JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since a number of people are going to start having problems getting background checks approved, what other legal options do they have to acquire new guns.

Black Powder firearms?

Antique firearms purchased here or maybe in another State?

Having their homemade firearms serialized by FFL before September?

Receiving firearm from exempted family member?

Air Guns.

Moving to a free State? You could always move back to Oregon if you miss us.

Build different firearm out of previously own frame/receivers.

Any other legal suggestions.

Last Edited:
What problems? Did something change?
Yes.
Oregon has changed their interpretation and is not allowing restoration of rights from prior felons (overgeneralized and simplified statement).

The ATF doesn't care, they don't have an issue. The militant arm of the blue line that is OSP is following lock step with our lesbian governor; because of that they are blocking and denying all prior approvals for said people back to a specific date. This is from a horses mouth that dealt with it personally (I could be exaggerating some aspects of the story for sensationalism). The individuals involved went to all of the 3 letter bureaus in Salem/PDX to discuss this BS and received no resolution. It all falls on the state of Oreclamscissoringbians.

Nobody is going around to 'collect' but any new purchases are being denied as well as prior purchases. See the grey area? You're retroactively denying purchases but declining that you'll pick them up... apparently you aren't a threat enough to confiscate but you are enough of one to deny future purchases.

Oregon has changed their interpretation and is not allowing restoration of rights from prior felons (overgeneralized and simplified statement).
So someone whos taken the time and expense to properly turn their life around, still cant be a "full citizen" and exercise their federal and state constitutional right. But the state continually lets violent offender out of jail.
Hopefully the state is sued.

No idea, sounds like @thorborg has indicated it doesn't. Not sure why.

If so, shut the doors, turn off the lights and molotov cocktail the joint. Party is over.
SB941. All firearms transfers need to be done thru a regular 01 FFL, or directly thru Oregon State Police if sold at a gun show.

That's since 2015.

This new one coming up, with the license to purchase scheme/scam? Forgettaboutit.

Since a number of people are going to start having problems getting background checks approved, what other legal options do they have to acquire new guns.

Black Powder firearms?

Antique firearms purchased here or maybe in another State?

Having their homemade firearms serialized by FFL before September?

Receiving firearm from exempted family member?

Air Guns.

Moving to a free State? You could always move back to Oregon if you miss us.

Build different firearm out of previously own frame/receivers.

Any other legal suggestions.
Flamethrower!

Wait until the queue is long enough to last more than 3 days then use an FFL who does 3 day no response releases?

I "built" an 80% G19 once, works but the trigger pin walks out… I think I found a cure but I digress. I have never built an AR style lower but the 80% is the way I'd go. Yeah, you're limited in options but it will still punch holes in your target.

It's funny, so you order your 80%, it comes to your front door. Then you hop your happy behind on eBay and get a Glock OEM or aftermarket slide, barrel, and all the needed parts, and have it delivered to your front door. If you go the AR route, you buy the upper and all the needed parts to your AR 80% and that's it….. a nice PSA, AERO, or PA box shows up at your house, not delivered by AFT.

I'm not a felon but I got my hand slapped and index fingers were moved side to side on me lol…. So I am not sure if I would get delayed via background check, and I don't need the county to get a whiff of anything. I am not telling you to do illegal stuff, but you decide how far you're willing to go and go from there. Nothing wrong with gifting money to someone you trust and have them buy a gun legally for themself cough cough lol.

It's only straw purchase if they buy for you, knowing you can't legally buy or own for yourself. if the trusted person buys the firearm for themself (legally) and you should so happen to go to the "range" with them and test the gun, totally legal as long as you're not a criminal cough cough. Remember, the same government that restricts us the little people has no problem giving away billions to other terrorists and bad guys to kill innocent people on the other side of the world, but I digress.

Follow all of your local laws and federal laws. Don't get a wake up call from the degenerate alphabet boys at 2am lol.

Wait until the queue is long enough to last more than 3 days then use an FFL who does 3 day no response releases?
While technically this may be legal, we have seen an uptick of visits by local P.D. wanting to see paperwork for denials. I asked one of the officers how they got roped in to doing the Feds work for them and he didn't know. He said he was just following orders.

It appears those who are denied don't get prosecuted often. I have only seen one subpoena come through related to a denial case.

I have a compete lower and maybe its time for me to get the rest of the uppers to finish it.
1715338361195.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR