JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just picked up a S&W 442 that I'll carry in formal events. Any recommendations on appendix carry holsters? Also looking to get wood grips for it.
I like this Cardini, very comfortable for appendix carry…. Picked it up off Amazon but Cardini sells directly. Nicely lined to protect the finish of the revolver…

Those are Altamont grips on a 642 in the picture. Picked them up for $20, new off eBay…

4FA42C3F-99FD-4E9A-BFB7-CA82F9C013BC.jpeg

Threads like this that have expanded to several pages can be interesting to re-read to see what's transpired since I first posted.
What I find funny with this thread is that it took nearly a 3 year break and then took off.

I no longer have the Model 69 I had in 2019. It was swapped for a 3" Model 60-15 in 357 that's been with me most days since then. The exceptions to that rule are a 642 Airweight Ladysmith and my 1911. The Ladysmith belongs to my wife and she doesn't carry it anymore. I find it fantastic for pocket carry or in my backpack when dirtbike riding.
The 60.
20201121_183614.jpg 20210116_075731.jpg

Threads like this that have expanded to several pages can be interesting to re-read to see what's transpired since I first posted.
What I find funny with this thread is that it took nearly a 3 year break and then took off.

I no longer have the Model 69 I had in 2019. It was swapped for a 3" Model 60-15 in 357 that's been with me most days since then. The exceptions to that rule are a 642 Airweight Ladysmith and my 1911. The Ladysmith belongs to my wife and she doesn't carry it anymore. I find it fantastic for pocket carry or in my backpack when dirtbike riding.
The 60.
View attachment 1189548View attachment 1189550
Good choice @orygun !😉 - What brand and model holster do you have there?

Last Edited:
How many here carry a revolver?

Which one?

I've been considering trying a revolver in 38 for daily concealment.

Thanks!

Reno
I carry a Ruger LCP chambered in 327 Fed Mag. and really like it. It's very concealable and reasonably comfortable for a compact. The reason I went with that caliber is, I get 6 rounds instead of five. However, I discovered that the 327 Fed Mags are a very hot round and tend to over-penetrate so I load it with 32 S&W Long. Much more controllable and great penetration. 8 -10 inches into ballistic gel through four layers of denim (if I'm remembering correctly).

I carry a Ruger LCP chambered in 327 Fed Mag. and really like it. It's very concealable and reasonably comfortable for a compact. The reason I went with that caliber is, I get 6 rounds instead of five. However, I discovered that the 327 Fed Mags are a very hot round and tend to over-penetrate so I load it with 32 S&W Long. Much more controllable and great penetration. 8 -10 inches into ballistic gel through four layers of denim (if I'm remembering correctly).
I bought some Gold Dot Short barrel 100 grain 327, it is not as 'hot' as the American Eagle 100 Grain, which is smoking hot, I also have AE in 85 grain, a lot tamer. I use the same gun.

That 327 sure looks great. Wish it was a bit more popular and available.

I wonder how the .327 LCP compares to a .327 SP101?
Is it that much smaller? Lighter?
How are they to shoot, comparitively?

......this sounds like a job for YouTube...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top