JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At the beginning of this thread people were throwing around the term sniper, people thought he used an AR15. One guy said "these were snipers at their absolute best". Snipers don't typically use the SKS anymore, which is exactly what this coward used. That to me is scarier than if he used an AR15. Now rather than targeting scary black rifles, the ignorant politicans will see an old wood and metal rifle and declare that they all must go.

When you have trigger-happy cops out there, you'd better start acting like, "Sho nuff, Massa!" Bend over and submit, that's the ticket.

Heaven forbid that men would act like men! Go around being armed and protecting their women, how could they be so stupid? o_O

I would enjoy voicing my real opinions. Based on facts throughout the years, people have a problem moving on. Problems we have in society are brought on by themselves. Things could, can, and should change, but some go through life regurgitating. If you don't like being labelled, stop walking in someone elses shoes o_O

At the beginning of this thread people were throwing around the term sniper, people thought he used an AR15. One guy said "these were snipers at their absolute best". Snipers don't typically use the SKS anymore, which is exactly what this coward used. That to me is scarier than if he used an AR15. Now rather than targeting scary black rifles, the ignorant politicans will see an old wood and metal rifle and declare that they all must go.

If you look at every one of the MSM stories that mention what the shooter used, it's "an SKS semi-automatic assault rifle". This is going to fuel the anti's to try to ban all semi-auto's, because everyone knows that they are just deadly high powered killing machines and "you don't need to have such a superior rate of fire for duck hunting".

Ray

If you look at every one of the MSM stories that mention what the shooter used, it's "an SKS semi-automatic assault rifle". This is going to fuel the anti's to try to ban all semi-auto's, because everyone knows that they are just deadly high powered killing machines and "you don't need to have such a superior rate of fire for duck hunting".

Ray

Hunting exists no where in the Second Amendment...

Obviously that SKS had been allowed to hang out with the evil black rifles too much. It was a good rifle growing up, never had a problem with authority, but then it started living in a safe with a couple black rifles and so began the long downhill slide. Black rifles are a menace to all and turn even well behaved rifles bad.

I think that comments like this are the real hype, and the avoidance of the actual facts. It is really discouraging to see that you, Ura-Ki, and Pops111, all feel this way about the Philando Castile shooting.

Castile was an honest and responsible citizen, with a real job, no criminal history of any kind, and was legally carrying with a CCW license. He is in no way at all comparable to either the thug Michael Brown ( who committed a robbery minutes before he was shot ), or Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, who was a convicted felon with a long criminal history that included convictions for illegal drugs, firearms violations, assault, theft, and statutory rape. It is most unfair for you to place Castile in the same category.

Telling an officer that you have a gun should not be an immediate death sentence.

1) It's coming out now that there is so far no evidence whatsoever he actually had a carry permit.
2) He had the gun laid on his left thigh in plain view, you can see it in the cell phone video.
3) He was pulled over because he and his g/f matched a BOLO for an armed robbery. High alert.
4) You don't tell a cop you have a gun as you reach down for your wallet.

Sad? Of course. Needless? Absolutely. Racial hate crime? Highly unlikely. YMMV

I'm somewhat ashamed of myself for admitting this, and I want to state that I in no way condone what happened in Dallas (I've been kind of messed up in the head about it all day), but the part of me that likes to say "I told you so!" has been waiting for an event like this, in which someone uses a California legal firearm to commit a heinous act, just so we could have a concrete example of how stupid and ineffective an AWB is. I hate to even admit that right now...
I'm also pissed off at the politicians who are jumping on this to promote a gun control agenda. F'ing vultures.

Not to go too far afield, but I would like to remind folks of the story of the Spotted Owl. Tree huggers wanted public forests locked up to protect the spotted owl because their numbers were in decline. Business interests and local governments of course wanted the revenue from logging. The judge in the case ordered a new study done to prove that the numbers of spotted owls were actually declining and needed protecting. The report from the study was that there were WAY more breeding pairs of spotted owls than the tree huggers stated so they didn't need any action to protect them. The judge, in his infinite wisdom, said "Well, if there's more spotted owls, we gotta lock up way more forest!". Point is, if you point out the futility of partial bans, you play right into the anti's plan, they instantly say, "You're right! It didn't work because we have to expand the ban to include the weapons that are actually used in these crimes!" As always the actual end game is total confiscation, one slice at a time.

1) It's coming out now that there is so far no evidence whatsoever he actually had a carry permit.

Where have you seen this?

4) You don't tell a cop you have a gun as you reach down for your wallet.

This is true; however, most people aren't going to think about the situation of getting pulled over and how they're going to handle it. Even if they do think about it, 99% of people don't think about it ENOUGH for it to make a significant difference in the heat of the moment. It's stressful to get pulled over, and most people are flustered.

Cop asks for ID, first reaction is (mostly), "yes sir," and reach for the wallet in a pocket. Then they suddenly remember that they're probably going to expose their gun by doing that and realize that they should probably tell the cop first, so they do, but they're still in the middle of reaching for their wallet.

So yeah, it was a mistake for him to announce that he had a gun as he was reaching for his wallet, but it's difficult to blame him for that. Those of you that have everything ready to go by the time the cop arrives at the window, congratulations, you're more prepared for that situation than 99% of people are. Other people are more prepared for other situations than you are, I can guarantee that I'm more prepared than 99% of you if we're in an airplane that is evacuated.

4.jpg

Coming to a major city near you!

This is pure BS. You don't grow sideburns in 3 days. He's not USA2. According to the girlfriend he told the cop he was LEGALLY carrying. There should have been no surprises. Also, if they stopped him on suspicion that he looked like an armed robbery suspect they implemented the wrong procedure. The cop should NOT have asked for his ID. He should have had him exit the vehicle and disarmed him. Then they could talk about ID and such. There's always somebody in these cases that tries to poison the well. This was a poor attempt.

You're right. It's not a reliable source. Here's why: The Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports that Castile did have a valid concealed carry permit from Hennepin County (some on the Internet have used a Ramsey County Sheriff's Department Tweet on Castile not applying for a permit through that county as evidence he didn't have one; the Star-Tribune, however, cites a source, in reporting that he obtained one through another county, while living in Robbinsdale, MN).

And here's the victim's extensive 55 item rap sheet, comprised almost exclusively of administrative infractions:

1. Violate instr permit – dismissed
2. No proof of insurance – guilty
3. Basic speed – guilty
4. Driving after suspension – dismissed
5. No proof of insurance – guilty
6. No seat belt use – dismissed
7. No proof of insurance – guilty
8. Impede traffic – dismissed
9. No Minnesota driver's license – amended charge guilty
10. Driving after suspension of driver's license – Convicted
11. No proof of insurance – dismissed
12. No proof of insurance – convicted
13. Driving after revocation – Dismissed
15. Driving after suspension – Dismissed
16. No proof of insurance – guilty
17. Speeding – dismissed
18. Driver's license – failure to obtain new – dismissed
19. Muffler required – dismissed
20. Driving after revocation – guilty
21. Operation of motor vehicle after loss of license prohibited – dismissed
22. Dangerous public road/water – convicted
23. Driving after revocation – convicted
24. No proof of insurance – dismissed
25. Driving after revocation – convicted
26. Seat belt violation – dismissed
27. Driving after revocation – convicted
28. Proof on insurance – Dismissed
29. Driving after revocation – convicted
30. Driving after revocation – convicted
31. Driving after revocation – convicted
32. Seat belt required – convicted
33. Seat belt required – convicted
34. Driving after revocation – convicted
35. Driving after revocation – convicted
36. Driving after revocation – convicted
37. Driving after revocation – convicted
38. Driving after revocation – convicted
39. Driving after revocation – convicted
40. Stop/stand/park vehicle at any place where official signs prohibit stopping – convicted
41. Expired registration – dismissed
42. Snow emergency parking restrictions – convicted
43. Stop/stand/park vehicle on any street/ally, at the same location, for more than 48 consecutive hours – convicted
44. Abandon motor vehicle on any public/private property without consent – convicted
45. Stop/stand/park vehicle on any street/ally, at the same location, for more than 48 consecutive hours – convicted

More from Philando's criminal history in Ramsey, County, Minnesota.

In Dakota County, he also had some traffic offenses:

46. Driving after suspension – guilty

In Hennepin County, Castile had these violations:

47. Driving after revocation – convicted
48. Display altered/fictitious insurance card – dismissed
49. Driving after revocation – convicted
50. Seat belt required – dismissed
51. Uninsured vehicle – convicted
52. Driving after revocation – dismissed
53. Seat belt required – dismissed
54. Impromper display original plate – convicted
55. Seat belt required – convicted