JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am amused because I did the exact opposite! I used to carry a Glock 30SF until I was at West Coast Armory and saw a 19 slide blow off.....

Any gun can go kaboom, and most have at one point or another.

Comparing 1911's to Glocks is always good to trigger a religious discussion....:D I have both. I most often carry my G21 when I carry full sized. One man's opinion.....

I steadfastly refuse to drink the glock Kool Aid. When Gaston will sell me one for what the Austrian Govt paid, maybe
I'll think about it.

Just finished my Foster 1911 build, after testing it, I'll probably carry it for a while

IMAG00772.JPG

I made the change for practical reasons. I'm not a fanboy of anything. I just want a pistol I can carry comfortably and the G30 is working for me.

1911s are scarier looking than any plastic pistol though. We have some sheriffs here that carry 1911s and can handle them well "they do the action pistol at the local club"

I carry a 1911. it is like me slow and big and lots of power, You don't want hit by either one of us.
I own an carry a glock, sometimes. I feel like i have to bathe afterwards to take the sleeze off.

I went the other way. Carried several different Glocks for a couple years. Glock 21 and Glock 27 most prominently. Then I went to a 1911. Yes, it weighs more. The balance is different though - more spread out and not all in the grip area. I went back and forth between a 1911 and a Glock 35 for a couple years. Then for the past 5 years or so it's been all 1911. For me, Glocks are too "blocky" to conceal well. 42 oz. plus doesn't really bother me.

I think you need a good holster - like a Milt Sparks VM2 (best I've ever worn for IWB). I disagree with some others about the belt though. I've had a double thickness Kramer belt. It was painful to wear. I find an "instructor" style belt like Wilderness tactical sells pairs nicely with a quality holster. It also adjusts to the waist size of the day...

Really though, the ultimate "carry" gun is the airweight, hands down. But it hurts to shoot and only holds 5 rounds.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews