JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The LCR is 17 Ounces and the 3" SP101 is 27 Ounces, quite a bit more recoil soaking weight and I would expect a little more muzzle velocity too. My heavy SS eight shot Blackhawk 327 eats the stoutest 327 Magnums like rimfires.

I had to order in my LCR, they were just released at the time, but it seems you still have to want one bad enough to order or it's very thin pot luck.

The LCR is 17 Ounces and the 3" SP101 is 27 Ounces, quite a bit more recoil soaking weight and I would expect a little more muzzle velocity too. My heavy SS eight shot Blackhawk 327 eats the stoutest 327 Magnums like rimfires.

I had to order in my LCR, they were just released at the time, but it seems you still have to want one bad enough to order or it's very thin pot luck.
That's a pretty good difference in weight.
I didn't think it was that much.
Thanks for your input.

Go pick up a Kimber K6 and feel it out. It's a smidge smaller than a S&W 19 previously mentioned (which is also have and love). Its almost identical size wise to an SP101 (which I also have) but it holds 6 shots. kimber has taken the time to really design it well for concealed carry. No sharp edges or protruding points So it draws smoothly w/o a tendency to get hung up on loose fitting clothing. Internal hammer (double action only). It has enough weight to be pleasant to shoot .38 Spl 124 +P's. The only thing I've had to do was replace the OEM grips To something a bit longer to get my pinky finger on. I also have the S&W J-frame featherweigh. Easy to carry but i find it so light that it's a bit stout at the range to handle well.

Good visual.

I'm uncertain, I'm a narrow guy so I'm trying to see if the shape of the revolver may wrap around better.

I'm a 32" waist and only maybe 5" deep so my hips don't allow for the grips on most guns to go anywhere but out into my shirt unless I put my holster basically on my backside where I hate having it.

My thoughts are the boomerang shape of a revolver may hug my hip better than the more strainght angle of semi autos.

So far if it ain't tiny like my LCP, it sticks out anywhere on my hip from 3-5.
Take a look at Crossbreed "Super Tuck" and "Mini Tuck" holsters.
I think you might really like one of those.
Very good product from a great vendor.
👍👍
Best,
Gary

686 snubby with Crimson Trace laser grips.
36 oz unloaded. Full under lug barrel gives muzzle forward weight distribution that makes gun pleasant to shoot even with full .357mag loads. Full size target sights. I increased the width of the notch in the back sight by 50% so my old eyes can see sight picture better and faster. (I conceal filed down areas with black magic marker; looks unmodified.)

Last Edited:
Have a Ruger SP101 2", W/laser grip in .357 That I'll carry sometimes . And a walk to the store in a pocket gun is a S&W pre-model 36.

Current carry…. Not a fan but it works while I wait for my new holster to arrive. S&W 642. Holster is a Veil Solution ghost.

B71DAE91-C4C7-4310-948B-A885DB56980C.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR