JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IF & ONLY IF...$oney is not oblect, I say why settle for only 1.? 1911's and the variants, and different manufactures, makes, many sizes, and with added features.. BUY many, shoot, enjoy, collect, and sell or trade the one's you need to sell or do not want. You should not loose money, if you buy wisely, clean, care and then need to resell. I have a small collection of 1911's and like most all of them for some specific reason.

I already have my dream 1911....hand built by me. But if money was no object I'd get a 1942 Singer. I used to have 15 in my care in the service, they are the rarest version 1911A1 made.

For me it was not so much the money as a 1911 made in the Northwest, Washington State.I went with a Olympic Arms Matchmaster.Built in there custom shop So far very impressed with it

The dealer I bought mine from said the same thing.It took him over a year to get.I do not mind waiting for a good product,I hope this was a good choice by me.I guess if you are in a hurry not the best way to go.That is why you do not see alot of Olympic Arms 1911 around I think it is the wait time.But they claim to be a custom built hand fitted gun maybe they take a some pride in the quality of the finished product.I have seen some out there that do not.

So far only two votes for a Singer.

MA Duce - I too cared for a single one while in the service. Did not know the value of that gun then and sure wish I could have kept it.

Wilson Combat CQB Compact in all black armor-tuff with the round-butt feature, carry cuts, slide top serrations, and starburst G10 grips. And since I did well on taxes have it on order already! Only 8 more weeks :s0054:

You and I think alot alike except I did not do so well on taxes... boo hoo. Have fun my bro great choice, of course would have been mine as well!

Something like this?
5480290523_a5b8d0bbb5.jpg

Lucky You! and in 10mm did you get from Dury's?

I'd probably get one of these. Paul Liebenberg's Combat Specials.
Very classy.
<broken link removed>

As it is, I have an older Colt Government that I just love, but it sits in the safe. Wonderful gun. Very accurate and is in very nice shape for being 60 years old. But I hardly ever shoot it. I just take it out once in a while, look it over and just smile.
I have a Dan Wesson CBOB that gets carried daily and gets shot a bunch. I really like this gun.
I've owned many 1911s, but the combination of these two has me satisfied. An Ed Brown would be a nice upgrade of the CBOB, but I doubt I would like it any better.

I guess I would really like a pre-war 38 Super. I know where there is a nearly perfect one, but the $6500 price tag is way outta my grasp!:rolleyes:

+1 on Paul Liebenerg

I love my ED BROWN Special Forces 5"! I would like to get another one, only with the light rail to round it out.

Baer. TR Special, regular single sided safety, bear-coated. With the Original Wilson 267T night eyes sights on it.

Owned two Baers, handled/shot Wilson/Kimber, others. Les Baer pistols just do it for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top