JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to carry my Ruger SP101 hammerless 2.25" barrel, Hogue Grips. Heavy as hell, 25 oz. One of my friends used to say, "If you miss them with all 5 rounds, you can always beat them to death with it." I just looked it up and it has doubled in price since I bought it 10 years ago. It's in my profile picture. Now I carry a Sig 365 with Hydra-Shoks.

I used to carry my Ruger SP101 hammerless 2.25" barrel, Hogue Grips. Heavy as hell, 25 oz. One of my friends used to say, "If you miss them with all 5 rounds, you can always beat them to death with it." I just looked it up and it has doubled in price since I bought it 10 years ago. It's in my profile picture. Now I carry a Sig 365 with Hydra-Shoks.
I'm pretty impressed with some of the new sigs.

I'm pretty impressed with some of the new sigs.
Was a revolver fan forever, the 365 is solid and really light and compact. I pocket carry, in the car or truck, easy and lots of really good hard holsters out there. Would have never switched unless this one came out. 9mm is cheap now still, .38 and .357 are not so much anymore.

No idea… the one that came on the gun. Haha. Not trying to be an a$$. I seriously have no idea. I want to get wood grips eventually.
You need to get a pair of Altamont grips for that…

F70E57B3-54A5-4175-8331-A522F573C1E2.jpeg

Was a revolver fan forever, the 365 is solid and really light and compact. I pocket carry, in the car or truck, easy and lots of really good hard holsters out there. Would have never switched unless this one came out. 9mm is cheap now still, .38 and .357 are not so much anymore.
Yea. I typically carry full size guns. I'm slowly switching from glock to Sig.

A 365 is a good option, with a couple of reloads, can have 37+ rounds on board. Light, easy to carry, accurate, nothing to not like.
7F5A9CF5-19CF-40FE-9DD4-31815CAD0630.jpeg

If IP-17/18 passes and carrying over 10rds is verboten, revolvers will be a more popular option. My choice… 357x7. A bit heavy for a snubbie but 5rds just doesn't do it for me.

1777E8D9-6A60-48CB-B3CC-F42F118BB02B.jpeg

I used to carry my Ruger SP101 hammerless 2.25" barrel,Heavy as hell, 25 oz. One of my friends used to say, "If you miss them with all 5 rounds, you can always beat them to death with it."
I used to know a guy who carried a Daewoo DP51 9mm pistol.
13 shots.
When it was loaded, it was pretty heavy too.
I used to say something similar about it, that your friend said about your SP101.
"If you can't hit him with 13 shots, just throw the SOB at him. That'll show'em."

Last Edited:
I've been wanting to check out a .327 mag small frame revolver. Ballistics look pretty good and I think they come in 7 round cylinders.
I do like the S&W ultra lights. Heard there were issues with the scandium frames but must be through that as they are still making them.
My wife carries a S&W Lady Smith (38/357). She doesn't like the bark of a full 357 in the small frame / small barrel revolver. So, she likes the 38 special or 38 +P loads. She doesn't mind shooting my S&W 686 in 357. Very nice to shoot too.

Your mileage may vary. :)

Sodbuster

If IP-17/18 passes and carrying over 10rds is verboten, revolvers will be a more popular option. My choice… 357x7. A bit heavy for a snubbie but 5rds just doesn't do it for me.

View attachment 1244480
Na. I'll stick to what I normally carry. My revolver is nice for specific scenarios/events but other than that I will stick with a full size striker fired pistol and STANDARD capacity mags.

I am a fan of revolvers, the original hand made Colt Pythons are a work of art. I really want to look over a new one to rate it. And there is the "club" SP101.

DSC01415.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads