JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I already heard someone on TV say these "assault weapons were even able to penetrate their bullet proof vests" - implying this is the only type of rifle that can.

Assault Weapon Bans will only encourage more madmen to become snipers, where an Assault Weapon would probably be less effective than a more accurate bolt action precision rifle..

If there is anyone who is logical here, they will know that if they allow citizens to own guns and those citizens want to declare war on the country, they can wreck utter havoc and it will result in the death of many people.

The only solution the government will have is to disarm the citizenry. However, that would obviously result in a much greater catastrophe than what we have here today.

I am thinking they may even try to push for a high caliber rifle ban like is instituted in many other countries around the world. High caliber rifles have the potential to travel very far and snipers prefer these rounds and can pose the greatest threat to our nation's security of any other armed assailant.

In fact well organized and trained groups of snipers throughout history have proven effective of holding off entire military battalion's. Look back to the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising for reference.

I just like to remind people of the actual violent crime statistics. The reality is that the media, social media especially, has created a place where emotions/fear run rampant and logic/science rarely does. It seems to polarize people more then bring them together. Don't buy into it, take anti-gun friend/coworker/family member shooting, share you experiences of why you own a gun, be that nice person who they would have never suspected was a gun owner. I've changed a lot of minds over the years and we need to do a lot more of it. One person at a time, live by example, etc. Oh and don't break out the "evil assault rifle" first. I like to introduce people to the concept of "high capacity magazines" via my tube fed .22 lever rifle. I use statements "Isn't that more fun then having to get lead all over your fingers on my single shot?" Work your way up from there. Next thing you know they are enjoying time with your AR-15. If you do it right, you can change minds, not all of them, but many.

The media (TV/Paper news outlets) and social media outlets were the direct cause of this race baiting rebel rousing (also of course the idiots who attacked the cops)

Their (the media and widespread misinformation) agitation of the low information types is what caused this. After reporting on cases they too did not have all the facts for yet reported anyway for ratings and $$

current count - 5 officers killed, 6 injured, 3 suspects in custody and one suspect suicide at standoff.
They are still searching for the "several bombs planted all over the city" claimed by the guy who shot himself and the hater of the constitution in chief has already called for stricter gun control... Not "we need to unite as a nation in this time of tragedy"
Never let a crisis go to waste I guess.

Lets just hope that our other elected officials don't hand him more of our rights.

current count - 5 officers killed, 6 injured, 3 suspects in custody and one suspect suicide at standoff.
They are still searching for the "several bombs planted all over the city" claimed by the guy who shot himself and the hater of the constitution in chief has already called for stricter gun control... Not "we need to unite as a nation in this time of tragedy"
Never let a crisis go to waste I guess.

Lets just hope that our other elected officials don't hand him more of our rights.
Well the suicide guy was blown up by his own IED. Cops sent in a EOD robot and the bomb went off.

The "snipers" label is being blown way out of proportion. One of the suspects was using a semi-auto long gun down on the street. The other claim is that there was fire from the 2nd floor of a parking garage. There were no "snipers."

The issue of the "armor piercing" claim (remember when the ATF tried this last year) is that Dallas PD probably wears soft armor, which is not rated for rifle rounds. Their vests were pretty much worthless without plates. However, 99% of America knows only that vests are "bullet proof" and as far as they are concerned should stop a nuclear explosion, so this guy must have been using depleted uranium tungsten bullets or something. And I'm sure Schummer and Feinstein will be out there this morning screaming how this was just a poor guy and the gun forced him to do it.

Either way, we all know they are going to avoid the race issue and blame guns and cops. And they are going to eat up and loop on TV all the bullbubblegum interviews claiming, "It was like a warzone!" despite, none of these people ever being in one. But that soundbite furthers the agenda. Not only do I see them going for an AWB, I also see the ATF trying to make 5.56 illegal again.

And el jefe is already calling for gun control, cause after-all, "we still don't know all the facts." Furthermore, blaming the criminal would damage my agenda and open myself to criticism, so... it was the gun's fault!

Well you always have to word smith what the media is saying. For some reason, without any knowledge to back it up, they keep referring to issues they believe instead of focusing on what is known. High capacity, assault weapon, AR15, everything they can get people even more worked up on. This morning they said they wouldn't share anymore information about the shooter that was blown up. Then they flashed a picture of some white guy in a cap, with no caption or information while saying the shooter they engaged with wanted to kill white people and white cops. Though implying the shooter was not white.

This is a sad day in America but too many days are sad days. Every thing lately was so, not necessary. So many people should still be alive today that aren't. I'm not planning to change my program. If anything I'll probably step it up. The Prez has only got one line and I'm not buying it. No other Politian (my computer makes me capitalize Politian) is stepping up. The NRA only has on stupid line. There is this big stain on the American carpet that no one wants to be responsible for, yet here it is.

What can you say during times like this? We all feel bad for the officers and their families and hope this madness will stop.

But to me we the people (and the Media) spend so much time in the court of public opinion that we escalate many things before the facts are known. Michael Brown (Ferguson Missouri) rings a bell? I am guilty of this to some degree myself.

Now here we are with the possible retaliation for all the hype and the lies promoted by the media and the court of public opinion.

It is time to contact your representatives now and do not stop because I do not feel this Stuff is over. I feel this will be a long hot summer and tempers are going to flair then if you add any brown outs in the big cities or another major event who can know what might happen.

Will this push the anti gun agenda and the ban on certain firearms, quite possible?

They are already talking about it on the side lines and like some have said Obama has already brought it up.

Would it stop any of this, we all know the answer is no but that will not stop them from trying.

Last Edited:
Well the suicide guy was blown up by his own IED.

The police chief is saying that they placed their own device on the robot and sent it in. If so that is a new tactic for me. Not sure how I feel about it. Seems like the next logical step would be drone strikes etc on American soil.

It always infuriates me that they push gun control as soon as they can spit it from their filthy mouths.
Yet they refuse to acknowledge how these people get weapons or who they are.
Most of the time people who commit these acts get the weapons illegally or shouldn't have been able to buy it from the get go.

Commander and queef can go back to the south side of chicago with his gun control BS

The police chief is saying that they placed their own device on the robot and sent it in. If so that is a new tactic for me. Not sure how I feel about it. Seems like the next logical step would be drone strikes etc on American soil.
thats the first thing that came to my mind, soon they wont even talk to the "suspect" whether they are involved or not a ..........send in the robots....slippery slope ...

load up on 12 ga slugs to knock out robots

And on the shooting that led to this of the guy in st paul, the freaking guy was reaching for his wallet and told the officers i have a concealed weapon?!
Hey jack off, maybe if your telling a cop you have a gun don't reach for something?!

When I'm carrying and have been pulled over I always take out my license and CHL and have it already in my hand when the officer walks up, and let him know I'm carrying so I never have to reach for anything.

This cop obviously jumped the trigger, but the driver was just as at fault

Just read the headline of today's Washington Post... "CIVIL WAR".
Now that's going to be really helpful. Not.
My prayers are with the Dallas PD, their families and those murdered.

Holy moley, PD blew the suspect up using explosives strapped to their robot. Yep, armed PD drones are next.

Any comments on the guy in Portland that pulled his weapon in self defense?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top