JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In all fairness if things go the way its been said it will go with ...gangs randomly attacking Caucasians and attacking government agencies how long do y'all think it will take before we start seeing segregation on a massive scale i.e. whole towns and cities racially inhabited?

It was an Asian guy???? NO MOTIVE ??????? WTF
No surprises with any of this... In the last seven years and six months our country has spiraled into the abyss regarding race relations... And particularly in regards to race relations with law enforcement...

Things have moved at breakneck speed for the past two years or so... Ever since Ferguson...

Don't act surprised that these things are happening. As a nation, we've done very little to diffuse the situations. Unfortunately, leadership at the national level has been too busy... Fundamentally changing America and golfing...

And on a separate note I was just cleaning out my inbox and its amazing..coincidence or not there are alot of places having ammo sales right now...maybe they are telling us something

I think that anyone that would shoot in that sort of situation should not be allowed to carry a gun.
Not to encourage the continuation of this part of the thread, but I'm curious.
How many times have you personally been "in that sort of situation"?
If you don't mind, just an answer to the question for now. We can sit here and armchair quarterback the thing to death. But when you start making the sort of statements you're so prone to do, perhaps you should provide qualification?

Well, again, it is all highly disturbing that you, nammac and Ura-Ki all think this way: that it is OK that Castile lost his life.

I certainly hope that none of you carry, since you would shoot someone just because you think that they have a gun.

Might as well count me in on that one too... at least I am in good company ...
None of us know exactly what happened as far as we know he reached for a gun and got what you get when you pull a gun on a police officer so until proved otherwise I will operate on the assumption that they followed procedure. If they didnt then I will admit that I was wrong but if they did the right thing they get to go home.
i would rather say sorry then say please

"Preliminary findings indicate Scott may have targeted people and officers after being troubled by recent events involving African-Americans and law enforcement officers in other parts of the country."
Call it what it is...Targeting WHITE people and WHITE cops

From what I remember, their pretty big up there in the PDX area, as well as a Black Biker gang or three that share like activities! I got into a big head knockin with a few of them, convinced them it was not going to end well for them, and they left in a hurry! Seams like that big gaping hole at the business end of a 1911 changes attitudes pretty quick!

Anyone ever think for two seconds what happens in a traffic stop? Police ask for license and registration. Big what if assumption but... what if After declaring he had a CC license and had it on him if they asked for his license, registration, and proof of insurance - then he went for those pieces of information - which happened to be in his wallet.

Do bad guys usually declare they have a gun? Or do they keep their mouth shut hoping they don't find it or stash it in the car and pretend they didn't know about it.

Simply put, we don't know what happened, they were not wearing body cams, and he could have been listening to instructions. Maybe not. But when your someone who has been harassed by the police but has no criminal history or record like I have, you see things from a different perspective.

While we don't know what actually happened before his girlfriend started recording, my instincts are that Castile was cooperative and that there was a horrific misunderstanding on the part of the officer that resulted in tragedy. Still waiting for the facts to come in and hopefully the officer had a cam recording, but IMO this is at a minimum manslaughter.

Folks, black, white, or otherwise - keep your hands on the steering wheel and only move exactly as the officer tells you. Don't dig around for your wallet or registration before the officer gets to your car. The reality is that cops get killed every day in routine traffic stops, so if you want to stay safe, put yourself in their position. Hell, yes, they are on edge as they approach you. And, yes, disclose that you have a CHL (hand it over with your DL) and if there is a firearm in the vehicle.

EDIT - If Castile had followed my advice above he would almost certainly still be alive today.

While I agree with this pretty much 100%, how would you react to someone saying they have a gun and reaching back to pull something from the most common cc position? It's very sad and unfortunate, but unless you've been in the exact situation, you can't know that you wouldn't have shot him yourself.

As long as cops face no consequences for killing people, and as long as drug and gun prohibition exist (leading to crime and gang turf wars), this mess is going to continue. Too many people in power benefit from its continuance. The cities may burn, but they won't give a damn.

Well like one of those articles that were posted, they stop him as a suspect in an armed robbery.
So they were on high alert. We don't know, but even by the girlfriends own admission he told them he had a gun as he reached for his license, supposedly.

I have been pulled over while carrying.
I had my license and CHL out before the police officer even got out of his car.
That way when he got to my window ai had my cards out and I didn't have to reach for anything.
I would think an officer would shoot my honkey arse just the same if I do something stupid.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews