JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For hiking I'd just bring my estwing hatchet but only because it's the smallest and lightest. For a survival axe and the one that lives under the back seat of my pickup I have a fallers axe. It's short enough pack but heavy enough to do real work. Here is an example:

ED701-clearing-axe-f-53.jpg 3110CP8W26L._AC_SX450_.jpg

Lee valley and bahco brands
Right around $60 a pop.

Just the way things are with me. Every one that I'm really liking is above the price I'm willing to spend! :s0114:

Last Edited:
@HA556 this is yours if you want it. Old Coleman. I ground down the profile some time ago. It's sharp, it works, it's old.

ECAD3138-DFF5-4096-9166-F1B0521A31E5.jpeg D49BEB07-DF32-4E38-A85B-D83F61F67A39.jpeg AF5FA9D8-FC68-474A-85BA-9D012C89FD3F.jpeg

A Youtuber that I like to follow is "Gideon's Tactical" did a great review on the Husqvarna camp hatchet. Kind of leaning toward that one now. We'll see, still got some searching to do. :D

I really like buying an old used hatchet and turning it new. A lot of videos on you tube that show others love the same hobby. I have a wood stove so I do use the hatchet for kindling in the winter.. Old bones love wood heat be it by a camp fire or a wood stove. :)

After an entire day of researching, reading reviews and watching YouTube vids, I finally settled on an axe I think will suit all my purposes. I ordered the Council Tool Hudson Bay 2lb camp axe with 18" handle. USA made! :D SU20HB19C-768x576.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top