JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you been noticing more open carry in the last couple weeks?

• Yes, to the point I've noticed.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Maybe, seems like it, but not sure.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No, not that I've seen.

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • I never see open carry here.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • (burp!) Eh, wut wuz duh ques'n (gurgling sound) eh-gen?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm with you, I also have more spare loaded mags that I usually carry. And loaded AR mags, and an AR downstairs. It is what it is, be prepared and hope we never need them.
I haven't gone there yet. My neighborhood seems to be doing alright. We are also pretty far away from other major cities. Though our little grocery store has finally been hit hard of most things. Mostly by outsiders. The little liquor store was also hit due to outside areas closing up their liquor stores.

Well, I emailed the sheriff's office. they don't do the fingerprint right now. No answer really on exercising the right in Beaverton without CHL. Was gonna get the CHL but I must file with USCIS too... guess what, they closed lol.
Was referred to Beaverton PD....no answer from them at all. o_O so what does one do? can't get a CHL, cant open carry, cant conceal carry. Bearing arms means carry them right? 2A suspended in Beaverton during this?

Cascadia Concealment made me a denim print kydex holster to break up outlines when OC. He thought it a bit odd but liked it after he put it all together

D308C290-3E67-4553-BBEF-45EDE85A7CC1.jpeg

In the past, in Yelm, WA, I would semi-regularly see open carried pistols. It wasn't an everyday occurrence, usually one guy, per 3-4 trips to the store (it rare to see two people OCing on the same day). The last few months though, I began noticing more people open carrying. It started out with seeing at least one person OCing every time I went to the store, then two people, etc............ A couple of days ago, I went to pick up a few things and in less than half an hour, I saw 5 people in the store OCing (2 Glocks, 1 M&P, 1 FN and a Ruger).

Has anyone else noticed this in their area? Or could it be just a local phenomenon?

Ray

I'm not out much but haven't seen anyone OC'ing in the suburbs in quite awhile.

Last time I OC'ed (not counting the woods) it was the 4th of July maybe 5 years ago and I was in a fireworks stand.

Ended with me being asked to leave by a very nervous kid in charge. I asked where the signs were prohibiting it and he sheepishly said it was company policy.

Since then I just stay with CC.

I'm not out much but haven't seen anyone OC'ing in the suburbs in quite awhile.

Last time I OC'ed (not counting the woods) it was the 4th of July maybe 5 years ago and I was in a fireworks stand.

Ended with me being asked to leave by a very nervous kid in charge. I asked where the signs were prohibiting it and he sheepishly said it was company policy.

Since then I just stay with CC.

I'm pretty much the same way. I sometimes OC in the woods and did OC on Independence Day last year, but more often than not, I prefer CCing.

Ray

Working on trying to piece together an AR pistol of my own.

Most of the way there and the world seems to be the kind of place I want a 30 round AR up front in my vehicle if I'm going out of my general neighborhood:oops:

While I fully support OC and CC...the problem with open carry in OR. is yeah it's an open carry state but in different local municipalities it's not consistent. For instance Astoria does not allow open carry. So one minute outside your good, the next you're not.

While I fully support OC and CC...the problem with open carry in OR. is yeah it's an open carry state but in different local municipalities it's not consistent. For instance Astoria does not allow open carry. So one minute outside your good, the next you're not.

Unless you have a CHL, which exempts you from local OC restrictions. You can even legally open carry a long gun in PDX... ;)

I've been aproached by a few friends and relatives that don't carry with questions about open carry and if it's legal, etc.. They ask about CHL as well. Prior to this year I've never been asked about it, and most inquiries came since the BLMTifa show came to town.

If you choose to OC, learn weapon retention or use a retention holster, be polite, and look sharp. A good example can go along way, so can a poor one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top