JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since 12/15, I have purchased a Glock 23, 3 13rd magazines, a 31rd mag, and a 22rd mag. I paid $100 each for the 31rd and 22rd mags, and $50 for one of the 13rd mags. I was lucky enough to catch G23 mags hitting Midway, and got the last two at $24.99 before they were wiped out.

As I was preparing to make these buys, I asked myself, "How will I feel if I see this stuff for far less in 3 months?" The answer was, "Better than I'll feel if I skip these buys, and a capacity restriction hits Oregon or the whole country."

Even with our State and Federal cap restrictions appearing less likely (though we're not in the clear, yet!), I have no regrets.

Nobody made me spend my money. I made an informed decision, and I'm good with it.

When President Obama got elected the first time around I realized there was a potential for problems. Once the 2009 frenzy died down I bought my ARs and started buying a few P-mags at a time whenever I saw them at a good price. After living in Commifornia and being told repeatedly that "nothing will ever happen", I knew better and figured 30rd mags would be the first shot across the bow. I did the same thing with buying ammo.

Post Newtown I chose to disengage in hopes that I was sufficiently covered regardless of which way it went and instead focused on other items not in the news (ordered 2 more suppressors, added night-sights to a few handguns, set up a bunch of tactical flashlights and lasers for several of my guns, etc.). Those prices, for the most part, were still relatively stable.

It looks like we may have dodged the bullet (no pun intended) this time around with the likelihood of limited gun laws being enacted but there will always be a next time for the antis and when things reach equilibrium again I will begin in earnest to add to my collections. And if Washington continues down the path to becoming California-junior I may have to relocate again. Don't tell my wife.

I bought a better rifle than I intended to buy. Pre-panic I was looking at Colt 6520s for about 1100 bucks. After the panic set in, those were long gone so I stepped up and ended up with a better AR. But it was not overpriced, just outside the price range I was initially looking in. I'd really feel bad if I'd paid 1500 bucks for a parts gun...as I suspect some people on this board ended up doing.

What I really kick myself over was not pulling the trigger on a Noveske Thunder Ranch in late November, when I fully intended to do so and then backed out at the final minute. I got to handle one the other day...wish it had been mine.

Sold my AR-15 a few years ago, haven't looked back with regret once.

Still got my Uzi and AK-74, plan on keeping both of 'em. Haven't bought ammo or magazines for several months, not worried about it.

Getting a good laugh at all the antics of half the people on this forum. :)

I bought a lower at panic prices....came to the conclusion that the couple hundred dollar risk was worth it....I now have a complete rifle that cost about $800...Wouldn't have bought a rifle at panic prices though.

I did think about selling my bushmaster when I saw someone asking $2500 for the same thing with an extra upper but couldn't bring myself to part with it and screw someone else! For that matter the PMags I bought for $10 that I could've sold for $50 or more....just cant justify that!

I do not own guns but my friend does, sporting firearms, In 2007 he was assualted in the woods by a gun packing drunk, the same year the cartel moved into the same woods only miles from his home. For some reason he got a crazy idea in his head that 100 year old rifles were not the equalizers they were in the Boer War so he started to upgrade.
The 2009 rush caught my friend completely flat footed, recovered and did not let the Rose Tinted lenses descend upon his eyes again.
What was the question again?

Sold my AR-15 a few years ago, haven't looked back with regret once.

Still got my Uzi and AK-74, plan on keeping both of 'em. Haven't bought ammo or magazines for several months, not worried about it.
Getting a good laugh at all the antics of half the people on this forum. :)

It's good to know that there are some who have the courage to laugh in derision at the PPL who may be the ones to die in his familys defense. That goes a long way towards establishing the value of those they distain

While it may be over for the AWB and Mag ban on the federal level as the House will not pass them even if the Senate does, we still do not have a clear read on what the OR legislature might do. You know Ginny is out there pushing her agenda and Obama even sent his anti gun thugs to visit Oregon reps. At least for Oregon, the fat lady has not sang yet.
And, I have not bought anything recently as I already have what I need, but not everything I want. I will buy more once the prices return to a reasonable price.

there was no getting screwed from what i see. an item like this bought or sold legally shows it is a free market system. and capitalism is alive and well. peope could have choose to not pay high prices and the products would have never sold for what they did. but people where chasing the bubble one more time.

All I've bought have been mags. Never payed more then about $20ea shipped and that was for a couple lancers. I probably payed a buck or two more then I normally would have but I don't plan to sell any of the new ones I picked up. I'd hate it even more if I didn't have what I want and it was banned then paying a bit 10-15% more due to panic.

Those of you in the stockmarket understand dollar cost averaging. Sometimes you buy too high and it goes lower. So you buy some more if you think it will go up. Also like the gas analogy. If you need it, you buy it. When you need that weapon, you won't be thinking of the price. It's like insurance. When you have the accident you are not covered for, you won't be thinking of the premium money you saved.

I bought a PS90 right after the shooting. I had always wanted one but could not justify the $1400 price tag. Fortunately I found one at that price. I dont blame people for buying even at inflated prices but I do not like vendors who blatantly inflate prices and I will take my free market dollars to their more reasonable competition.

I ended up buying an AR during the scare. I might have over paid, but not by too much. I paid 1200 for a a bushmaster that only had 100 rounds through it. I also got 500 rounds, a case, 4 extended mags, as well as two slings. I don't feel too bad paying that much because I was willing to spend it.

What's an "extended mag". The standard ones are 30 rds.

Oh, and it ain't over yet, and not by a long shot. I wouldn't be surprised at some some sort of temporary ban by Executive order at either the Federal or State level "just until we get things straightened out for the sake of the children". Holder would back it and the Supremes would probably by a narrow split find it Constitutional. Just look at how they decided Obamacare.

You might be really happy someday that the USSC decided the Obamacare question the way they did. They said an insurance requirement imposed by Congress amounted to a tax, and that therefore, for Obamacare it was legal. Congress has the authority to tax for services provided.

What happens if they rule the same way on a prohibitive requirement for liability insurance for firearm ownership? If they are consistent they will call it a tax, and like any tax on a civil right (a poll tax, a tax on free speech, etc.), it would be illegal.

I look forward towards the end of this year when we see ARs selling at a record low.

Now if only the tool bags would stop hoarding ammo or buying it to resell, I can get back to enjoy shooting my firearms.

Forgot to say, Thanks to Brightwater Ventures for not gouging people during these times. I bought a G26 from them and a mag to go with it at pre-crazy prices.

Although, some bubblegums did take advantage of that to just flip their guns for crazy prices. I hope those people burn in a special place in hell.

The same part of hell that is reserved for people who talk during movies.

After the first scare four years ago, the same comments were made. I don't recall seeing those who bought at inflated prices dumping there AR's at bargin basement prices. I don't expect to see it now. If you were not prepared already and paid a premium, so be it. At least you have what you needed.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top