JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status

Hypothetical: If you own a cake shop gun shop, do you really care who you sell to?

LOL. But, that aside..... The USA is founded on equality.

So, without going into details about every possible reason why some sales should/could/maybe is justifiable or not. Well yup, some stuff will plainly cause you BIG GRIEF.

Or maybe.......
Everything just needs to be run by the lawyer who might/will/maybe be defending you someday?

Remember, the trans guy in the "woman's spa" in Los Angeles? So, what if.......some woman had gotten raped?

Like......

Story Time from HI.
I remember a time when a strange guy (according to my friend who worked at the gun counter) asked about how big a hole the bullet would make if/when, it went through a human body.

Back then, there were no mandatory BGCs or Medical screening requirements to be evaluated by the Police. So....fill out the form 4473, pay for the firearm and take it down to the PD to get it registered.

But my friend sort of knew/it was his hunch, that the guy was not playing with a full deck. But who is he to say? It's not like he has a medical degree.

Then....
Rrrrright....
The guy is free to walk around. So obviously, the Govt says he should NOT be restrained from the freedoms that all of the rest of us enjoy.

But then.....
Say that the guy was a racial minority or gay or whatever....and the sale was denied. Rrrrright.....go to court. Because you're being sued. The SJWs have an axe to grind.

BTW......the "strange guy" went on to later commit MURDER with that gun. My friend testified at the criminal trial and the gun shop went out of business.

Anyway....
Things/laws have changed since then.

But note : A lot of THEM continue to walk amongst the rest of us. With more or less Govt approval, I might add.

Yup.....and the debate is usually centered around the gun(s) causing MURDER. NOT about the person pulling the trigger.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
An LGS could actually do a lot to assist in the arrest of bad actors. They will catch a few who get denied purchase due to failed bgc. Good record keeping helps connect dots when a gun is used in a crime and recovered. If they went and got licenses or bought in OR, their fingerprints are on file.

What is happening is lines are being drawn. Riot in Portland or Seattle, fine. Try it somewhere else, and some kid might drop a couple of you. Or, try to leave the PDX safespace after ambushing a guy, and the cops (where they are allowed to do their job) might cut you in half when you bring a .380 to a 6 cops with rifles fight.

As much as I disagree with these people, there is still room enough to find agreement.
"These people" are Antifa and BLM. Both want communism. I find no room for agreement with people working to overthrow the current govt AND institute communism.

In reality, the Founding Fathers were anarchists against England and their laws.
Despite your supplied definition of anarchism, Antifa is actually an "anarcho-communist" group that wants to destroy the current system AND institute communism. NOT a free society, nor a lack of a social construct or govt.

The founding fathers were seen as revolutionaries by King George, but at least he knew what side he was on... in the USA today, we are divided, and people need to pick a side.

If the black panthers are armed at protests why not the Antifa maggots? Maybe that will result in some of them finally going to jail or ending up Rittenhoused (either one is a better place for antifa imho).
OK. But I'd really rather skip the whole thing and just have peace. Prolly not gonna happen tho.

Break

__________________________________________________________________________________

So the lil Pantifa boys call us normies "chud". Is that really a reference to "C.H.U.D." the movie? As in "Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers"??? Makes me hate them even more, but that def really applies more to Pantifa boyz living in the basement of parents and figuratively eating other humans.

Id literally sell to anyone legally. If someone wants a gun they will obtain one, might as well financially benefit me.

On a side note if you're one of those people who is seriously so afraid of your political opponents exercising their 2nd amendment right, you're not really pro 2A.

"These people" are Antifa and BLM. Both want communism. I find no room for agreement with people working to overthrow the current govt AND institute communism.

Despite your supplied definition of anarchism, Antifa is actually an "anarcho-communist" group that wants to destroy the current system AND institute communism. NOT a free society, nor a lack of a social construct or govt.

The founding fathers were seen as revolutionaries by King George, but at least he knew what side he was on... in the USA today, we are divided, and people need to pick a side.

OK. But I'd really rather skip the whole thing and just have peace. Prolly not gonna happen tho.

Break

__________________________________________________________________________________

So the lil Pantifa boys call us normies "chud". Is that really a reference to "C.H.U.D." the movie? As in "Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers"??? Makes me hate them even more, but that def really applies more to Pantifa boyz living in the basement of parents and figuratively eating other humans.
Kind of like putting ANTI in front of Fascist when they talk about their Fascist Idealso_O

Id literally sell to anyone legally. If someone wants a gun they will obtain one, might as well financially benefit me.

On a side note if you're one of those people who is seriously so afraid of your political opponents exercising their 2nd amendment right, you're not really pro 2A.
I said dude with a cape. He's not my political opponent, just someone that appears to be a little not right in the head.

Disingenuous, and bad logic. But let's just stick with the disingenuous.

No one is afraid of simple "political opponents;" people are afraid of those who have said or taken action that says "I want you dead."

The notion that self declared violent revolutionaries are merely "political opponents" is one of the oldest scams around. Some philosophies and movements are not just another political opinion, they are a rejection of politics and an embrace of violence in its place - might makes right. A movement that claims burning buildings down is legitimate politics is not peopled by "political opponents" in any meaningful sense of the term. Saying they are is either naive, foolish or a lie.

Funny, *I* called *them* that first...

That did not work out too well for a cake maker a while back it sort a shut down her business. Its called discrimination even if its in its lowest form. Shal we have separate drinking fountains as well based on what folks look like and what they think. Just asking?
You are correct about the baker, and others in similar situations. It's only discrimination if it is taken against a "protected class." For example, "I'm choosing not to sell to you because you are a (fill in the blank with a protected class)" ILLEGAL. "I'm choosing not to sell to you because you are (a Republican, a Beavers fan, a police officer, i.e. non-protected class)." FAIR GAME. The same logic (not saying it's good logic, but logic none the less) follows with hate crime laws.

Is this right, elevating only some groups of people above others for protection?

Someone earlier noted the Country was founded on equality; yes, but also freedom. Similar to the notion that not selling to an obviously intoxicated person or someone with serious mental health issues would be okay but not to a different political ideology would not be. Well drunks, unstable people and Green Party members are not protected classes but the first two seem to be common sense for not selling guns to (to some)...or should we let freedom prevail? Well now what if they have two little red and black flags tattooed on their arms or ACAB? Some might say that would fall under the drunk / unstable person where other would say they are more like the Green Party. Or are they / should they be a protected class?

The issue for many is that we have the government deciding who is in the protect class and who is not.

I appreciate the perspectives in this thread, especially if they do not align with mine. One of the many great things about this forum.

Unfortunately, a lot of people fail to recognize that part of the right of free association is a right to DIS-associate if you so choose.

If I choose to ONLY sell to my fellow left handers that is my right, as grabasstically STUPID a business decision as it would be. Conversely, if a shopowner decides to ONLY sell to individuals of Irish blood that should be his right just as much as it would be others' right to protest on the sidewalk outside. (And even though there is an Irish branch in the family tree I'd be right there on that line.)

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top