JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been there tried that, the problem with that argument is in order to present it you have to admit a disadvantage of your own position which is then exploited by the opposition to no end. The idea of some sort of acceptable level of negligence and deaths is not a good foundation to stand on and you will not win that particular debate.
Oh man this is true and I am seeing an excellent example of it on another gun forum where there is a member (X LEO) who believes mag capacity should be regulated and it has resulted in a fairly long, drawn out thread (yet staying respectful).

His arguments for it however are relatively weak and very LE, 'procedurally' based with very little that makes sense in the 'real world'.

Been there tried that, the problem with that argument is in order to present it you have to admit a disadvantage of your own position which is then exploited by the opposition to no end. The idea of some sort of acceptable level of negligence and deaths is not a good foundation to stand on and you will not win that particular debate.
You won't win if you aren't prepared.

Life is a series of decisions about tradeoffs. We can't hide from the downsides and only claim the upsides, we have to be able to defend the whole thing.

Maybe he was an urber driver or whatever?
I had to look this one up, I'm not on the cutting edge of electronic gadgets. Big yes, there are two way dash cameras commonly available. Uber driver or no, it looks like he had one. Beyond the utility of the device for a gig driver, there may be other value in it, like in the event of carjacking?

I had to look this one up, I'm not on the cutting edge of electronic gadgets. Big yes, there are two way dash cameras commonly available. Uber driver or no, it looks like he had one. Beyond the utility of the device for a gig driver, there may be other value in it, like in the event of carjacking?
Yeah, that would be helpful. Anymore, it seems like people like creating "content".

You won't win if you aren't prepared.

Life is a series of decisions about tradeoffs. We can't hide from the downsides and only claim the upsides, we have to be able to defend the whole thing.
I'm not hiding from the downsides. I'm just well aware that in a debate your not likely to win if you admit the downsides. Now we enter the philosophical side of the gun rights debate. Nobody wins or loses a philosophical debate, which is what gun rights is, a philosophy. And thats why it will always be controversial.
I'm just curious though, how do you prepare for arguing against allowing guys like the one in the article to get guns? Assuming he has no criminal record preventing him from guns. Thats the crux of this subject.

Yeah, that would be helpful. Anymore, it seems like people like creating "content".
Mrs. Merkt has been bugging me for years to get a back-up camera for her car. Haven't done it yet. They've gotten pretty cheap, as consumer electronics have a way of doing. I may do it yet.

I've watched some of those car crash videos on Youtube, seems like a lot of them were filmed in Russia. Which makes me think that cash cameras are very popular there, for some reason. Maybe they need strong proof of fault in case of collision there. Do many people here have a dash cam?

Compared to who?

I seriously want to argue with you here, but this country did vote for biden, so maybe you have a point. But still would like to know your justification for that statement.
I'm not comparing us to anybody, but in general, Americans have some serious mental health issues.

Every time I see this kind of thing I figure that 99% of the time its someone who has LONG had "control issues" and just finally hits the big time because they kept getting away with it. VERY few are just normal everyday people who suddenly do something this colossally stupid. Stupidity should be painful but sadly its often not until its too late for them to learn.
It's the warning labels.

See, most people who are this stupid ended up killing themselves long before this point. Then we invented warning labels and started putting them on EVERYTHING! Consequently, natural selection does not take its standard course and the stupid people live long enough to breed and make more stupid people...and the herd becomes slower and slower. Sigh.

Apparently, you already know....
Other than your post that comes off as aggressive, maybe it's not, it's very difficult to ascertain a person's inflection and purpose through a keyboard, I really have no idea.

My justification is knowing the hardship that we, American's, are currently going through. Call me silly, but the person that this story is about, likely did not have a healthy mental health. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I'm pretty sure a mentally happy individual doesn't throw water bottles at moving vehicles or shoot at someone else because of their happiness, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Last Edited:
So, the person in the video is representative of all Americans? We are all written off as mentally ill because of one bozo on a highway?

Tell me, seeing as you're the only sane American in the world, if we're all mentally ill, why should any of us be allowed own fire arms?

Other than your post that comes off as aggressive, maybe it's not, it's very difficult to ascertain a person's inflection and purpose through a keyboard, I really have no idea.

My justification is knowing the hardship that we, American's, are currently going through. Call me silly, but the person that this story is about, likely did not have a healthy mental health. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I'm pretty sure a mentally happy individual doesn't throw water bottles at moving vehicles or shoot at someone else because of their happiness, maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Not a medical professional and all but, it seems to me its we have a LOT of adults acting like children who have never been told no. Anyone who has raised kids has probably seen the kids from family's who follows some version of that idiot who told them never say no. The kids throw temper tantrums. Well I guess grow up doing this and it follows you into adulthood. Sooner or later many of these people finally throw a tempter tantrum that is really painful for them. They never learned self control because they never had to? I have LONG said the people voting for some of the people in power certainly have a mental disorder. The old line doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result comes to mind often :s0092:

Last Edited:
So, the person in the video is representative of all Americans? We are all written off as mentally ill because of one bozo on a highway?

Tell me, seeing as you're the only sane American in the world, if we're all mentally ill, why should any of us be allowed own fire arms?
So it seems that your post was meant to be aggressive. Good day.

Just one more, formerly FREE, American, slipping a cog? Before rona these instances seemed much less. In the last two years they seem to be happening more and more. Or "The Media" is just reporting on them now?
Good question. This great plague hoax has caused a LOT of stress. Stress can sometimes tip someone over into near insanity. Look at the mass physios they have managed to create with this. People willing to attack people over simple things like a mask. Scary.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top