JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kimber K6S on occasion, especially when walking the dogs around the neighborhood, running to the gas station etc. Absolutely amazing firearm. Not many snubbies with 6 shots of .357 as concealable.

Kimber K6S on occasion, especially when walking the dogs around the neighborhood, running to the gas station etc. Absolutely amazing firearm. Not many snubbies with 6 shots of .357 as concealable.
I have to say, Kimber almost lost the farm on the K6 when it first came out, but it appears they did their due diligence, listened to their customers and made into something worth owning.
Good for you, Kimber. :s0155:

A SW 642, a SW 686+, and a SW 69 Combat Magnum. It depends on what I'm doing, 642 on the ankle, in the pocket, on a belt. I used to carry the 686+ in a chest right while fishing in Oregon, sometimes on a belt. Now I carry the 69 in a chest rig or on the belt when out and about.
Nobody would even look at me if I wore my 45Colt in my cowboy rig, but it would be hard to drive. :)

S&W model 29
Word.

Around the property:
29wheel-jpg.jpg

In the mobile:
629-classic-4-nwfa-jpg.jpg

(I've carried all sorts of things, ranging from the unsurprising to admittedly outright wacky. At this point, screw it, "just works and puts a 240—300-grain pellet right where I aim" is something most joyful.)

My latest acquisition came to me from another NWFA member. This 1972 S&W 3" Model 36-1 was a nostalgia purchase; it's just like the duty sidearm I was issued in March 1975 on my first day as a probie agent with the Air Force OSI. Unlike the 38 Special Ball ammo I had to use back then, I'll be loading this one with Underwood Xtreme Defense. Standard pressure, because "1972".

By coincidence, the new Bianchi Shadow in the pic arrived this morning, only a few hours after my FFL called to say they'd received a "Proceed". Timing is everything, so it's sort of like fate is saying, "Go ahead, carry it already"; however, experience is saying, "Nah, think maybe you ought to put a few rounds through it first?"

20220423_171046.jpg

My latest acquisition came to me from another NWFA member. This 1972 S&W 3" Model 36-1 was a nostalgia purchase; it's just like the duty sidearm I was issued in March 1975 on my first day as a probie agent with the Air Force OSI. Unlike the 38 Special Ball ammo I had to use back then, I'll be loading this one with Underwood Xtreme Defense. Standard pressure, because "1972".

By coincidence, the new Bianchi Shadow in the pic arrived this morning, only a few hours after my FFL called to say they'd received a "Proceed". Timing is everything, so it's sort of like fate is saying, "Go ahead, carry it already"; however, experience is saying, "Nah, think maybe you ought to put a few rounds through it first?"

View attachment 1183974
Oh go ahead and carry it, range times are far ad few between in these Chicom virus days, you know how to handle it.. While it is nice to know where Point of Impact is compared to Point of Aim with a particular gun and ammo combo, It will be 'close enough'.

Oh go ahead and carry it, range times are far ad few between in these Chicom virus days, you know how to handle it.. While it is nice to know where Point of Impact is compared to Point of Aim with a particular gun and ammo combo, It will be 'close enough'.
It could bind up on the first shot and or have super sticky chambers..

View attachment 1183974
Go ahead and carry it,

To the range.

My EDC changes daily depending on where i'm going, and what i happen to be doing. as well as the weather. When its hot as hell and I want to wear basketball shorts (with a belt underneath because concealed practicality), I opt for my taurus 856 snubby. (yes eww taurus, get over yourself), or switch it out for the EAA Windicator if I want to carry .357 mag instead of just .38spl's. But any other time I usually stay strapped with a full sized canik TP9 series. Different guns for different scenarios.
cheers!

Just picked up a S&W 442 that I'll carry in formal events. Any recommendations on appendix carry holsters? Also looking to get wood grips for it.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews