JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A retro build from Heirloom Precision on a series 70 Colt:

IlufU.jpg

I like Les Baer 1911s the most, but no expenses spared, maybe an Ed Brown. I'd really like a Classic Custom, but if "someone else is paying", maybe a gun I'd never consider paying the $ for.

How about the Centennial edition?

Les Baer Presentation Grade 1911:

Minutely detailed hand-chiseled engraving, an old world art form rarely seen in today's high tech world;
Special Charcoal Bluing on all polished surfaces, which have all been hand prepared with ultra-fine 1200-grit material;
For contrast, a rich Nitre Blue is used on the pins, thumb safety, slide stop, grip screws, mag catch lock and hammer;
The deep Charcoal Bluing is complemented by real ivory grips;
The handsome "LBC" engraving on the top of the slide is inlaid with gold;
At your option, your name or the name of the recipient can be engraved on the slide with the legend: "To (Name) by Les Baer";
Each pistol comes with a special presentation box.
View attachment 189024

That is almost too beautiful to shoot, almost!

Agreed! I can't stand people who cry about little dings and scratches they get from actually using the gun. I'm not saying you should drag it behind your pick up or anything but buy something like that 1911 and just staring at it seems odd to me.

I shoot and carry my ED BROWN regularly, love that 1911! It is no presentation grade but it shoot beautifully and has the wear to prove it, I am still trying trying to avoid the dings though... I doubt that I would ever pop for an engraved gun, just not my style.

I go through love and hate stages with 1911's. My only current 1911 is one I've always wanted, a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special. I've owned other dream one's, and being dumb, gotten rid of them. At one time had a Springfield TRP (stainless), Kimber Pro Carry (series I), Kimber Warrior, Springfield Milspec, Colt Delta Elite (new series), Les Baer Concept VII (traded it for the Les Baer TRS), Springfield Subcompact (not the GI), and I think I may be forgetting one more.

That's a hard decision. The first that comes to mind that really gets me pitching a tent, is the Nighthawk 10mm Longslide in camo finish. Other toss up's for that would be a Devel Gammon, a custom gun done by Vicker's or Novak, or the Talo "Day of the Dead" 1911 ('cause I'm a goof ball like that).

20auo9v.jpg

zoj5ms.jpg

312iirs.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads