JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Imagine an influx of people who appear to be generally unaware or clueless about firearms, but insist they need to buy one soon. First assumption, new to guns and needing some education and suggestions to training.

But then...let's say something on their clothes or their demeanor tips you off that they might be a riotous lot. Pantifa, BLM, etc.

Would you still sell them a gun, or would you take a principled stand to say, "nope, you're the reason others are feeling unsafe..."?

Ngo's post is both humorous and inevitable. They've got to shop somewhere, so I wonder if anyone will pay mind to who is coming into their stores.

The Bill of Rights applies to all US Citizens ....not some , not only if you think , vote or belong to this group , but not that group..etc...

Which is ironic as some folks , want , vote for , and push for a system which does away with our BIl of Rights...
The irony is , they are allowed to do so...but the system that many want...does not allow for Rights or Freedoms.
Andy

If I owned a gun store, it's there to make me money, right? And rights are rights despite personal feelings towards certain people/ideas, right? That means a non prohibited possessor can and likely will purchase a gun and ammo from someone so it might as well be from me. So in short, if they can pass the 4473 and I don't think they're straw purchasing, yes, I would do business with them

They're definitely going to get guns, because it IS their right to do so. But, there's that old adage the goes something like 'play stupid games, win stupid prizes'. This won't end well for anyone though. It's too bad people are at eachothers throats enough to not notice that the people who hold the real power are taking sizable steps to erode our freedoms. As much as I disagree with these people, there is still room enough to find agreement.

The dark side of the 2A. You've got to wonder if the Founding Fathers had arming anarchists in mind.

The 2A does not compel a merchant to sell to come one, come all. As private businessmen, they may choose their customers.

Gunshop owner has no say in who can buy a gun, the state says they can or can not after a BC. He can close his doors though.

I am curious how the professional rioting class can afford guns and ammo at today's prices. Rioting must pay well.

Last Edited:
The dark side of the 2A. You've got to wonder if the Founding Fathers had arming anarchists in mind.

The 2A does not compel a merchant to sell to come one, come all. As private businessmen, they may choose their customers.
Its not really the dark side of the 2A... its the dark side of humanity. Some people are good, some are bad. The 2A was created for all. If we crafted laws based on what bad people might do, we would end up in a draconian system. Thank God for the 2A and the recent verdict. It affirms peoples right to enforce their right to self defense. People who go out and start shooting people will go to prison, as they should. And if Andy's interpretation is correct it sounds like that is where many of these people may be heading.

Imagine an influx of people who appear to be generally unaware or clueless about firearms, but insist they need to buy one soon. First assumption, new to guns and needing some education and suggestions to training.

But then...let's say something on their clothes or their demeanor tips you off that they might be a riotous lot. Pantifa, BLM, etc.

Would you still sell them a gun, or would you take a principled stand to say, "nope, you're the reason others are feeling unsafe..."?

Ngo's post is both humorous and inevitable. They've got to shop somewhere, so I wonder if anyone will pay mind to who is coming into their stores.
Going to be a lot of holes in ceilings of their parent's basements.

If someone markets a bullet hole repair kit in Antifa-stan, gonna make a killing!
:s0140:

I just wanna see the look on their faces when they find out it isn't as easy as buying a book like they were told and then wind up waiting days for their nics check.

I just wanna see the look on their faces when they find out it isn't as easy as buying a book like they were told and then wind up waiting days for their nics check.
Yup about 5,000 in line and months to wait so they will either have to steal guns or buy them from friends.

Methinks you'll have a discrimination suit up your arse before you know it.

The framers of the Constitution were well aware of the numerous loyalists at the time.

Rioting must pay well.
Oregon Trail cards sure help....

If I owned a gun store, it's there to make me money, right? And rights are rights despite personal feelings towards certain people/ideas, right? That means a non prohibited possessor can and likely will purchase a gun and ammo from someone so it might as well be from me. So in short, if they can pass the 4473 and I don't think they're straw purchasing, yes, I would do business with them
And I think that's probably how most gun shops would be. The first sentence sums it up. The second - as a store owner you have latitude to deny business if you choose. The right to own a gun does not supersede a store's right to sell or not sell, and that's easily written off as, "they smelled of weed and I don't want liability if they misuse this."

So my hypothetical isn't conflating the right to own with a sole proprietor's decision to sell or not. With most of them if Multnomah had a strong DA would be moot due to felonies anyway.

It shall be interesting.

If I own a gun shop...
If I have reason to believe that the customer will harm themselves or others I am not selling them a gun.
If they are drunk or high, I am not selling them a gun.
If they indicate that the gun is not for them but for someone else that might be prohibited, I am not selling them a gun.
If you listen close most bad people will tell you their bad intentions.

Let's see. They must have an ID. Check. They must fill out a 4473. Check. You must input their information into an instant background check system to ensure they are legal to own a gun. Check.

After this, the constitution and discrimination laws likely step in and I don't think I could do anything legally really.

Local shops recently lost a lawsuit for age discrimination because they felt it upon themselves to NOT sell someone a gun when they were legally able to.

As long as they seem to be legal residents, recipients, pass the BGC..etc also no violent/insane talk or smelling like weed.. bascally any of the obvious legal disqualifiers.. I dont see why I would pass on selling them a firearm like I would others.
Any citizen engaging in their 2A rights is awesome. We all start somewhere. What an end user does with their new purchase is strictly on them. Same goes for a truck rental, fertilizer or pressure cooker purchase.. things can aways be misused.

Some people dress funny, however as I get older I find there is no reason to harshly judge.. Ive met "thugged out" folks, tatted up piercings everywhere, goth and "rainbow glitter" type folks.. often times had I judged them strictly by how they looked, I would have been dead wrong. All walks of life and how they present themselves appearance wise can be deceiving. Sometimes they are salt of the earth types, and other times not so much. But thats humanity. I have even seen a bunch of pro 2A truck sticker, 3per types litter and leave their carts in the parking lot.. to me that is of very weak character. If they are about doing the right thing.. that can include walking a shopping cart 5 feet or throwing their trash away.

Technically they (pro 2A truck sticker types) should be my brethren.. but more often than not they are the same scum that act how most do when they think no one is looking.. we simply share the same hobby but I dont at all hold them to a higher regard than the types listed above. People have to prove themselves first, as mentioned before appearances can be very deceiving.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads