JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I dunno 'bout you JG, but I have never met a person that drinks from the toilet.
A couple of dogs I've owned however,....

Now, their mouths might be cleaner than some people's, but not mine!

I know I have had my head in the toilet on more than one occassion when I was younger. I think I have gotten wiser as I have gotten older.

James Ruby

I know I have had my head in the toilet on more than one occassion when I was younger. I think I have gotten wiser as I have gotten older.

James Ruby
Just because you had your head in the toilet doesn't mean you were making a withdrawal.

More likely, you were making a deposit,... Under duress.

Disgusting, but collectively the sheep will say baah. Poor kid. When I was 12 my dad's friend tried to prank me that he had shot my dog. Gunshot and all.

I promptly went to my room and loaded up a 12 gauge. Before I could seek my revenge, as in end his life in the next few seconds, I heard my dog bark.

That bark saved his life and also altered the course of mine. I was a young boy who had just lost his mom and that dog is all I had.

A 12 year old today is too pacified and feminized to react in that manner so this cop should not have to worry. A 70s kid would have probably put his lights out already.

A cop casually killing a playful dog or shooting a street person with a 3" knife whittling wood, bothering no one, would have not got a pass back then. Nowadays, anything goes; just bend over and take it.

I have to say that my first thought when I saw the moron fire at the dog in the Hawthorn shooting was to fire on him. This was not a thought out decision, but was my gut reaction to what I just saw happen.

PLEASE sign and share this petition and share this link...I'm a friend of the family and knew Gunner. He was a gentle giant that loved his family and would never harm anyone. It is such a tragedy that he was shot and killed by a neighbor and utterly abhorrent to have been done in front of and so close to three very young little boys. I don't know what legal action can be taken against that officer, but there should be some consequence! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/896/607/447/demand-justice-for-gunner/?taf_id=9707709&cid=fb_na#

I agree with you it does take a big person to admit when they are wrong - however I will stick with my statement until you cand provide some more detail as to what actually happened. Yes you can lose a limb or even die from infection if
1) You dont seek medical treatment
2) you dont seek medical treatement fast enough
3) You are not provided the right medical treatment
4) You catch some really rare disease
5) You have an extenuating medical problem
In only two of (4 and 5 )those cases is somone not at fault. And frankly those are extremely rare situations.
There are exceptions to every rule. However when this excepton happens where the infection cant be treated it becomes big news. Those cases make winning the lottery look easy. They make headlines - so we should be able to find this officers name based on the time and department.

James Ruby

By the way a dogs mouth is actually cleaner than ours.

James Ruby

As a medical technologist, who has worked in microbiology, there are so many holes in your list that I could drive an aircraft carrier through it, but I'll start at the bottom first. A dog's mouth might be "cleaner" than a humans, but the bacteria that are there are normal oral flora for a dog can become pathogens in the human body.

Now, you can die from an infection even if you do seek medical treatment. For example, if you go in for a pneumonia, you'll probably start off with a course of a penicillin based drug...which works great if you have Streptococcus pneumoniae, but if you have Klebsiella pneumoniae, not so much. Same with a dog bite. You'll probably be given a broad spectrum antibiotic, which SHOULD work well, but not always. There are NO absolutes in medicine. That's why a good doctor does a culture and sensitivity, to find out what the bacteria is and what antibiotic to use. That culture can take 72 hours before results are back. Sometimes, the patient doesn't have that long....anyway, out of the petri dish

We are talking about the loss of a limb - how many people in your career have lost limbs that you know of due to infection that have been properly treated? I am really interested. Mind you we are talking about dog bytes and the infection that is related to that. The subject has nothing to do with pneumonia and respiratory problems.

James Ruby

<broken link removed>

Well, but it is part and parcel of the same thing. (by the way, it is bite, not byte. A byte is eight bits, based on the old eight bit processors of days long past).

Most of the individuals I have known (personally and professionally) that have lost limbs to infection were being treated, and properly so, but they had underlying conditions (e.g., diabetics have poor tissue perfusion which decreases the effectiveness of the antibiotic).

In my life, I had a deep tissue abscess after routine surgery, and spent 21 days in the hospital being treated with the wrong antibiotic for the first 9 days.

I also lost my eye as the result of an infection, and being treated (even so far as an injection of antibiotics directly into the eye itself). Now, sure, they treated me with the wrong drug for the first week, before the culture came back with the sensitivity which showed them they were using the wrong drug...(some bacteria, for example, the facultative anaerobes or strict anaerobes don't grow as fast as the aerobic bugs do, so it takes longer).

To complicate things even further, we haven't even discussed the possibility of mycotic infections or the mycobacteria...just bacterial infections. The mycotic infections take a long time to treat, as do the mycobacteria.

Ok I will admit that there is alot about infections of the body I dont know and will even admit that I was off base when I made the specific statement that there is relationship between intelligence and losing a limb. However even in your statements above Ross there were mistakes made that caused the loss. I am diabetic and need to watch my feet probably better than I do but even knowing that if I am ignorant / lazy not to do something to a foot injury and it becomes infected - whose fault is that - its mine for not being proactive. I still feel that in the majority of cases where an infection spreads to the point where removal of a body part needs to be removed / amputated there is a person to blame for letting it get that far. In the case of a dog byte - unless there are extenuating circumstances some one did not do something correctly. I am sure that there are exceptions to this logic and I believe them to be quite rare.

James Ruby

Regretfully, James, your attitude is one of the problems with medicine. You view medicine (the profession) as all powerful and able to cure everything with a magic pill or shot. Nothing could be further from the truth.

In this modern day and age, one of the major killers, world wide, is still malaria, a disease we have known the cause of for over a century. But, trying to get rid of mosquito larvae is hard to do. There is no magic cure.

Same with bacteria. Even if all things go correctly, people still die from bacterial infections all the time. Christoper Reeves is a case in point, he was on a ventilator, under constant care, and died from pneumonia.

Anyway, I've drug this thread far enough off topic for now...sorry, down off my agar plate...

Historians noted some of the most notorious Nazi war criminals were perfect neighbors and family men. Your cop neighbor will treat you nicely, right up to the point the state decides to re-categorize you as a criminal.

When the law enforcement profession reverts to a peacekeeping profession, then you might have a point about the 10%/90%. Until then, all cops are nothing more than armed footpads for the state.

I was going to reply the same, but you said it.

Everyone talks about the "good cop"...

Always makes me think of the poem "First They Came" written by a German Minister about the rise of the Nazis
No one stands up to tyranny until they are directly affected by it. And by the time the average fence sitting moron gets blackbagged there isnt anyone left with a voice to speak out.

Thats how its worked all throughout history. DIVIDE. AND. CONQUER.

You laughed and made jokes about a bunch of pacifist pussies marching through the streets protesting the war, cheered on their being pepper sprayed and clubbed.
You mocked and ridiculed the 'Occupy' protesters and couldnt wait for the cops to come marching in swinging clubs and firing rubber bullets, clearing the park of the rabble...
You supported the martial law tactics in Boston as armed police and military kicked in the doors of an entire city looking for their 'suspect'...

Well, one day you may find that you have no other choice but to take to the streets with a sign or a bull horn and exercise your rights as an American... But you my friend will be labelled as all dissidents are labelled... you will be silenced as all others eventually will be. And there is nothing anyone can say that will stop it. You and your views will be marginalized and the majority of the population will be told what to think about you and they will act accordingly.

Oh, i went off on a tangent there, by 'you' I didnt mean you personally dmancornell, or anyone else in particular.

But seriously, thats how it goes. Divide and Conquer.

Its all or nothing. At what point does a citizenry decide they dont want to be abused without recourse by authorities, have their every communication tracked and logged, have their movements monitored, their defensive tools banned and weakened? At what point? There doesnt seem to be a middle ground. You cant just say vote them out or call your congressman... we all know thats useless. When an innocent man can be detained without reason, indefinitely, when a persons private residence can be violated without cause or warrant... Where does it end? When all judicial and peaceful means have been spent to no avail.......... at some point you must decide your breaking point... like getting a divorce or quitting a job... How do we find the will and the courage to make a stand, make a change like great men did 237 years ago?

We bemoaned the USSR and the DDR for these same tactics 20 some years ago. And here we are playing the same game.
We are being played. Period. We are a society that is easily distracted and are willing to believe whatever so as not to upset the calm of our daily routines. Go along to get along, if you will. The left and the right are being played by the same people to the same end, the only difference being how the game is played on you.

I cant stand to see this country go down this path. But what can one man do? or a hundred?

SO, what does it take for America to rise up as a whole like in Egypt or Syria?
Are we that afraid of bloodshed and discomfort that we will give up our country to the grip of tyranny?

What is YOUR breaking point?

The Fluorideheads have been effectively pacified. There will be little to no revolt here. Just a weakling, zombie populace willing to trade anything, their honor, guns, friends, for food and a bed at Fema.

The one tool that will keep Americans from revolting like the Egyptians is the boob tube. Americans worship any official authority figure and most will die of starvation while the talking head reassures them that all is well.

If you try to stand up you will not only not be treated like a hero, but rather as a terrorist and a treasonous coward. That is just how the cookie crumbles. In the Empire of Lies, telling the truth is treason.

That police officer baited that dog - he did not need to put his hand out like that. However Rosby should not have put something he cared about in jeopardy. The dog deserved better than his owner.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR