWrRwIg7g66Q&pid=15.1&P=0.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR