JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
VSTO = Vista Outdoor Inc.

Stock price (10-17-2023) is.......$24.43 a share.
So, today it's down $0.59 or 2.36%.
They were one of the companies that helped me double the $$$ in my stock portfolio when covid hit. To me it was more than predicable. Them and three other firearms companies. Not dipping my toe back into them anytime soon.
Vista lost hundreds of millions $ when REI boycotted them after the shooting in Florida in 2018.
Coincidence that they are selling off the brands that REI stopped ordering? I think not, money and opinions drive corporations actions nowadays.

What's this now? REI wouldn't carry their products because a shooter used one of their ammo brands?? I musta missed that one.

If true... that sounds to me like REI is the one that needs to go broke.

"I broke the news in a viral story when both REI and its Canadian counterpart MEC dropped the hydration company along with Blackburn, Camp Chef, Giro, and Bell, after the school shooting in Parkland, Florida."
Over the years, our family has spent thousands, likely I could add another zero but I don't want to think about that. We were in REI so much that they let us do our family Christmas card photo in the front window like we were manikins. Our local store (jokingly) would not let me buy anything from them until I memorized my membership number (I did and still have it memorized). We have been avid hikers, backpackers, climbers, mountain bikers. The outdoor community used to be very much live and let live (kinda like Oregon). I would frequently climb with folks who I knew were about as politically opposite from me as possible but we would share a rope during the day and a campfire and beer in the evening.

Sadly that has changed, thanks to REI, North Face, Columbia, Patagonia, etc. I've been wearing Bell helmets since my karting days in high school. When they dumped VO, I pretty much stopped shopping with them. And TNF, along with some others. They live in a land of absolutes with their virtue-signaling. They "signaled" that their product selection was no longer based on what was best, but what was woke. It's sad really.

Really?

View attachment 1742472

They aren't big political contributors and fairly evenly mixed in previous years. A definite shift the past couple years though... it would appear(?) I don't know if that really indicates "woke", and I'm not at all familiar with their corporate culture and policies, but the recent trend is a little disconcerting.
There are many companies that are now owned in part of entirely by China. I read online that Unilever is one of them, they make Best Foods and Hellman's mayonnaise. We have used these for years. No more, we now go online and buy Duke's Mayonnaise. It is good and a USA company. I also am emailing all the stores we grocery shop at and telling them the same. And guess what, if you use Gillette shave products, you money is also going to China.

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but has anyone thought how this will effect primer supplies? Vista owned 3 of the 5 main primer facilities for the US.
Also, how is this sale allowed, don't we have a law in place that requires at minimum 50% of all ammunition manufacturing be

Side note: Dick's still sells guns, gun accessories and ammo just not on the west coast.

There are many companies that are now owned in part of entirely by China. I read online that Unilever is one of them, they make Best Foods and Hellman's mayonnaise. We have used these for years. No more, we now go online and buy Duke's Mayonnaise. It is good and a USA company. I also am emailing all the stores we grocery shop at and telling them the same. And guess what, if you use Gillette shave products, you money is also going to China.
$18.00 for a 32oz bottle of whipped up oil/egg with a little vinegar?! Mmm, NOT!

Americas ! #1 issue. Foreign ownership, of American land.
China And Saudi owned land is and issue. Mostly because the land is commerce owned.
Why some is farm land, most is owned the consumer and manufacturing levels.

MHO. If you have not bought a life times worth of ammo or firearms by now?
You will probably lose that opportunity soon.

I go back, about 65% of all Republicans did not vote in Oregon, and if I recall it was 45% in the last POTUS that did not also vote.

Everyone wants to blame toe DEM party for doing what they did without a fight.
We deserves everything we are losing. Why? Because by not voting the voice becomes silent.

I remember like 14 years ago Prozanski ( mr antigunner himself won a reelection, because only 35% of Republicans even voted in my County.
And he barely won.

Rant Over.

Argus.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR