JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sooner or later the prices are going to go up and things will be expensive or non existent again. Won't say what I got now but I will keep buying as I can afford it just in case. When prices do go up I can sit back and smile. :cool:
Agreed... buy as much as you can when the prices are low, so you can weather the overpriced / price gouging days better. Personally I only have a box or 2. ;)

Assume any number you want is what is needed.
You are assuming winning each gun battle, not an impossibility.:s0014:

As the victor, why not just collect from your now dead opponent (s)? :s0151:

As the victor, why not just collect from your now dead opponent (s)? :s0151:

A "win" doesn't necessarily mean that all of your attackers are dead. They may have retreated, may take their dead/wounded with them, and if they are able they will probably take guns/ammo with them. I would if I were and attacker. It isn't just defenders that know that guns/ammo are hard to get in a SHTF situation.

I shoot on my range about every week, give or take. I shoot at least 100 rounds each time. Say I miss 8 weeks a year (mostly snow), that's 44 weeks of 100 rounds minimum. So 4400 rounds per year. But that's just my handgun.

If the SHTF, I don't plan on going on any rampage. I'll be the field mouse. Quiet and sneaky is my style. A good .22LR rifle and 10 bricks of 1K will do us pretty well. If things get ugly, I'm old enough that I probably won't survive anyway, but I always keep a decent amount of .45 ammo for the handguns, so I won't go out alone.

One thing few people mention is keeping a good stock of gun cleaning supplies. All that ammo is gonna make a mess.

When I was a kid growing up out in no mans land. I spent my snow covered winters hunting down porcupine's. They were all over the pine forests that went on for miles around my home.
Dead tree tops were an all to often seen sight. Tops that died from the ringing given them from a certain large rodent.

I would walk for miles in 16'' deep snow. My young eagle eye's cast to the top of pines. Searching out that familiar shape that blended in so well with the trees own needles.
And when I got one in my sights. It was as good as dead.

I learned that a head shot would leave them dead. But in the tree. [Did I mention they are good eating]
But a shot in the side of the gut, just above a bent knee would all but eject them from the tree!
[Probably from the extreme pain! But hey. I was a ruthless little kid.] :rolleyes:

In three months I might shoot 8-12. All with a little model 67 Winchester 22 I think I was born with.:D

Anyways. My point is. I easily made a box of .22's last all winter.
Even with the occasional coyote, skunk and raccoon shooting thrown in.
Not to mention a few pheasant, quail or chuckers.

And if things ever go sideways. I can see myself picking my shots. And making them count.
The same way I did back on the farm. ;)
I claim to be a non-hunter, which is true for game... but I hate Porcupine !!!! I shoot anything that might menace livestock, ground squirrel's, nearby coyotes (I don't bother a Coyote away from cattle, they are getting rid of rabbits) Jackrabbits and most of all Porcupine. Cows are curious and a Porcupine will give them a snoot full of needles. Cow then can't eat and make milk, calf suffers. You have to catch the cow, tie her down, blanket covering eyes, sit on neck, use pliers to pull each needle. The cow will bellow and fight with each pull. Blood and snot all over. I hate that whole deal. Plus as mentioned the Porky's kill trees (though those trees do make firewood later). The other critters have their own bad attributes, but none as bad as a Porcupine.

Now after that mini-rant back on point. I have minimal amounts of "game rifle" ammunition, 30-30, 7 mm Mag, soft nose .308, maybe 200 to 300 rounds each.

Defensive rifle 3100 M855 and 5000 M193 (5.56 both) maybe 1200 7.62x51

I have a lot of 22LR, but only 2000 22 Mag
2500 380 Auto, 3000 9MM, 500 38, 500 357 Mag, 1200 357 Sig, 600 40S&W, 500 10 MM, 400 44 Mag, 100 44 Special, and 1200+ 45 ACP

So when I look at where I seem to be low on supply, I then look to how many hungry mouths to feed, and then how many are on a strict diet. I then see I shoot a lot of 380's a little, so I'm okay there. I shoot a good bit of nines, but I have a good bit on hand, I should shoot a bit more of 38 and 357 Mag, but my small horde has held me back. I will buy more of that. 40 S&W was adequate but I now have two conversion barrels for my G-29 and G-33, plus I have a new XD40 Mod 2. I am short on 40. Never enough 10MM. I only have one 44 Mag / 44 Spl that is still unfired (just no burning desire to shoot it) Could use a lot more 45

Just to check, 1 pallet of M855 weighs 3310lbs (including dunnage, and probably the pallet) and is listed as containing 48 wooden boxes, each with 2-cans of 840 rounds, for a total of 80640 rounds.

As many rounds as it takes to resolve the issue now what exactly is it that needs to be resolved? There is no right answer unless you can tell the future.

As many rounds as it takes to resolve the issue now what exactly is it that needs to be resolved? There is no right answer unless you can tell the future.
Well I'm in the mind set as a few on here,buy as much ammo as you can as long as all your other stores are in good shape
10k of ammo isn't any good ifin your food stores are down.
And if you are thinking you will take someone else's food stores,make sure they did just the opposite of you and stored all food and no ammo.
We have a large Mormon population here and they laugh when I tell them that people think they will 'just take the mormon's stores'.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top