JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For hiking I'd just bring my estwing hatchet but only because it's the smallest and lightest. For a survival axe and the one that lives under the back seat of my pickup I have a fallers axe. It's short enough pack but heavy enough to do real work. Here is an example:

ED701-clearing-axe-f-53.jpg 3110CP8W26L._AC_SX450_.jpg

Lee valley and bahco brands
Right around $60 a pop.

Just the way things are with me. Every one that I'm really liking is above the price I'm willing to spend! :s0114:

Last Edited:
@HA556 this is yours if you want it. Old Coleman. I ground down the profile some time ago. It's sharp, it works, it's old.

ECAD3138-DFF5-4096-9166-F1B0521A31E5.jpeg D49BEB07-DF32-4E38-A85B-D83F61F67A39.jpeg AF5FA9D8-FC68-474A-85BA-9D012C89FD3F.jpeg

A Youtuber that I like to follow is "Gideon's Tactical" did a great review on the Husqvarna camp hatchet. Kind of leaning toward that one now. We'll see, still got some searching to do. :D

I really like buying an old used hatchet and turning it new. A lot of videos on you tube that show others love the same hobby. I have a wood stove so I do use the hatchet for kindling in the winter.. Old bones love wood heat be it by a camp fire or a wood stove. :)

After an entire day of researching, reading reviews and watching YouTube vids, I finally settled on an axe I think will suit all my purposes. I ordered the Council Tool Hudson Bay 2lb camp axe with 18" handle. USA made! :D SU20HB19C-768x576.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top