JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a smokin deal, people just aren't buying much of anything right now.
Most anything you need is double what you paid just three years ago.

A lot of people on the ropes right now. :(

if not trying to bust my chops, why are you busting my chops? i wasn't aware asking $200 for a $330 item was "top dollar" thanks for advice tho
Easy does it. Giving the benefit of the doubt would dictate that, since you have an active add going with fluctuating prices, albin most likely last saw it while it was a higher price. No chop busting required where there's a simple misunderstanding.

Be patient. I've had guns move in a matter of hours, and I've had guns move in a matter of months.

Just depends on the market, which is admittedly weird (and a bit tight with Bidenflation) right now.

RE: Stores.... Cabela's might buy it (but you'll get less than wholesale for it)

Not from Portland...so I can't help you there.

After looking at your shotgun and ammo...
I can say that while a good shotgun...that model is fairly common as well as easily found in gun shops .
( At least in my area )
So...lots of them are out there to be bought.
The same can be said for 12 gauge ammo...again in my area.

So the advice to be patient is very wise.

Personally I like the idea of selling both the shotgun and ammo together. , especially if one is trying to sell something that is common , like in your case.
Just remember that folks are always looking for a good deal....and that you probably won't get "retail prices" on your items.
Andy

Fast sale = likely loss of at least 50%

Get what you want $$$ wise = longer time in classifieds. You are waiting for someone that is actively looking to buy that exact model, but is cheap and would rather buy for 20-50 of used if it means saving some money. Did I mention this is longer.

Get the right amount of $$ and get fast sale = extremely rare but sometimes happens.

At times I'll list stuff and never think it will sell and it sells instantly.

At times I just at all over 50% loss and it sits forever.

I am picky about delivery and such and it likely loses the quick and easy sale too. I'di say I'll meet on the other side of town, it might mean a quicker sale. That's not a guarantee though.

Best luck with sale.

Barbells likely are cheaper than the loss by the way! ;)

You don't have to drop the price drastically all at once. I had a rifle I felt was reasonably priced on here for a few months with very little in the way of offers/inquiries. Eventually I dropped the price by 5% ($20) and within two days had two trade inquiries and two guys that wanted to buy it.

I'll give you $400 if you ship it to my cousin in Ukraine. I'm currently in Nigeria and will have to send you a cashiers check for $1000. Just include the extra $600 with the shotgun.. I'll let you keep the ammo or your trouble.

Having trouble getting rid of my 12 gauge and ammo... does anyone have any recommendations on stores that buy in the Portland area?

Stores.

in the Portland area.
Imo the old price was too high. Now that the ammo is separated and the price is much lower, it will likely sell. The $200 price is now comparable to a new mossberg maverick for example so it is not an unreasonable price.

BEEDBF79-1B03-426F-A4C0-2E297F98E6D7.png

I knew a fella that was trying to sell a house. Thought he had it priced right and got lots of lookers but nobody was buyin'. On a whim he raised the price $20,000 and sold it in two days.
If I were to see that ad for the first time without knowing the backstory I'd be leery as hell about buying it. I'd figure that for that price there must be something wrong with it.

Shotguns are on the, I can get anytime list. I think more people are focusing on what they can only get now. Timing sucks, but I'd shop pawnshops and look for the best deal. I got a surprisingly good deal on a low end Savage rifle.

they aren't getting banned, but okay.
You seem to be very defensive. Reacting negatively to what looked like good natured jokes, shooting down any feedback people try to give in response to your request for feedback. I believe 99% of the people in this thread are genuinely trying to provide useful information for you.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews