JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Have you been noticing more open carry in the last couple weeks?

• Yes, to the point I've noticed.

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Maybe, seems like it, but not sure.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No, not that I've seen.

Votes: 95 63.8%
  • I never see open carry here.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • (burp!) Eh, wut wuz duh ques'n (gurgling sound) eh-gen?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In a normal sane world I would have no problem with people, and myself, open carrying. But as the saying goes< "We live in interesting times" where people are willing to come up behind you to assault you and try and take your weapon. Why give them a leg up on me. I CC most of the time. It isn't worth arguing with people. If they don't know I am carrying, I have an advantage.
As a gun owner and a CCer I do not like to see guys standing in a Subway shop with slung ARs over their shoulders. Even though they are trying to make a point and I get it, its not a good look and a future ad picture for the anti-gunners.

It's hard to control the narrative with your dick hanging out.
I see them as the ex-high school guys who strut around with their chests out hoping to create a scene. Serves no purpose and hurts our own narrative to be a responsible gun owner.

BTW - when I do it its usually just because I forgot to zip up!

I generally CC with an OWB, the OC preemption is just a handy bonus for hiking or fishing, or other circumstances such as passing through a city with more restrictive laws. Speaking for myself. If it prints, it's still legal, etc.

I see them as the ex-high school guys who strut around with their chests out hoping to create a scene. Serves no purpose and hurts our own narrative to be a responsible gun owner.

BTW - when I do it its usually just because I forgot to zip up!

Be careful not to get "jammed up" in that zipper..... getting the beans zipped up above the frank will forever change your life! :eek:

It's just too easy to drop the 642 in a pants pocket rather than strapping on a hog-leg. If I'm going walk about I'll open carry a single action, generally my 41 Mag.
I wonder if it might actually be a safety feature to carry a single action if someone would grab it out of my holster how long would it take them to figure out how to make it go bang and would they shoot themselfs in the process?

I don't get out to random places much, for me it's just grocery stores, dad's house, and the range. I WFH so my daily commute is walking 70' to the office. So my perception is likely not representative, but I've not seen any noticeable change.

I have seen a few cases of open carry in Hillsboro. Outside of the gun store employee's the 2 cases of normal people seemed pretty clownish. One was wearing a tank top and a shoulder holster, the other had some ridiculous tactical drop leg. I felt they could do better in their presentation. I considered it myself for a bit. However I just got my CHL yesterday so it's no longer a consideration for me.

I saw a guy in Newport a couple of weeks ago with a semi-auto pistol stuck in his back pants pocket without a holster. It had worn an outline similar to what a can of chew does. I'm happy to see anyone carrying a gun, but not my preferred method by far. I pointed it out to my wife, and the first thing she said was, "How does he sit down with that thing?".

Be careful not to get "jammed up" in that zipper..... getting the beans zipped up above the frank will forever change your life! :eek:
Been there, done that. 4th grade. Most embarrassing moment of my life to date, 50+ years gone by now. Thank God for my teacher, Ms. Baccarro.
She "rescued" me and my manboyhood from the gnashing teeth of my Levis, for which I will be forever grateful to her, yet eternally horribly embarrassed... :oops:

Last Edited:
1) "It's hard to control the narrative with your dick hanging out."
Not if you're extremely well endowed. :D

2) I very seldom OC but iff'n I'm a-gonna, it's because my piece is too big to conceal well.

3) My choice for OC would be an AR or a 12 ga. but it's just not practical.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top