JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of Willy's I see an outfit in clackamas is selling Mitsubishi Willy's jeep knock offs. Don't know anything about them except they are $14,000 which seems awfully high for what it is. Same people that sell the little mini dump trucks, fire engines, etc imported form Japan (I think).
You sure it's not a Mahindra?

If it's truly a Mitsubishi, it's pretty rare in the US.

Last Edited:
Speaking of Willy's I see an outfit in clackamas is selling Mitsubishi Willy's jeep knock offs. Don't know anything about them except they are $14,000 which seems awfully high for what it is. Same people that sell the little mini dump trucks, fire engines, etc imported form Japan (I think).

You sure it's not a Mahindra?

If it's truly a Mitsubishi, it's pretty rare in the US.

No clue but ad said Mitsubishi.

Go buy it. NOW!
Agreed, Mitsubishi were given license to make their own versions of the Willys Jeeps, same as Mahindra. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-mitsubishi-j53-jeep/

Edit
Even if $14k maybe high; the thing is that they're imported and doesn't need to pay chicken tax if they're over 25 years old; that's why we're seeing all those 1990s Japanese mini 4x4s and vehicles showing up.

Last Edited:
Here's the Mitsubishi ad I saw fyi I guess it's Oregon city not clackamas:

4C265B7D-74EC-455B-A9BC-6ADE78265517.jpeg
A99C9549-DB93-43C6-A2B5-EEF09E277484.jpeg

Not at all interested for that money. That's half a Porsche panamera or more than I paid for our glk350 4wd. No way in hades would I pay $14k. He can probably get you as many as you want just google it he's in clackamas.

Here's the Mitsubishi ad I saw fyi I guess it's Oregon city not clackamas:

View attachment 1469419
View attachment 1469420
Cool. As I said earlier, I might build my own in the future.

If I were to spend $14k on another vehicle right now, it would be towards a new motorcycle. I just bought a Bronco in the spring, so I'm good for a while!

I'd like to have a unimog. Some of the things they can do just cracks me up. Woudl love to have a g wagon too of course but way to rich for my blood. Damn those things can climb. I've seen regular unimogs go for $4-$8k locally but I don't know much about them.

Cool crew cab version (I've never seen this version for sale but I almost never look for them).

5C3A7E9B-1736-45DA-96E5-789ADCAC9CE5.jpeg

G wagon climbing crazy steep cliff

Last Edited:
Yep, they're fun rigs. That Adrenaline U416 DoKa build went for over a hundred k on buyatrailer a while back. That first video isn't a Unimog, it's a Renault SUMB. Still a capable rig.

Those DoKa (double cabin) 'mogs have skyrocketed in value over the last few years. Pretty much impossible to find them less than 75k or so, unless they're ratty. Great trucks and well out of my price range. The friends of mine that have them brought them in thirty years ago, but even then they were over 20k.

Mitsubishi has had a license to build Willys jeeps since the early 50's like Mahindra in India has since 1947.

Regarding the above listed "Jeep Commander":

That is indeed a very nice-looking Jeep, and in today's market worth every penny of 17K as it sits (barring some unseen problems).

However, there are some flags I'd like to point out (in case someone is seriously wanting to purchase this).

A WW2 Jeep would have rolled out of the factory with combat rims and top bows (along with their brackets).

I would think that someone who spent 5 years restoring a vehicle would at least get the model right AND be able to spell the name of the manufacturer correctly, AND make sure the ad reflected a manual transmission.

Finally, the demand for "Cash only" raises my "Scam alert" to a high level.

Scams are not unheard of in the MV collecting circle.

Best regards.

WMB

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews