JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Unless they walk in and announce their intentions, the only way to "tell" if they are a banger or up to no good is based solely on looks. I'm not OK with being judged or anyone else being judged based on looks alone.
I agree as far as looks go. If you have a gang uniform on, that's not just looks. That is advertising your membership in a criminal organization.

Does it?
The FFL holders are often the first line of defense in identifying a potential crime/criminal attempting to purchase a firearm with neferious intentions, Straw purchases being a big one!
Of course straw purchases and other really obvious issues. But just based on how someone looks? Nope.

I agree as far as looks go. If you have a gang uniform on, that's not just looks. That is advertising your membership in a criminal organization.
I've not seen a gang member in "uniform" in any gun store I've ever stepped foot in. Maybe I don't know what their "uniforms" looks like but again...we're talking about looks here. Judging a book by its cover, potentially denying someone's right to defend themselves and their family based on their looks.

I say let the 4473 do what it's supposed to do. As long as they aren't trying a straw purchase or any other obvious illegal activity.

I've not seen a gang member in "uniform" in any gun store I've ever stepped foot in. Maybe I don't know what their "uniforms" looks like but again...we're talking about looks here. Judging a book by its cover, potentially denying someone's right to defend themselves and their family based on their looks.

I say let the 4473 do what it's supposed to do. As long as they aren't trying a straw purchase or any other obvious illegal activity.
Let me be clear then. If they are wearing Antifa/BLM gear I don't consider that judging by looks. Those are both criminal organizations who promote and organize criminal activities up to and including murder. They are known to use firearms in the commission of these murders. I would not sell to them.

...and quickies.
Let me be clear then. If they are wearing Antifa/BLM gear I don't consider that judging by looks. Those are both criminal organizations who promote and organize criminal activities up to and including murder. They are known to use firearms in the commission of these murders. I would not sell to them.
I give discounts for politically offensive and triggering attire at my shop.

You wouldn't sell to someone with a BLM shirt on? Ok, fair enough. How about a Pro-Choice shirt?A Pro-Life shirt? A Biden 2024 shirt?

My point is....as an FFL, what clothing is acceptable and what isn't? Trust me, I understand your position. What I don't want to ever see is FFLs using whatever they want to refuse selling to whomever they want. That's a dangerous precedent as I stated previously.

Why do you hate the 2A so much?
Not that you care, but a word of caution, No Charge.

Even if you DO have a good point to make and an argument to back it up, to waltz into this community and be so grossly disrespectful and blind to context and contribution as to insult the member you directed that comment to, know this:

No one is listening. Better just boot up your ALT now and start over.

You wouldn't sell to someone with a BLM shirt on? Ok, fair enough. How about a Pro-Choice shirt?A Pro-Life shirt? A Biden 2024 shirt?

My point is....as an FFL, what clothing is acceptable and what isn't? Trust me, I understand your position. What I don't want to ever see is FFLs using whatever they want to refuse selling to whomever they want. That's a dangerous precedent as I stated previously.
Those other groups don't organize violent illegal activity, so no, I wouldn't refuse to sell to them. It's not about politics.

The 2A has nothing to do with who you or I (as a private person or gun shop) sell our wares to. It's about the government controlling the people. I go into a gun shop and they won't sell to me because I have orange hair and wearing a Beavers jersey, fine. Guess I'll find another gun shop and let EVERY other Beavers fan know. This is called being part of a free market economy. The word gets out and guess what? There will a void to fill by someone else when that shop goes out of business. I think @Ura-Ki is making the point well about the complexity of this.

It's not the government's job to regulate if someone wants to be a jerk and tell people how to run their businesses. What's that saying some smart dude with awesome hair said? "I'm front the government, and I'm here to help."

And to lighten the moment...
If I choose to ONLY sell to my fellow left handers that is my right, as grabasstically STUPID a business decision as it would be. Conversely, if a shopowner decides to ONLY sell to individuals of Irish blood that should be his right just as much as it would be others' right to protest on the sidewalk outside. (And even though there is an Irish branch in the family tree I'd be right there on that line.)
Whoooo, as a right handed person of Scottish heritage I don't know if I can reply to your threads.
:cool:
:rolleyes:
:D
😂
JK!

BUT, But, but.....

Think about it......
To some people being an NRA member = being a member of a Hate Group/Criminal Enterprise. So.....who decides what lists?

Deplorable.jpg

I can imagine that my name is on her list.

So then.....
The other problem is....
Once your name is on "that kind of list".....YEAH....I guess, the fun begins.

Aloha, Mark

BUT, But, but.....

Think about it......
To some people being an NRA member = being a member of a Hate Group/Criminal Enterprise. So.....who decides what lists?

View attachment 1080264

I can imagine that my name is on her list.

So then.....
The other problem is....
Once your name is on "that kind of list".....YEAH....I guess, the fun begins.

Aloha, Mark
Only list I care about is my grocery list

Sadly, even alleged "pro gun" people in the NW have bit the hook on No Fly No Buy, with not a care in the world for how easy it is to wrongfully get onto the No Fly List and how hard to get off it even if a proven wrongful addition.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top