JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you been noticing more open carry in the last couple weeks?

• Yes, to the point I've noticed.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Maybe, seems like it, but not sure.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No, not that I've seen.

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • I never see open carry here.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • (burp!) Eh, wut wuz duh ques'n (gurgling sound) eh-gen?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Seen more than usual out my way. Uncle Mike's holsters, XDs and M&Ps. One clipped to a guys sweat pants. Saw another guy with a kimber in a shoulder holster.... over his t-shirt.... with all the adjustment straps hanging a foot long, flapping in the breeze...

But I just hope there is a surge in 2A support with all the insanity.

A few months back I saw two in one week at that little market in Banks, Or. The funny thing to me were they were little guns. If you are going to OC go big. I only see OC a few times a year in Washington county.

I've ditched the secret squirrel p938 for a P220 on my shoulder and could care less about printing now.
Does that count?

No, because you said that you "COULD care less", which means you must care... at least a little.

Now, if you had said that you COULDN'T care less, that means you really don't care down to the depths of your soul, and only THEN.... we might believe you.

But right now..... no.

;):D

Last Edited:
I'm a hermit who rarely leaves the house during "normal" times. But my daughter works retail so I'll use her perspective. She says there are open carry regular customers all the time. The store has definitely been busier for the last week but it's mostly regulars so it really hasn't changed.
My part of Idaho is rural enough that OC isn't all that unusual. In fact, the guy who owns the little pizza place I ate lunch at yesterday open carries every day. So does his wife when she works there on weekends.

No, because you said you COULD CARE LESS, which means you must care... at least a little.

Now, if you had said that you COULDN'T care less, that means you really don't care down to the depths of your soul, and only THEN.... we might believe you.

But right now..... no.

;):D

Sorta' like "irregardless."

As a licensed CCW guy myself, I tend to notice sidearms openly carried and (often) concealed. No notable increase in Washington County so far, but I'm also scaling back the frequency of my sorties. It'll be sad to see tension build up to the point where people feel the need to display their weapons in public.

Never see OC in our area. Too many snowflakes. CC for me. If they only knew what was in my gym bag......

IMG_0863.jpg

Nope , not that I have seen...
But as I teach ....it ain't likely that I will see a gun being carried openly or concealed....

And with that said , now that the schools are closed....
I can starting carrying more ( concealed , yes I have a license )
And , have more time for gun related projects.
Andy
So, my question for @Andy54Hawken is do you offside carry your powderhorn, patch and balls?

:s0140:

j/k brother, I know you have a few "modern" firearms. :s0114:

So, my question for @Andy54Hawken is do you offside carry your powderhorn, patch and balls?

:s0140:

j/k brother, I know you have a few "modern" firearms. :s0114:
Well since you asked....
I shoot rifles and shotguns right handed...but am left handed and right eyed dominant ...
I carry my shooing pouch and powder horn on my left side...so it is easier for me to get at it.

Hand guns I shoot left handed...I know I'm weird...and not just 'cause of that....:D
For modern hand guns I prefer stongside ( left ) carry....
Right now , thanks to a forum member I have a excellent IWB leather holster for my favorite hand gun
( Thanks again , you know who you are...:D )
Andy

Not that I've seen... but I've spent only around an hour or so in public over the last 3 days. But even before that, it's probably been years since I've seen anyone OC (not counting gun shop employees).

I'm still carrying concealed; IWB or shoulder holster with an automatic. If I give into temptation and open carry, I might have to go a little, shall we say, flamboyant.

Flamboyant.jpg

To answer the question, no I haven't seen anyone OC'ing around here. I CC if I'm awake, and decided last night to switch back from my new G48 to my G45.

You know, just in case. ;)

I started carrying OWB at home on the weekend. She didn't even bat an eye.

I don't think it is gonna go down in my front yard on Saturday afternoon, but I didn't see the entirety of this Wuhan deal, either.

But I am not flaunting, and I throw a sweater or heavy shirt on if I venture around the grounds.

On the daily I am still CC. I don't ever see that changing.

Yep,,it was a good look..more befitting the revolver and especially the holster ...than the Teddie Tactical bead and such...
Or maybe 'casue its a S&W .44 Magnum....go all Coogan's Bluff...:D
Andy

Yep, the big hogg is more suited to traditional badazz. The tacticool look is more for tacticool weapons. My revolver's barrel is too short to scare the wimen tho! :oops::oops::oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top