JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a number of the Bushmans in different styles. For barter. Don't use them.

For brush cutting, I use the CRKT HalfAChance parang - I have some other brush cutters, but the parang works the best IMO.

My favorite CS knives are the San Mai Master Hunter and the Bird and Game

I have a number of the Bushmans in different styles. For barter. Don't use them.

For brush cutting, I use the CRKT HalfAChance parang - I have some other brush cutters, but the parang works the best IMO.

Likewise on the Master Hunters.. The MH are about the handiest skinner-hunting knives I have owned. I mean to get one of the B'nG or similar to install on sheaths of large bowies, they look real handy for small "fiddly" work.

I found a broken down old hoe so I stuck it in there.
Careful! That's what Burden said.. "Co-mmander" and Queef! ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š

I need to get me a few of these, finally.
I dig 'em! Pretty reasonably priced too.
Not sure if I like the San mai for a hard use blade. I should get one just to find out ;) actually never had a San mai before.

One of my current projects is a 24" power hacksaw blade .1" thick spine of course it bi metallic, I'm re creating one I had when I was a kid I commandeered one from my dad that was probably from Boeing surplus back in the day. It made a pretty decent machete back in the woods days. Kinda remaking one to see if its as good as memory serves.
Total cost shipped was like $20 or $30 off eBay.
Going to make the handle removable so It can pull double duty as a saw blade for a frame saw, not an ideal blade for sawing, but the double duty could be pretty handy in a pinch.

I'll try and post pics here or somewhere when its done.

Also didn't know that Krupp's still made steel. I know that's the same Krupp in Thysenkrupp. I thought after WWII they went through a major "restructuring" but I just have passing knowledge of Thysenkrupp history. Never really looked into it.

Last Edited:

I ordered one of those halfachance, because I need a 3rd machette. Very nice. Of note: they are currently on sale at the CRKT website for 59.99 (reg price 79.99), as opposed to the Amazon sale for 72.55 (stated 15% off, I guess they inflated the price to make this sound good, and showing a reg price of 84.99, 5 dollars more than the reg price from the company itself, interesting). Free shipping from CRKT as well, not sure why though, so anyone interested, check that out. And on my doorstep quick, even before the e-mail saying it was on the way.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews