Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

I did not see this in main stream media

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by boogerhook, Nov 16, 2015.

1. boogerhook

boogerhook Seattle Well-Known Member

2. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

That's alot for a 13yo to handle, taking a life. I'm happy he is around to handle it though.

3. Sstrand

Sstrand La Grande OR Well-Known Member

Hmmmm . . . Another of the emperor's sons!?!?!?
    And he be such a good boy. He be only trying to get a little money because he needed bus fare to the YMCA where he be going to volunteer to help disadvantaged kids! Now he be dead all because the law allows a gun in someone's house.

Sheldon

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  4. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Online homeschooled and shy so he already has some kind of issues, small or large, so I can only sympathize with the young man and the added weight of killing someone.

Agree with the above, better some therapy bills then funeral costs for the boy.

One BIG question I have is, what kind and caliber of gun did the kid get ahold of - cuz for never having been trained, scared and out numbered he managed to shoot one guy 3 times dead as well as landing hits on the car as it drove away...

I need to get one of them for a CC if they shoot that well!!!

13 is a young age to become a Man. Hope he can salvage a little more of his childhood.

sixfoot674, Slobray, Brutus57 and 4 others like this.
  5. EUGENE the REALTOR

EUGENE the REALTOR Portland Metro Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

No attempted murder charge?

6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Probably Nintendo taught him the basics because apparently his Mom didn't.

308, Joe13 and Caveman Jim like this.
  7. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That's a terrible story with a good ending for the family. I feel bad for the kid, but dang, the presence of mind he had to fight off two attackers is amazing. Hopefully it serves as a reminder though that training kids on guns is an important thing to consider.

As for the two piles of excrement, I'm just sad that only one got capped. Looking at their records, I'm forced, once again, to ask this question: what the hell were they doing on the streets? What the hell is wrong with this country? How can anyone justify people like this being loose on the streets? The answer is that there is no justification.

I wonder how long it will be before bad boy's mama comes out with a lawsuit against the kid for forever melting her special snowflake.

8. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Outstanding job kid! Sad that the poor guy had to kill, still, much better than the alternative!
    No one wants to be in a situation like this, but better a grumpy, armed, semi-hostile old guy/gal than a child!;)

Slobray, Camarobear, Joe13 and 2 others like this.
  9. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Great for the kid and I too am curious where he learned to shoot if he was never taught outside of TV/movies/games. I would not be surprised if there was some sort of civil suit against them by a scumbag, ambulance-chasing lawyer.
    Hope he can turn it into a positive and he keeps shooting. Sounds like he is a natural.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. druiseeker

druiseeker Salem Member 2015 Volunteer

In this and another article on the website, he grabbed her Glock 17 which he had never been taught how to shoot. If true, a lack of training didn't stop him from defending his home. Props.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  11. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Yep, I too believe the kid had logged many hours on an XBox to get the skills necessary to put down the bad guy!!! Kudos to the kid!!!!;)

Camarobear and Brutus57 like this.
  12. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Why would there be?

An adult shooting at the car would be a different story probably, but a 13 year old kid alone at home and two robbers trying to break in; seems reasonable to me that he should keep shooting at them until they are gone or he is out of boolits, I am sure he was still afraid for his life and at 13 wouldn't know when the situation was over with.

That's just me though.

Flopsweat and Sgt Nambu like this.
  13. EUGENE the REALTOR

Lol, I didn't mean for the kid.

Sgt Nambu, decklin and Joe13 like this.
  14. Joe13

Hahaha nice!

I totally read that wrong:oops:

boogerhook likes this.
  15. EUGENE the REALTOR

Well, now that I think of it, wouldn't surprise me if he was charged. I've heard of more ridiculous things with break-ins...

16. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Kid scored a triple-tap...

Is it sad that a man lost his life to gun violence?....... Not a bit.

Is it sad a 13yr old has to deal with the emotional trauma of killing a man? Yes, but better that than possibly being tortured and murdered himself.

Still, there are those who will still blame the gun. :rolleyes:

17. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

Why does a shy homeschooler automatically have "issues"?

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  18. Bookmark Man

Bookmark Man Grants Pass, Oregon Member

He might feel bad like if he killed a rattlesnake in the back yard so no one would get bit. The sad part is only one bad guy died.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  19. Joe13

Your right, I should have said "may have" issues.

Issues can be mental, environmental, family's business or finances etc.

I raised my daughter at home so I had not meant "issues" to be derogatory in any way.

decklin likes this.
  20. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I say the kid has nerves of steel compared to the marksmanship cops have shown in the past.

decklin and Joe13 like this.