JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The new American way…..

No consequences for your actions.
I don't know, but in this case no-one got shot, went to jail or the hospital. Everyone got to go home seems like a win across the board to me. Now to be clear, I'm saying only in this case. Generally I'm not a fan of the catch and release system.

I don't know, but in this case no-one got shot, went to jail or the hospital. Everyone got to go home seems like a win across the board to me. Now to be clear, I'm saying only in this case. Generally I'm not a fan of the catch and release system.
I disagree. But I'll leave it at that. Rash decisions/actions need to have consequences.

If you're stopped in traffic and a dude is getting off his bike, helmet still on, aggressively coming toward your window/door, it's an absolute crapshoot to determine his intent. Is he just coming to exchange words or is he coming to try to beat the crap out of you?

Were it me, I'm rolling up my window, locking my doors, and looking for an exit...over his bike if it's an option and the situation warrants. But then I wait to see what he does next. Does he just yell at me or is he beating on the window trying to get in?

But that's me. And it's a very aggressive move to get off your bike and approach another vehicle in the middle of traffic. If I was on a jury for the driver with the gun, I don't think I could convict him for brandishing or whatever he would have been charged with. If someone is coming at you aggressively like that, just how much time/opportunity are you supposed to give him? Because by the time you figure out what his real intent is/was, it may be too late.

People do really stupid things when they get behind the wheel of a car or bike. I've stopped honking at most people unless it's a situation where they are changing lanes into me and don't see me and I need to honk to get them to pull their head out of their bubblegum. But the rest of the time it just isn't worth it. People have such short fuses these days.

It seems like there sure is a lot of definitive conclusions from folks being made from a blip of a video clip with no sound until the end.

Based on what's seen/heard... I don't care to speculate. For all we know it had been an ongoing issue that simply culminated at that stop. Maybe the soccer dad was exhibiting poor judgement or... for all we know... the biker had earlier tried running him off the road... putting his family in imminent danger... and/or... depending on what was verbally being exchanged... the biker could just as well have been making known his intention to get his gun off his bike and kill them all... before he even approaching his saddlebag.

If that was the case... with a verbalized threat to kill and spoken intent to get his gun... the soccer dad would have been justified pulling his own as soon as the biker made a single turn toward his bike to get his firearm.

We simply have no idea and appearances "can" be deceiving. We can sit around all day though making up our own stories to fit our own biases. Be it, "people today are too fast on the draw over nothing"... or... "giving everyone a gun makes a more polite society". 🤣

if he shot the guy not sure how much that would make him feel better after being shot.
I've known too many people who subconsciously act out the credo, "if you can't be right, use might."
To the man (and woman), they all craved power.
Didn't watch, so have no opinion on the incident.
Though, the biker was Stoopid.
I ride a lot, sometimes aggressively, though never split lanes. Most people just don't see you. The rare one gets attitudinal. if they threaten me with their vehicle, I just GTF as far away and as fast as I can.
The last thing I would ever do is exchange words with a porcupine whose quills are up.

I would too.

I wouldn't have pointed it until I was sure the motorcyclist was a threat though.
I have MANY times had a gun in hand when some other driver was acting erratic but, the gun was NOT seen. I sure as hell would not be waving it out the window at someone. I missed that part first watch of this. After I saw that it told me the guy most likely should not own a gun.

Blue explorer produced a weapon way before any threat was perceived…… at in least that's what the video shows. And that's all we have to go off of.
It seems however in similar situations I have read about/seen vids everyone jumps to conclusions, 'assumes' someone is pulling a weapon, and without it being seen, or even experiencing a threat, the person pulls his weapon first.

However it seems when reading threads about situations like this their is a definite 'slant' towards agreeing with guns being pulled before a threat is seen or experienced, yet the justification seems to be , 'Well he might have been pulling a gun', or 'He might have had intentions on (this or that) - but nothing ever having happened.

Heck, the biker might have been going for his wallet knowing the LEOs were there and might ask for his info. I used to carry my wallet in my saddlebag when I rode.

I agree the biker was stupid. Cocky, arrogant thinking his chit don't stink because he's a 'biker' and soccer dad was not doubt intimidated but it's just another case of impulsive pull of CC without any 'real' justification.

I personally know of two people who have pulled their CC on what were minimal, not yet threatening situations and both lost their CC permits.

How about the guy who was interviewed about pulling on the guy in traffic (thread somewhere on this forum about it) and the other guy apparently never had a gun when confronted by LEO. If I recall it turn's out later the guy who pulled on him was aggressive toward the kid he pulled on and turned out to be somewhat 'intimidating' during his encounter.

It seems however in similar situations I have read about/seen vids everyone jumps to conclusions, 'assumes' someone is pulling a weapon, and without it being seen, or even experiencing a threat, the person pulls his weapon first.

However it seems when reading threads about situations like this their is a definite 'slant' towards agreeing with guns being pulled before a threat is seen or experienced, yet the justification seems to be , 'Well he might have been pulling a gun', or 'He might have had intentions on (this or that) - but nothing ever having happened.

Heck, the biker might have been going for his wallet knowing the LEOs were there and might ask for his info. I used to carry my wallet in my saddlebag when I rode.

I agree the biker was stupid. Cocky, arrogant thinking his chit don't stink because he's a 'biker' and soccer dad was not doubt intimidated but it's just another case of impulsive pull of CC without any 'real' justification.

I personally know of two people who have pulled their CC on what were minimal, not yet threatening situations and both lost their CC permits.

How about the guy who was interviewed about pulling on the guy in traffic (thread somewhere on this forum about it) and the other guy apparently never had a gun when confronted by LEO. If I recall it turn's out later the guy who pulled on him was aggressive toward the kid he pulled on and turned out to be somewhat 'intimidating' during his encounter.
I'm not in the camp of immediately defending the individual who produced a weapon. Just like I'm not in the camp of immediately defending a cop in a garbage shoot…..

I have eyes. I have a brain (even though I am a jarhead) I have an opinion. I've been in very stressful situations and my personal experiences dictate my perception. Right or wrong.

I find it comical that in one hand everyone races to defend the shooter if they perceive it as justified and in the same breath are so quick to crucify someone they disagree with in regards to firearms and use. Just cause they don't like it.

We have to police our own. Calling it for what it is from an objective viewpoint (from what we are given - it's all we have to go off of). I may stand alone in this camp and I'm ok with that.

The gun community has a ton of turds in it. A lot of emotionally weak/timid/scared and untrained people who buy a gun and think it's some form of "be all-end all. " like it's their safety net. I think that's wrong.

More scenarios like this, pranks, angry drive through shootings, etc. make me almost want mandatory stress training. Real world, not a TV screen.

With that being said, before y'all loose your mind I would never vote or advocate for required training due to who would have control over the implementation. I have zero trust in the government.

People are on edge and their first act is to violence by using a firearm. People need to get their teeth kicked in. A lot of individuals have never been in a fight, never been screamed at, bullied, or put in high stress scenarios. We are seeing the effects of it. People are coddled and covid destroyed any form of personal relationship/conflict resolution that was left.

Now we live in a world of crazies. Left, right and center. Gun owner and non gun owners. The majority are fuel by emotion. A man who has no control over his emotions and is bound by them is more dangerous than the one who has control.

There is a lot more to owning/carrying a gun than just swiping a credit card……

Last Edited:
too bad there is no audio, until the dude pulls his gun, would like to know what words were exchanged. the guy in the car didnt have very good situational awareness ( tunnel vision),, didnt see the cop already headed his way with HIS hand on his gun.

too bad there is no audio, until the dude pulls his gun, would like to know what words were exchanged. the guy in the car didnt have very good situational awareness ( tunnel vision),, didnt see the cop already headed his way with HIS hand on his gun.
Gun was already pulled the minute the video started. Probably why the recording took place in all honesty.

See a gun and start recording…. It's the cool thing to do.

More than likely the cop saw the dude with his gun drawn/ heard the altercation way before chubby saw the cop.

This is the problem with making judgements based off of small snippets of video. We don't know what happened prior to the camera rolling, are only seeing one angle and haven't spoken to anyone involved to understand what they were feeling at the time. Maybe he shouldn't have pointed his gun in the first place but maybe he should've. Nobody on the internet knows the real answer.

This is the problem with making judgements based off of small snippets of video. We don't know what happened prior to the camera rolling, are only seeing one angle and haven't spoken to anyone involved to understand what they were feeling at the time. Maybe he shouldn't have pointed his gun in the first place but maybe he should've. Nobody on the internet knows the real answer.
Maybe but its a big maybe. He was waving the gun out the window at the guy. No matter what the guy was saying to me I would NOT wave a gun out the window. I may well have had my gun drawn, but it would NOT have been seen. Holding it out the window to wave at someone is not a good idea.

Last Edited:
Maybe but its a big maybe. He was waving the gun out the window at the guy. No matter what the guy was saying to me I would NOT wave a gun out the window. I may well have had my gun drawn, but it would NOT have been seen. Holding it out the window to wave at someone is not a good idea.
I get it and when I was a cop I arrested people for it. But would've never gotten a conviction without all of the facts. A small snippet of video only presents a small portion of reality.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews