JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it is time, I am ready to leave Oregon and its garbage behind. Coeur D'alene was my favorite. Easy American living, with big city access in Spokane. I can't wait to leave this dump.
Better rethink CDA. It's a bright purple on its way to a deep blue... Take a look at their city council. That's the direction that policy will go...
Same thing happened to Sandpoint.

Last Edited:
I spent the last two weeks in the free states of Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. Instead of my normal compact concealed carry piece, I opted for my P229 in a OWB holster, and in some places my 460 magnum in a shoulder holster, grizzly country after all.

For the most part, not a single care was given by the natives. You could definitely tell who were the locals and who were tourists, especially in Yellowstone. I really thought I would get crap from a park ranger, but nope. The Chinese tourists were the most intrigued, and the most shocked reaction was from a British couple who couldn't fathom why I had gun strapped to my waist for all to see, they actually said out loud if that was legal and if someone should call someone. I asked them if they would be more comfortable if I had a machete like the islamic extremists in their country.

I really enjoyed the time I spent in these states. No one panicking at the sight of a gun. Not having covid constantly being shoved down your throat, no masks, no living in fear. Just people going about living normals lives without a care. People actually proud of the American flag and willingly displaying it. This the America I grew up in and remember.

I think it is time, I am ready to leave Oregon and its garbage behind. Coeur D'alene was my favorite. Easy American living, with big city access in Spokane. I can't wait to leave this dump.
We are in PDX today and after being gone for 3-1/2 years we are horrified by what we are seeing. Our lovely custom built home backing up to the Powell Butte nature park looks like a $£¥thole. The entire neighborhood is run down, lawns look like crap and there is garbage and zombie motor homes, trailers and filth everywhere. What a shame.

Uh, Coeur d'Alene is where the hospital is full-up with Covid patients including the corridors. Non-Covid patients can't get treated because the hospital is filled up with unvaccinated people who are there for threatment. The area has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country. Think there is a connection?

This ^^

In places like Seattle, they are finding out that the more solution they apply to the chronic homeless problem, the bigger the problem gets. Current "solutions" have the magnet effect.

It's the same issue with immigration. Government policies at all levels of free stuff for all just invites more takers.
My guess is that you can go to kootenai medical for a sneeze, sniffle, or roids and they Will say you have covid. If it scares you just don't go there, everyone has a choice

I have only seen someone Open carry in Oregon once. He was carrying an OWB subcompact which I thought was odd at a Natural Grocer of all places in sweat pants.
Last time I was in Or, We were visiting the southern end around Medford and Klamath Falls. When I asked about open carry, everyone I asked said UHHH.....Well it's Legal..... and stay out of the north west county's. No one would really say if it was common or not.
It turns out an old guy pulling a 5th wheel , looks right at home with a J frame 38 in a belt holster! No one cared! Gas station, Grocery, dining room, etc... DR

Damn all that American freedom to travel and move where ever we please when we please! Noooooooo!!!

Good thing no one has to get your permission to move wherever the hell they want to. It's called freedom.
Easy there Brother! I see people ranting/beotching about newcomers, esp Calis, ruining the places we live. It's a longstanding tradition, even govs do it. And it will never stop as long as people are still free to move around. BUT I DON'T see anybody trying to restrict movement between states.

Then we get beotching about people beotching... it is like going to a bar. :rolleyes:

C'mon, I ask ya, do WE look snooty? Heck, we LIVE in Oregon for part of the year. You'd never know we didn't belong there. Every darn thing I'm wearing was bought within five miles of where this photo was taken. 'cept my watch.

View attachment 1033777

In case of confusion - that's the Tilikum Crossing.

And this is the view off the deck where we spend most time -

View attachment 1033770

Tac,

You are the spittin image of my Dad. Our ancestors here were three brothers that came over from England. Other ancestors were Irish.

I am vaccinated and healthy,
I'm very glad to hear you chose to get vaccinated. In the latest surge of Covid patients in CdA requiring hospitalization, 97% had not been vaccinated. According to Kootenai Health. We're not talking about people with the sniffles. These are people sick enough to be admitted, some on ventilators. Many probably thought they'd be okay walking around without masks.

Have lived in Boise since it WAS an awesome place to live…moved here in the 70's from Omaha during the peak of the disaster there - "desegregation". Boise has now become just another liberal bubblegumhole filled full of jackasses. I carry everyday and probably shouldn't for fear of what I'd like to do 🤣. Just kidding, I actually prefer freedom over a concrete cell. Literally 9 out of 10 humans that are here now are Californian's, we have all the LA trash. Traffic is horrendous, and don't tell me you haven't been here or there, I have and it's bad here. Doesn't help matters when we have retards for traffic engineers. Every road except Main St downtown is set up to stop you at EVERY traffic signal light. I'm moving to central Idaho in the middle of nowhere soon.
PLEASE, fix help your problems in your own state BEFORE considering moving to Idaho.
Have a great day !! 🤠
How do you propose doing that in a democratic system when your vote is outnumbered 7 to 1?

Tac,

You are the spittin image of my Dad. Our ancestors here were three brothers that came over from England. Other ancestors were Irish.
My late father was Irish, hence the Irish connection patch on my go-to shooting jacket. I'll let you have a guess about the other one.

1631955612981.png
BTW, that's me getting cosy with a pal's beautiful Krag.......

How do you propose doing that in a democratic system when your vote is outnumbered 7 to 1?
Get those who should know better to vote and vote well. The problem is not being outnumbered even though many gun owners want to tell themselves that. The real problem is a HUGE swath of those who should know better either will not bother to vote, or they throw their vote away. Making excuses about how the "better candidate" is not good enough to get their vote. So they are helping the worst one win, then complain about getting what they voted for. If the millions of legal gun owners voted as a block they could make real change. Sadly it's like herding cats.

My late father was Irish, hence the Irish connection patch on my go-to shooting jacket. I'll let you have a guess about the other one.

View attachment 1034074
BTW, that's me getting cosy with a pal's beautiful Krag.......
I always make dumb guesses, but it looks like maple leaf to me.

One of my lineage was living/trapping in Quebec at some point. And there's a French connection but I don't know much about that.

The English brothers I mentioned went into logging in Maine. But my folk's folks eventually settled in CT and upstate NY.

On my Dad's side, the ancestor granny's Irish brogue was so intense that our family name got mispelled when she came thru Ellis Island, and I've been stuck with it. It should have been more Irish, but it looks more English. And us kids all have English traditional first names... James, Thomas, William. lol

Good thing no one has to get your permission to move wherever the hell they want to. It's called freedom.
I am all for freedom, freedom to come here and freedom to leave. Those who have lived here and built roots see the new folks more as grifters than builders. You see those that lived here for years and put the hearts into building a great place to live have roots. Those that move from state to state have no roots and could care less about the state because they will just move on after they ruin it.

They have that freedom.

I am all for freedom, freedom to come here and freedom to leave. Those who have lived here and built roots see the new folks more as grifters than builders. You see those that lived here for years and put the hearts into building a great place to live have roots. Those that move from state to state have no roots and could care less about the state because they will just move on after they ruin it.

They have that freedom.
Sounds like you're just assuming a lot about people you've never even met. Same as someone moving to a state and having assumptions about the people who live there. There is no I love freedom…but…freedom doesn't come with qualifiers just like do not infringe. If you don't like the people moving to where you live, you're free to move somewhere else. Maybe take the time to meet your new residence before judging them.

Sounds like you're just assuming a lot about people you've never even met. Same as someone moving to a state and having assumptions about the people who live there. There is no I love freedom…but…freedom doesn't come with qualifiers just like do not infringe. If you don't like the people moving to where you live, you're free to move somewhere else. Maybe take the time to meet your new residence before judging them.
Actually roots take away you freedom and creates hard work building a life and community. Men with roots built the nation, grifters use up resources and move on. It's like immigrants comming to this nation and not wanting to assimilate and be part of the culture that builds roots for a better community. Just grab all you can and move on.

This site has roots, built by the sweat of the brow and hard work. The grifters come in and use the site and pay nothing, post their opinions and insult the folks that worked to build a great community here. People come and go, its freedom.

Actually roots take away you freedom and creates hard work building a life and community. Men with roots built the nation, grifters use up resources and move on. It's like immigrants comming to this nation and not wanting to assimilate and be part of the culture that builds roots for a better community. Just grab all you can and move on.

This site has roots, built by the sweat of the brow and hard work. The grifters come in and use the site and pay nothing, post their opinions and insult the folks that worked to build a great community here. People come and go, its freedom.
Sounds like you've conveniently created a scary idea and places it on people you've never met to justify your UnAmerican views that amount to isolating your community and thinking it matters what you think when it comes to other Americans exercising their freedom. Very surprised to see this attitude on 2A forum of all places. Freedom doesn't ask for permission and you don't represent anything but yourself. This is America we exercise our freedom in all ways whether someone approves or not. Calling someone a grifter because you perceive them in a way (which clearly isn't genuine since you don't know them at all) is a weak way dealing with your own fears of your fellow Americans.

Sounds like you've conveniently created a scary idea and places it on people you've never met to justify your UnAmerican views that amount to isolating your community and thinking it matters what you think when it comes to other Americans exercising their freedom. Very surprised to see this attitude on 2A forum of all places. Freedom doesn't ask for permission and you don't represent anything but yourself. This is America we exercise our freedom in all ways whether someone approves or not. Calling someone a grifter because you perceive them in a way (which clearly isn't genuine since you don't know them at all) is a weak way dealing with your own fears of your fellow Americans.
Sounds like you just want to argue. I saw you coming a mile away.

il_fullxfull.275536812.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR