JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Use of a baton brings new techniques with its use and the after actions required. Most of the time they are deployed in crowd control situations where you need to gain compliance quickly without using lethal force.

As with any weapon, the situation leading up to, the use of and what you do after us all needs extensive training to be effective. Many good points have brought up here, the most important I feel is that is the baton is drawn and snapped, you hope that the op for decides to bug out and not resist or they become offensive and pull a piece. Proximity and range are all going to be huge factors in that determination.

I think I will stick with my willingness to turn tail and run before fighting if that is one of the options.

How about just a gold old tire iron? For as long as I've been driving I've had the same tire iron, stuck down to my left between the driver's seat and the door. Plus, it's a Pretty common thing to have in a car.

I've carried an Asp, telescoping baton, in my truck for many years! In plain view, sticking out from the seat cushion. I've carried it in my belt, occasionally, where I had to go when not liking the look of things. Also, plain view! I think they're a very useful tool, if I don't want to draw my firearm.
What say you, any Tonya Knocker fans, out there? :cool:

I know a guy who does actually beat up trespassers and other would be criminals around his ranch and asked him about these telescoping batons--He told me they bend on his first whack and never telescope correctly again, after that & he also told me he prefers a wood baseball bat, which he can cut up and toss in the fire, where it will leave no incriminating evidence behind.

Years ago, I used to bounce, and I had one of these, for about 3 days, I needed to use it, and I pretty much bent it around some guy's head (he really wasn't interested in taking "time to go home" for an answer) Took all the fight right out of him, and the local police were nice enough to drop him by the prison wing at the hospital before his arraignment.

Yes! They don't do well on hard surfaces! Their meant for soft tissue. I have an Asp, much better built than cheaper batons.
Remember that the knuckle head that whacked Nancy Kerrigan's knee, also went through a 1/2" plate glass window with ease! I'm guessing that his baton wasn't worth much after that, but it did shatter that glass!

I thought this was/is pretty funny. Yea, how the mighty have fallen......

1. Tonya Harding Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
    <broken link removed>networth.com/richest.../tonya-harding-net-worth/

Tonya Harding net worth and salary: Tonya Harding is an American former Olympic figure skater who has a net worth of $30 thousand. Tonya Harding was born on November 12, 1970 in Portland, Oregon.
Brutus Out

I thought this was/is pretty funny. Yea, how the mighty have fallen......

Unfortunate waste of real talent. Our son played junior hockey when Tanya was still in grade school. We used to wait for the figure skaters to finish on the ice so we could start our practice. She was a beautiful and very talented girl that made some very poor choices. The last time I ever saw her was here in Washougal driving an old Ford truck.........

Unfortunate waste of real talent. Our son played junior hockey when Tanya was still in grade school. We used to wait for the figure skaters to finish on the ice so we could start our practice. She was a beautiful and very talented girl that made some very poor choices. The last time I ever saw her was here in Washougal driving an old Ford truck.........

Yeah, definitely a waste, made really poor choices. At least she has good taste in trucks.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR