JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Ever use Microsoft Teams? Its like Zoom and it gives you fake backgrounds so no one can see how messy your house is. If you slowly back away from the camera, you become part of the virtual background. If you choose the jungle theme, you look like the Predator using its cloaking device.
No, but that sounds hilarious. We use the google group video for work. 227F2A3D-8E85-4256-A104-10D7ECB49E2E.jpeg
How I see myself during work chats.

Ever use Microsoft Teams? Its like Zoom and it gives you fake backgrounds so no one can see how messy your house is. If you slowly back away from the camera, you become part of the virtual background. If you choose the jungle theme, you look like the Predator using its cloaking device.
It's not perfect though. I've seen bits of people's mess show through. Also it gets pretty comical when a second person enters the frame.

Zoom has this feature now too.

Ok, say you own a Gun shop and a couple of fatties in flipflops show up, it's obvious they are antifa operators, one you could swear you saw on the T.V. lobbing bottles of piss at the cops, any ways, they want to buy guns, and it's very obvious they know little to nothing about anything as serious as owning a gun! What do you do?

You full well know what they intend, escalating the violence in their "Protests" and will end up using those guns against,.......
A Portland Cop mayhaps, or a N.D. and some innocent kid 3 blocks away doing his homework at the dinner table catches a lead pop fly in the head! What's worse, now all the antifa buddies know your business is friendly to their cause, so a whole division of them decide to buy from you, and you are now the guy/gal/Arsehole who armed the Potland chapter of antifa bit hey, you made a profit, so who cares, Right! It's their rights after all, and we cannot deny anyone the right to purchase anything, Right?
As a store owner, you only have certain protections, and if you do nothing to stop what you know with out doubt will end up happening, how do you square up with that?
This isn't a cut and dry situation here, were dealing with peoples rights, and while we do have some ability to deny a purchase and LEO will usually side with us, but some arsehole antifa operator will sue because you denied him his right to self protection, even though you knew full well what his intentions were, and you likely saved a life, if not several, so, can you square with that?
Most business used to fly a "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" sign on their doors, can you fly a "No Antifa/BLM sales" and make it stick?

Ok, say you own a Gun shop and a couple of fatties in flipflops show up, it's obvious they are antifa operators, one you could swear you saw on the T.V. lobbing bottles of piss at the cops, any ways, they want to buy guns, and it's very obvious they know little to nothing about anything as serious as owning a gun! What do you do?

You full well know what they intend, escalating the violence in their "Protests" and will end up using those guns against,.......
A Portland Cop mayhaps, or a N.D. and some innocent kid 3 blocks away doing his homework at the dinner table catches a lead pop fly in the head! What's worse, now all the antifa buddies know your business is friendly to their cause, so a whole division of them decide to buy from you, and you are now the guy/gal/Arsehole who armed the Potland chapter of antifa bit hey, you made a profit, so who cares, Right! It's their rights after all, and we cannot deny anyone the right to purchase anything, Right?
As a store owner, you only have certain protections, and if you do nothing to stop what you know with out doubt will end up happening, how do you square up with that?
This isn't a cut and dry situation here, were dealing with peoples rights, and while we do have some ability to deny a purchase and LEO will usually side with us, but some arsehole antifa operator will sue because you denied him his right to self protection, even though you knew full well what his intentions were, and you likely saved a life, if not several, so, can you square with that?
Most business used to fly a "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service" sign on their doors, can you fly a "No Antifa/BLM sales" and make it stick?
This is some hot Antifa fan fiction.

That was my question too after reading your essay.
Ok, you as a FFL know with out doubt that the person standing at your gun counter is a antifa/BLM operator and wants to purchase a firearm, do you sell it to them ( assuming they can pass a BGC) or, do you deny their purchase? We're talking more then someone's constitutnal rights here, we are talking about YOUR morals and Your Rights, were talking about that slug walking out your front door with a brand new shiny and pocket full of boolits and intending to show up @ tonight's riot to flex in case Kyle shows up, how do you square with that? Yea, it's everyone's rights, good or bad, do you enable a possible ( likely) escalation of violence in the name of Your Rights as a business owner?

Ok, you as a FFL know with out doubt that the person standing at your gun counter is a antifa/BLM operator and wants to purchase a firearm, do you sell it to them ( assuming they can pass a BGC) or, do you deny their purchase? We're talking more then someone's constitutnal rights here, we are talking about YOUR morals and Your Rights, were talking about that slug walking out your front door with a brand new shiny and pocket full of boolits and intending to show up @ tonight's riot to flex in case Kyle shows up, how do you square with that? Yea, it's everyone's rights, good or bad, do you enable a possible ( likely) escalation of violence in the name of Your Rights as a business owner?
I'll sell to anyone, legally.

I'll sell to anyone, legally.
Cool, I fully support your right as a business owner!
My question is the Moral thing, not so easy to answer is it! Can you square with knowing you may have just sold a firearm to be used by a terrorist to commit murder at his mostly peaceful protest, or are you trumping your right to legally sell a firearm to someone who passed his BGC but you know will likely use it to commit a crime, even if that person believes it to be self defense!

If my attorney says I can refuse them, I refuse them. Same goes for a gang banger or any other person that I am 90% sure is up to no good.

I worked at a LGS and denied purchase all the time, any one who looked like a Banger, thug, terrorist, or smelled of elderberries got denied!
I also got challenged by a Sheriff's deputy, who after I explained why I denied a person, fully stood behind my actions and agreed I likely did the right thing!

Cool, I fully support your right as a business owner!
My question is the Moral thing, not so easy to answer is it! Can you square with knowing you may have just sold a firearm to be used by a terrorist to commit murder at his mostly peaceful protest, or are you trumping your right to legally sell a firearm to someone who passed his BGC but you know will likely use it to commit a crime, even if that person believes it to be self defense!
No morals involved. I'm Pro 2A, not Pro 2A when it's convenient for when I'm scared of political opponents arming themselves.

If my attorney says I can refuse them, I refuse them. Same goes for a gang banger or any other person that I am 90% sure is up to no good.
Unless they walk in and announce their intentions, the only way to "tell" if they are a banger or up to no good is based solely on looks. I'm not OK with being judged or anyone else being judged based on looks alone.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads