JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is it so many leos and ATF agents are fearful of little dogs to the pointto where they shoot them? Its ridiculous. Dogs bark.. unless they bite, why even worry?

I hope this leo receives the same maximum charges a citizen would had they done the same.

A small dog, a beagle-Labrador retriever mix belonging to Brooks, appeared to charge at the officer.
So naturally you just draw immediately and begin shooting indiscriminately?
Why is it so many leos and ATF agents are fearful of little dogs
Because they are mostly punk azz city boys whose lives are surrounded by concrete walls and they are afraid of any anything.

Words fail me.

"Clearly this is not the outcome that the officer wanted, nor the outcome the department wanted"

Gee, you think chief?

This is a clear case of involuntary manslaughter as the officer was technically in the commission of a crime by discharging his firearm while not in the performance of his duties or protecting another human or himself.

He was, in effect, nothing more than a frightened person shooting at a non-threat.

I guess a swift kick to the mouth or jab to the throat was deemed insufficient protection for the pipsqueak.

Poor dummy.

This is a clear case of involuntary manslaughter as the officer was technically in the commission of a crime by discharging his firearm while not in the performance of his duties or protecting another human or himself.

He was, in effect, nothing more than a frightened person shooting at a non-threat.

Where does it say it was not in performance of his duties? I read he was on a welfare check call, homeless woman was sleeping in the grass, when he approached and addressed the woman the dog that she was allowing to run loose tried to jump him.

Your marauding dog jumps me, it is going to get shot!!

That said, even a police officer, especially a police officer, is responsible for every bullet that leaves the muzzle!

That said, even a police officer, especially a police officer, is responsible for every bullet that leaves the muzzle!
Yea - well tell this to the woman he killed, and her family, he was just shooting at a 'marauding' dog that tried to 'jump him'.
This will no doubt justify it.

Where does it say it was not in performance of his duties?
It doesn't say this anywhere - I said it - it is my interpretation of what I saw in the video.

I saw an impulsive, snap shoot at a dog that had not yet tried to 'jump him' at all - it was just running out - it was not standing defiant with it's teeth bared and growling. It was not some 150 lb wolf dog from heII that was ready to attack (been there)

Did you see the dog 'jump him' ?

I have had many dogs approach me in this manner and while I have drawn down on some, I did not need to shoot.

Sad incident, disgusted by the officer.

If you have to shoot, fine, but do so effectively. If you're not training enough to be competent, request a paper pusher position before you kill someone. Flipping out over an animal short enough to stomp just doesn't make any sense to me.

If your job involves possibly discharging rounds wherever the situation may call for it, then I'd consider not training enough as negligence. Remember that "mass shooting" in New York some years back? "10 people shot by New York shooter!"
The next day, "10 people shot, some may have been by police"
Eventually "Ok, a guy shot a guy, and police shot everyone"

I love dogs. The last thing I am going to do is blame a dog for acting instinctively. It didn't look that threatening to me.

But, even if the cop felt threatened, he should have been aware of what was behind his target and used better judgement.

I love dogs. The last thing I am going to do is blame a dog for acting instinctively. It didn't look that threatening to me.

But, even if the cop felt threatened, he should have been aware of what was behind his target and used better judgement.

If that cop would have stood his ground and point his pepper spray at the dog, I'd bet my last dollar the little pot-licker would have slammed on the brakes and if not spraying in the face would have ended it. No one gets shot, no one gets bit, dog doesn't even get a boot to the head, but need a little DECON.

Yea - well tell this to the woman he killed, and her family, he was just shooting at a 'marauding' dog that tried to 'jump him'.
This will no doubt justify it.

It doesn't say this anywhere - I said it - it is my interpretation of what I saw in the video.

I saw an impulsive, snap shoot at a dog that had not yet tried to 'jump him' at all - it was just running out - it was not standing defiant with it's teeth bared and growling. It was not some 150 lb wolf dog from heII that was ready to attack (been there)

Did you see the dog 'jump him' ?

I have had many dogs approach me in this manner and while I have drawn down on some, I did not need to shoot.

Ok. Hey woman he killed "A police officer is responsible for every bullet the leaves the muzzle of his weapon." RV Tech is having a problem understanding the concept of responsibility or English, or is just angry or something.

So you want to argue that he was not on the job when he shot at that dog. I think we have nothing further to discuss.

So you want to argue that he was not on the job when he shot at that dog.
RV Tech is having a problem understanding the concept of responsibility or English,

RVTECH understands the 'concept of responsibility' AND English very well and I think you are using this as a poorly worded response to circumnavigate the reality of this - or am I not 'understanding' the 'concept of responsibility or English' of it?

Did I ever say He was NOT on the job when he shot the dog??

I am simply trying to point out he acted irrationally and out of fear which is not a quality of an LEO on the job.

His actions could have been no different than a civilian who is legally CCing and encountered a dog - and how would that have been different? Does the LEO get a free pass because of a 'Welfare check' ?

By the reasoning of him being 'on the job' would this justify an LEO to act out of fear if say if he were jumped by a big spider, or a mouse or heck, something bigger like a rat or snake?

It appears 'bravery' is no longer a prerequisite (or a demonstrative asset of being an LEO) and has been replaced by whatever action the LEO deems necessary.

When it comes to animal calls I was once called to a house where the report was a 'snake in the basement' - yes it - was - a big cottonmouth but I did not resort to shooting it.

I also had to respond once to a raccoon biting a dog in a backyard - again no shots fired (and a damn big raccoon to boot)

SO, am I still not understanding the 'concept of responsibility or English' ?

Last Edited:
Maybe it is time that LEOs get training on how to deal with dogs, from teacups to bear sized?

After all, most get training on how to deal with humans.

It seems to me that the rate of LEOs freaking out when encountering a dog is too high. If they can't handle a dog in training then maybe they shouldn't be a LEO?

Maybe it is time that LEOs get training on how to deal with dogs,
I agree.

Maybe add a curriculum to LEO training of having recruits encounter dogs with a psychological observation of them during these 'encounter' sessions.

It might be eye opening and potentially weed out some recruits.

Or am I still not understanding the 'concept of responsibility or English' - again ?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads