JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are no homeless. There are only people who would rather do drugs than have a job and a roof over their heads. Yes there is tremendous government waste and corruption, but it has nothing to do with the condition of the great majority of the people on the streets. Redirection of government money isn't the solution. Even if people fall on hard times, in a normal world families take care of each other. The sad fact is that addicts are on the street because their families don't want them. They are persona non grata because of their addictions and the associated stealing, lying, and trauma they bring into their family's lives. The scourge on our country is addiction, not a lack of housing.
Legalizing hard drugs will help solve the problem. I hear that drug arrests are WAAAAY down. That shows it's working already.

Let's say you were immortal and born on the same day as Jesus. And let's say you were paid $1 million every single day of your immortal life, from the day you were born until today. You would still not have even your first trillion dollars. You'd be about three-quarters of the way there, that's it.
This. Is. Stunning.
What's it gonna cost?
The CA example......
You bring up a great point about cost vs. benefit. I've worked with different NGOs and non-profits related to prevention and safety. Most of the actual workers and administrators were good folks who were frugal with funds and tried to use them wisely. Others who we worked with but without particular insight would say things like, "Even if we save just one person it is worth it." No, no it's not always, or even usually. (And I'm talking about virtually any type of prevention / safety programs.)

Few involved actually look at how much it costs per sucess (however that is measured). Most in my experience just give you blank stares when you inquire how their matrix for sucess is measured. Thanks to California (ever willing to provide the "don't model") for giving us some numbers.

RE : Post #203

IIRC.....the SNAP program (aka: Food Stamps Program) use to gauge their performance based on how much MORE MONEY (more people) they were able to give away (sign up) year vs year.

And in the above case.....giving away more money (aka: helping more people) was a reason to celebrate.

WTF?!?!
Yeah......more people getting free stuff from the Govt. (Taxpayers) is a reason to celebrate?

NOPE. Not in my book.

BUT, But, but.......maybe if you're thinking of more "Job security" for those people working in that industry.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Interesting read this morning. Seems while America's homeless are dying in the cold our tax dollars are going to migrant shelters in Mexico.
Comment 1: Nature finds a way.
Comment 2: More visibility needs to come to bear on where the dollars are going while tying it to pump prices and the government's obvious disdain for the poor-to-middle-class.

RE : CA spending $800,000 per unit for the homeless.

Message to Gov. Newsom and the CA taxpayer's.
Why not just buy a whole bunch of "McMansions" and give them away to the homeless?

Fffffffff@c^.......
Face_Palm_Ernie.png

Yeah......
Give the homes away to the "homeless" who will be willing to travel to CA and get on that California Govt Teet. That way.....they won't be "homeless" anymore. Solving the "systemic homeless problem".

OMG.....so much Equity.

Also.....it'll prove that......
If you accommodate them more will come.

AND as an added benefit......
That'll certainly solve Portlandia's homeless problem as they migrate south.

I_will_allow_it.gif

Bye_Bye.gif

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
This happened in Raleigh Hills over the weekend. I drove by the aftermath this morning.

View attachment 1148173
Why can't they do this to the junkers parked on the streets surrounded by garbage piles that grow every day? bubblegum! Roust who ever is living there and making the mess, and when their safe, torch the whole thing! The city won't clean up the crap piles that go with the homeless' junk vehicles, but I bet they'd clean up burned out cars?

You must not go down 33rd.
Looks like the Iraqi hwy on most days.
Oh yeah, I go down 33rd drive. I just live over near Prescott and NE 60th. The reason they don't run them all out...they did go in there and clean them off the dirt they contaminated for all time tough....is there's some sort or border there between city of potland and Port of portland. Word had it that they were pointing fingers at each other saying the other was responsible for clean-up.

In MY case, I was was more referring to the 1-3 junk cars a half a block from me with their ever increasing garbage garbage spweing half way across the street at times. The other morning when I was on my way to the gun show, TWO tents were in the middle of the road!

Out of site out of mind for that 33rd dr spot. If the cars, and the tents, on these neighborhood streets, were reduce to a big pile of charred debris I'm thinking the city would clean that up. But you still can't know for sure just HOW defective this city (that works :s0114: ) can be.

When I was a teenager I worked for J. Frank Schmidt's Nursery out in the fields doing newly grafted tree "water ring" hoeing.
It's a mindless job with endless rows of young trees needing a small ring of dirt around the base of the tree, so a tractor could come along and dump some water at the base of the tree, plus, you had to scrape off any sucker roots springing up.
To fill the labor force, the nursery would drive old school buses downtown and hire bums off of 3rd & Burnside.
To get them to work harder, they placed 1/2 gallon jugs of cheap Gallo wine at the end of the rows and you couldn't believe how hard those bums worked to get to the end of the row ahead of the other bums who would be eyeballing the other guys jug.
If the City of Portland used that method, maybe they could entice the homeless to pick up their trash to earn some free meth or other hard drug of their choice.

I would definitely be moving out of Portland!
Yup. That's what I did. But truth to tell, all three of the West Coast states are turning into dung piles. Portland may be a cesspool, but Seattle is equally a urine pit. There are now spillover homeless camps along I-5 in Vancouver, WA as well. ODOT won't clean them out on the Oregon side, and now WaDOT won't take care of Washington's rights-of-way either. Garbage strewn everywhere on both sides of the I-5 bridge. It all goes back to the governors of the West Coast states and their moronic "progressive" policies. Given that this crap (literally) is their version of progress, I'm looking for true sanity in Idaho.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top