JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I sat around comparing the protests today with protests in the past, like the ones people did during the Vietnam War (burning draft cards), Feminism, (burning bras), and for Civil Rights, (mostly peaceful marchers with speakers at the end of it). Doesn't look a whole lot different than those things, with a couple of exceptions.

The first is using social media, smartphones, and the like to organize looting a lot more efficiently than was done in say...the Watts race riots in Los Angeles.

The second is the organizers of some of these protests today saying: "This will be a PEACEFUL protest," out of one side of their mouths, and then (some) of them saying they can't help what other people do, and maybe (some) violence should be expected. Yes, some organizers have actually said these things. And it's a load of bunk. If you organize the protest, it's YOUR JOB to get out the word that violence will NOT be tolerated as part of the program. Besides, it's good public policy and gets better results for you. Your message is actually heard, and responded to. Otherwise, it's the OTHER message that gets heard. ("Let's trash EVERYTHING and steal what we can while the going is GOOD!")

Then the story becomes not one about cops killing people occasionally and getting away with it...but how a bunch of crazy folks looted another mall today.
On a separate note, when the BLM movement came along, one of the first things I said was that I agreed with the concept of it...but I also said that what was good for the goose was good for the gander. I (maybe foolishly) said that the Black Lives Matter movement should also address the mass killing of young black men by OTHER young black men, i.e. drive-by shootings, retribution killings, and gang killings, which account for several thousand deaths each year. And if you go look at the stats, at least 90% of black men killed in America are killed by other black men.

So I said: "I understand there is a problem with the cops. But what about cleaning up your own house along the way? This should be an issue right up there with the cop problem..." Why not? Even kids get caught in the crossfire sometimes, or innocent bystanders. It's a problem.

Ha. Man, did I get taken to task for that one. I was called names, a racist, whatever. Ever since then, I don't talk about BLM because I think they are right about their stand with the cops, but I also think they ignore other realities. Who knows? Maybe they're worried about gang retribution. o_O But I will tell you one thing. There's nothing I dislike more than a phony.

Last Edited:

"Again, those are the facts," he concluded. "They are not in dispute. Are African Americans being 'hunted,' as Joy Reid recklessly claimed on MSNBC recently? Or is something else happening? Is our nation being ripped apart by a total and complete lie, a provable lie. A lie used by cynical media manipulators and unscrupulous politicians who understand that racial strife, race hatred, is their path to power, even if it destroys the country? You have the facts now and you can decide what's really going on."

I've been taking bubble baths with confidence now that I bought a new rape whistle

D0885A0A-2F8A-418A-9766-5048FB7B6CA4.jpeg

Don't forget the "doing stupid things" part... Just sayin'... ;)

I went into my local Starbucks store (actually inside). No BLM pins or t-shirts were worn by any of the employees.

Yeah....according to Starbucks corporate....they could if they wished to.

Anyway....prior to going, I wanted to fire off a nasty message to the Starbuck Corp. for their "support of BLM".

(Take a breath) I guess, maybe that could wait awhile.

Aloha, Mark

PS....I am trying to use up my star points as fast as I can. Anticipating that I may not be going there in the future.

Last Edited:
Anticipating that I may not be going there in the future.
Why do you patronize them at all? Plenty of other coffee choices that aren't run by anti-gun crazies...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do you patronize them at all? Plenty of other coffee choices that aren't run by anti-gun crazies...

Well, there is that thing about my need to take advantage. Star Points.

Then, I don't really wish to see the employees hurt because of corporate decisions. And......I'm at this point trying to figure out my e-mail to the corporate office. On the good side......I don't have SB in my portfolio. But, I guess that maybe my mutual funds may.

Aloha, Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been in 2 starbucks.

Drank their regular coffee black...tasted burnt.

The coffee clerks were nose ring wearing, tattooed up to the max, supercilious weirdos....who displayed a certain 'disdain' for me - an older, (ok, old) clean cut white guy with all his teeth who speaks standard English.

These counter clerks acted like they were 'large and in charge' made me cringe...for them.

Uh-huh, try buying a house, car/truck and support a family on your laughable wages....yeah, you're superior you is...not.

Baby commies living in Mom and Dad's basement are not going to make it without learning a real trade like HVAC or plumbing....they're destined to be the 'new' homeless once Mom and Dad kick the bucket....

I know that at least one of the employees at my local SB (I guess, that he is a Full Timer) is a veteran (clean cut and nice attitude).

Aloha, Mark

PS....actually, veterans are at two stores that I frequent.

ma,

Glad to hear it.

As stated, I've only been in 2 and my experience was what I posted.

Undoubtedly, weirdos don't man every counter in various sb's.

Went to check mine. Of course website down!

Here is an update from June 5th. This is the first election that I have mailed ballots using a Postal Service Office location instead of using a Ballot Collection Box.
The other ballot I mailed on this occasion, reached its destination and was counted in the Democrat Party Primary.
My ballot remains uncounted.

Edit: I hope they can correct the issues before November.

ui.png

To better prepare for civil unrest, I doubled my garden size, and have it mostly planted.
I had amerigas come by and fill my propane 2 months earlier than usual.
Cleaned and oiled my favorite .308 rifle and 45's, and intentionally purchased two extra cans of coffee the last time I went to town for our food stuffs.
I am also considering construction of an outhouse behind the barn.

You might also want to cut back on the feed for the hogs. Make sure they're really hungry when you need them to be... ;)

I thought we were adequately prepared. Then our freezer went kaput, and now you can't buy one anywhere. The one I picked to replace it is backordered until almost September.

We fixed this issue with a massive upgrade. Old one was a 16 cu. ft. Whirlpool. New one is a 49 cu. ft. commercial unit.
KIMG0341.JPG

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews