JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Show 'em your DD214 and tell 'em come back when you have one of these?...:eek::D
And maybe point out that any of those awards , medals and schools listed were not bought at a store or gun show...but earned...
Andy

I bet Andy and Stomper could wall paper the inside of there houses with all their copies of orders and Training.

I didn't do anything but stand around with my hands in my pockets. And managed this. ;)

Last Edited:
With an MK18 clone you don't need to be in shape, or need a MOS

They are so Tier-1 you can just sit on the porch (when it's nice out) and take care of business.

You all should know this...

View attachment 428293
Hey, be nice, I'm out-of-shape, even in my prime could never manage ONE chin-up, and have a Mk 18 under construction and an SPR (and for Bonus Mall Ninja the rarest of the rare, a GL/SSC--local LEO and Magpul photog Stickman owns one of only two dozen of the DD version to hit the civilian market) being penciled out... but in the end, the gear only helps, it ultimately comes down to the hands it's in and the brain behind them.

Then again, while I favor gear by 5.11 and hold a legit DOD Level 1 Antiterror Certification (it's not hard, your average third grader could do it other than their "run and hide but don't fight back" bullSchiff) I don't go thumping my chest about how big and bad and Ubertacticool I am--I'm the first to tell you Casual Speed Moderate Drag is about the best I can ever hope to be, and my best chance in a COMWEC/WROL situation is to hope one of you guys has enough use for the various engineering/architecture/other white-collar skills I've built up to take me and mine under your aegis in return for those services and being another set of eyes-and-hands to stand the watch.

I have a DD214. A Marine COM/NAV avionics tech armed with an oscilloscope and test bench didn't see much excitement in my era. With that and $2.50 I can get a cup of coffee.
The 10% discount at ACE Hardware is about the biggest bennie ( I suppose knowing what I can endure has helped too ;))

Time and Chance as Ecclesiastes says.

I have a DD214. A Marine COM/NAV avionics tech armed with an oscilloscope and test bench didn't see much excitement in my era. With that and $2.50 I can get a cup of coffee.
The 10% discount at ACE Hardware is about the biggest bennie ( I suppose knowing what I can endure has helped too ;))

Time and Chance as Ecclesiastes says.
Need to start shoppin' smarter, amigo... I used to know of quite a few gun-parts sites that gave veteran discounts. :)

DD214...... In the acronym heavy Nav, that was the sweetest one to hear.

Today it sits in my file cabinet collecting dust as the almighty diploma reigns supreme.

Ah, the pieces of paper that rule our lives.

I like asking people about offsets, people who shoot and do it often/well know about offsets depending on their zero and distance of target from their rifle, people who don't know about offsets for their own rifle are the ones I scratch my head at.

I have skills that most mall ninjas can only dream about. For example... I'm well trained and proficient with the P38. In fact... if the call ever arises I can also operate it's big brother... the P51 with both skill and precision.

Oh and btw, the one person in my division who wanted to be a gunner's mate for the .50 BMGs couldn't qualify with a M9. :D

Talked big about handling handguns and shotguns too.

Yeah, it's funny how that happens, those are the ones who end up in the latrine late at night going psycho... I've seen it while on fire watch in our splinter village barracks (Ft. Knox). Not a good feeling.

Yeah, it's funny how that happens, those are the ones who end up in the latrine late at night going psycho... I've seen it while on fire watch in our splinter village barracks (Ft. Knox). Not a good feeling.

1A2D1C0D-DC52-43B4-AD32-2304F6837E12.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads