JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you been noticing more open carry in the last couple weeks?

• Yes, to the point I've noticed.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Maybe, seems like it, but not sure.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No, not that I've seen.

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • I never see open carry here.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • (burp!) Eh, wut wuz duh ques'n (gurgling sound) eh-gen?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If we just banned all fans...would the S still hit the fan...?....:eek: :D
Andy

Dunno, but it's worth a try. It's prophylactic "for the children" ya know! We do everything else including booster seats and shutting down all commerce and human interaction. We sure as hell don't need to be covered in S!!! (even if we're 6' away)

My brother has a place in central Idaho, open carry central. Parked next to a high end, tricked out Vett at the local grocery, BIG Biker / Logger Dude comes out open carry, with a little Fu Fu Dog, pops the storage boot hauls out a tricked out AR , loads the dog, mounts the AR to his console all the while chatting with a little old lady then hops in and drives off! Still makes me laugh thinking about it, life in Santa ID.
The hat...gotta go with the McCloud look ...:D
Andy

Last Edited:
I have a Galco shoulder holster for my S&W 686-1. It has two flat pockets to carry 12 extra rounds. I have two speed loaders so I don't carry extra rounds in those flat pockets.

0BEF1FB7-1974-46B2-8F61-9888482F4814.jpeg
3496CE93-29C7-4278-9A73-E1466ED997DC.jpeg

in regards to CC carry with out license... what do you do, they aren't processing new applications. And in Beaverton you cant open carry a loaded weapon without a license. How do I protect myself when going out? I wouldn't have an issue open carrying but... without bullets its useless. I mean... whats the solution? Dont I have a right to?

My gf says most people who come thru her lane have been expressing they are carrying because they are uncertain of how folks are going to be at the store front.

i'd safely say most people are on edge who venture out.

Guy doing a little landscaping work at the bar in town had a pistol on his hip. Kinda funny. Somebody going to rob you for your rake? In broad daylight on main street?

Hillsboro area here - and yes, I've noticed more OC than usual. And its scary because they're probably not "gun people" judging by the gear. Its been a slew of super cheap Uncle Mikes (and UTG) nylon holsters with the crummy nylon strap that snaps on the outside. Those "universal fit" types that have no retention. And its been a gamut from Glocks and XDs to a Hi Point, and one dude carrying a single action Ruger revolver (looked like a .22 by the size)

The other day at Grocery Outlet, there was a guy with a crappy holster that was empty. I don't know if he left the gun in his vehicle, or if it fell out and he didn't notice. Not to get too book-by-the-cover, but the dude looked like a methed out hillbilly. Bad teeth, long greasy hair, dirty clothes. If he'd had a marlboro hanging from his lip the picture would've been complete. He didn't scream "good guy with a gun" more than "OMFG lets GTFO before something goes down"

Tell me about that Truglo mounted in front of the Eotech. Haven't seen one before.

Small compact green laser. The body of it is below the sight plane of the Eotech so not in the way, also with such a small fore-grip the mounting on top is out of the way of my hand yet my thumb can toggle the laser. QCB I go laser, more open space I am using the 2 dot Eotech. Eotech top dot is 110g zeroed at 100yrd and the bottom dot is 220g sub to 75yrds.

Guy doing a little landscaping work at the bar in town had a pistol on his hip. Kinda funny. Somebody going to rob you for your rake? In broad daylight on main street?
That is precisely the talking point used by people who wish to outlaw ADULTS from being able to carry at schools.
"What? You afraid of being attacked by 2nd graders?"
Very short-sighted and deliberately obtuse. Please don't publicly judge others' motivations as to why they carry... especially if they are a complete stranger to you.
I mean... whats the solution? Dont I have a right to?
This is what happens when we allow the government to distribute rights as privileges... if they give it, they can take it away. If the government entities that distribute those privileges decide to close, you are delayed or denied of those.
Your rights still exist, you are just unable to excercise them legally due to the legislative strings attatched.
Your solution, such as it exists, is to get your CHL, break the law (unlawful posession of a firearm is a misdemeanor), or go unarmed.

Last Edited:
Last winter, in a thread about being a well behaved subject, I said then, and I reiterate, I am a law abiding citizen.

If the Gubmint decides to move the pins and call me a criminal, I guess that is their prerogative.

In the states where OC is legal they'll always be a percentage of those who get into hissy-fits about those who OC, cuz, cuz, cus they don't like it and know what's best for all.

Now, look at both of my middle fingers...

I have an in car holster from Gum Creek which works but if I drive a different vehicle I need to holster off and move it. I bought this holster that in includes a holster the I can clamp to the map carry slot instead. I bought this a few years ago and never thought I'd need it. Not sure if the vehicle holster is still available but it includes a carry case for the clamping unit.

D69AC584-E8F4-4B65-B368-9F7A91FF82B2.jpeg 876B3232-D200-49A2-A3DB-893CFE363A72.jpeg

8F217989-D1E6-4662-9E93-89310D1EAA04.jpeg

Some, but around here it's not too out of place depending where you go. I was surprised they didn't tag pistols when you walk in at Cabela's, I saw a few open carry there as well.

This week might be a bit different to say the least. With thousands of new guns and gun owners out there. Things might happen that carrying a larger capacity pistol on your hip might be a good idea.

I'm with you, I also have more spare loaded mags that I usually carry. And loaded AR mags, and an AR downstairs. It is what it is, be prepared and hope we never need them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top